Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the NBA Dress Code?

Left with AI?
Technically it's still there, and we all know why Stern implemented it in the first place.
Granted, we know Westbrook violates those rules quite often, but hasn't been fined if I recall.
It's probably because his "fashion" doesn't touch the "baggy" hip hop look of the past that Stern wanted to get rid of.

Oh well, trivial really.

Rockets are 22-8.
It's going to be tough for Harden to beat KD for MVP but damn he's good.
He even dusted Kawhi.

Why did Kidd throw in the towel with a full quarter left.

Bucks were within 11 with 9 minutes left in the game, no Starter saw the 4th
im not sure, Kidd makes some strange decisions..i dont know if he was trying to limit minutes because of the overtime game, but they're so young that shouldn't matter...sometimes i think he's punishing players for fouls or turnovers and then rides with the bench players a little too long

in fairness i think he's still trying to figure out a rotation and give players a chance because Vaughn, Plumlee etc have not played well this season...its frustrating though because Kidd usually ends up giving them more minutes against teams the Bucks should be beating and then they end up losing...like if he just tightened up the rotation, we'd probably have a few more wins
"I hope. I hope, man. I hope," Irving said, when asked about the possibility of seeing the Bucks in the postseason. "They're a great young team. It would be great to go four games against them. I'm fired up to go against them every time now, for real. Ever since they kicked our (butt) in Milwaukee, it's been personal and it's going to continue to be personal."
damn Kyrie  
laugh.gif

it sure seemed like he had a vendetta last night

Last edited:
Posse fits if that's actually what it is.

Posse didn't fit when it was dudes making millions and adding to a billion dollar plan.

Karl was still wilding either way. It rubs me the wrong way sometimes when people say "if they had a father figure."

Yeah its an automatic excuse to say whatever ignorant nonsense.

Karl had a father figure and he's still a jerk.

"Carmelo was a true conundrum for me in the six years I had him," Karl wrote in "Furious George," according to an advance copy obtained by the New York Post. "He was the best offensive player I ever coached. He was also a user of people, addicted to the spotlight and very unhappy when he had to share it.

"He really lit my fuse with his low demand of himself on defense. He had no commitment to the hard, dirty work of stopping the other guy."

Karl coached Anthony from January 2005 to February 2011, when Anthony had his demand for a trade fulfilled and joined the Knicks. Karl said the trade was "a sweet release for the coach and the team, like popping a blister."

Fired by the Nuggets after the 2012-13 season, Karl served as an ESPN analyst before returning to the sideline with the Kings. An acrimonious season and a half in Sacramento ended with Karl's firing after the 2015-16 campaign. Karl, who has also coached the Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors, Seattle SuperSonics and Milwaukee Bucks, has a career record of 1,175-824.

The coach was also critical of J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin, comparing those two, along with Anthony, to "the spoiled brats you see in junior golf and junior tennis."

Karl wrote that Smith, who is now with the Cavaliers, had "a huge sense of entitlement, a distracting posse, his eye always on the next contract and some really unbelievable shot selection."

Karl is a clown, but don't see a single lie there. Swish has grown up since then though. Melo...not really changed.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense why Melo didn't want to go to Chicago if that's the mindset he still has.

“Kenyon and Carmelo carried two big burdens: all that money and no father to show them how to act like a man,” Karl wrote.

well damn 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom