Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you gotta rest, sit out home games not on the road at least

The NBA is the entrainment business. You signed up for this when you got into the league

So sit out for your home fans? Yea, makes a ton of sense :stoneface:

This ain't the WWE, Stars On Ice, or the Harlem Globetrotters where it's oriented around entertaining the crowd.

Last edited:
I've gone to Laker games at every level sans Courtside, my best times have been with people in the 300s section cause they're the real fans. The closer you get to the court the more corporate the crowd is and everyone is just trying to be seen. Not sure if it's the same for other arenas. When I was in South FL at the Heat games it was a mix everywhere for the most part. Dimes everywhere though.

in some cities its definitely like that, but i don't think you see it in a lot of small markets. i'll say you have a solid mix of casual (corporate) fans sitting up close along with die hards when it comes to small markets (or at least in Memphis).

If you gotta rest, sit out home games not on the road at least

The NBA is the entrainment business. You signed up for this when you got into the league

So sit out for your home fans? Yea, makes a ton of sense :stoneface:

This ain't the WWE, Stars On Ice, or the Harlem Globetrotters :smh:

This was my first thought. What about the poor Cleveland kid going to his only Cavs game to see bron. You rather **** on him than some LA kid who chose to follow the Cavs?

The only thing I will say is messed up is teams have been turning to tier pricing. So a game vs the Cavs is considered a tier 1 game and is more expensive than the Pistons/Grizzlies/Blazers.

The only real solution is to shorten the season or minimize the back to backs (which I believe is gonna happen next season)

Funny thing is now I purposely go to the wack games and sit close for cheap. Cavs/Warriors/Spurs are for the bars.

Anyway, I'm done. Had to channel my inner Antidope and give my unpopular opinion for a second.

Last edited:
i cannot stress enough to you guys to go to Orlando magic games at Amway. Make sure you get vip club access. It's the best experience imo. I've been to a lot of arenas, but that one is my favorite. Old magic players random walking though. You walk through the same tunnel as the players when you have club access. Got into a roasting match with Bo Outlaw :rofl:. that was where I found out Holadipo was a f boy. Threw AG an oop in pregame. Their club is fire. Although I like the food options at the pistons club more. But still, they have a free ice cream, sundae station. Lots of baddies. Networked with some guys from Roc Nation there. Pecas. they were there when Justice came with the heat. Everybody was hella friendly. And being in florida, the weather was always on point. They shut down the street right outside the arena and hold events every day. DJ's, dunk tanks, free tees, etc. It was fire.

Quicken Loans arena is fire too. Real dope imo. I didnt go to the club, dont know if they have one, but yea, its a cool looking place. They have that shut down road too. and they have a stage and performers. and a basketball court and maaaad hoops. and outdoor views of the Indians stadium.

Last edited:
I've gone to Laker games at every level sans Courtside, my best times have been with people in the 300s section cause they're the real fans. The closer you get to the court the more corporate the crowd is and everyone is just trying to be seen. Not sure if it's the same for other arenas. When I was in South FL at the Heat games it was a mix everywhere for the most part. Dimes everywhere though.

in some cities its definitely like that, but i don't think you see it in a lot of small markets. i'll say you have a solid mix of casual (corporate) fans sitting up close along with die hards when it comes to small markets (or at least in Memphis).

Ditto. The corporate folks buying up some of the lower level sitting only to not show up is disgusting

Warriors coming Friday...That means Ros is coming friday. Gon try and hook up with her, maybe have Ros cumming friday. :evil:

tumblr_nmrwumR40f1s8ghqso1_500.gif

Yea I figured market size would change the dynamic. Silly me I thought Laker tickets would be more reasonable with Bean retired now, nope. Lakers price every game like a marquee game :lol: Picked a great game to go to this season since Shaq's statue is getting unveiled the same day plus get to see the T'Pups on the backend.

I hope grizzlies smash pistons tonight. i wanna see how bad things can get lol.

just heard a john wall to detroit for stanley and reggie rumor.

Maybe put a minutes restriction on guys instead a full out rest?

Play Lebron 24 minutes against the grizzlies.

Last edited:
Yea I'm all-in on team **** the fans. Especially the bums using illegal streaming sites instead of League Pass and then complaining about players not doing right by the fans.

GSW and CLE are much better off resting players. Bron is gonna rest what, 6 games? And we have to hear people complain about it. This man has had it. Yea

Like LeBrons says "I been doing this for 14 years, I shouldn't have to explain to y'all this and that"

Boss statement in my opinion.

Good Prediction.

But I think they eventually end in 5 or 6.

Hell no. Knicks aren't missing the post season. Chicago's roster is too good to miss 8th. If anything. Detroit and Milwaukee will fight to the finish for 8th.

Stephen Curry leaving GSW will be the biggest shock to the sports world since KD leaving OKC for GSW. He's not going anywhere. He's gonna make upwards of $139 million in the Summer.

Nuggets have a alright future. Emmanuel Mudiay is nice and the face of Denver. Front office isn't gonna trade him.

Damn Aaron Affalo & Rudy Gay already letting front office know they won't be returning next season. I think this is the summer DeMarcus demands to be traded. He's gone. Finally Sacramento can rebuild!

Disappointed in Detroit. I had them in the 6-7th seed in the East. Looks like Chicago will replace them this post season.

The only way the kings truly rebuild is if they somehow get rid of Vivek or at least limit his involvement. Dude should just stop playing pretend GM and let professionals do their work.

Totally agree. This guy really said they should try to play 4 on 5 basketball. :stoneface:

Yea I'm all-in on team **** the fans. Especially the bums using illegal streaming sites instead of League Pass and then complaining about players not doing right by the fans.

GSW and CLE are much better off resting players. Bron is gonna rest what, 6 games? And we have to hear people complain about it. This man has had it. Yea

Like LeBrons says "I been doing this for 14 years, I shouldn't have to explain to y'all this and that"

Boss statement in my opinion.

Lame.

Some people save up weeks for a chance to see their favorite players and they sit out for "rest"

Less back to backs, etc isn't gonna stop them from sitting out games without being injured.

It's gonna keep happening next year and we'll be revisiting this same issue.

Just fine the team for not playing their stars or give people the opportunity to get their money back up to an hour or so after the lineups have been announced, if players are sitting for no reason.

Bet that **** would stop real quick.

LeBron could very well shatter all these individual records he may have sights on, but at what expense?

Very rarely will anyone be able to have their cake and eat it too. Something's gotta give. As with everything in life.

LeBron has already done enough statistics wise for his career to be considered a top 5 player. Only way he dethrones MJ or even sits at the same table as Kobe and Magic is if he gets 5 rings.

kobe is not at any table with magic lmao

bron is top 4

mj
magic
kareem
bron

^ what if it's the 5 rings or more table? :nerd:

Maybe put a minutes restriction on guys instead a full out rest?

Play Lebron 24 minutes against the grizzlies.

Dude's should start and sit out after a TV timeout.

that should stop all this bloddclot crying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom