Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavs need to recalibrate and just rest up for June. Not worth overplaying everyone when they can cruise to a 1 or at worst 2 seed in the east.

LeBron is averging 39 minutes this month.

I don't even think they need homecourt throughout the East playoffs anyways. 2nd seed should be good enough.

They're 5 games ahead of the 3rd seed, so it'll be pretty tough for them to lose enough to get there.

Cavs need to recalibrate and just rest up for June. Not worth overplaying everyone when they can cruise to a 1 or at worst 2 seed in the east.

LeBron is averging 39 minutes this month.

I don't even think they need homecourt throughout the East playoffs anyways. 2nd seed should be good enough.

They're 5 games ahead of the 3rd seed, so it'll be pretty tough for them to lose enough to get there.
I looked at the roster and thought "Wow, this roster is thinner than I remember" because of Mo's retirement and Birdman's torn ACL. :lol:

Last edited:
Stephen Curry leaving GSW will be the biggest shock to the sports world since KD leaving OKC for GSW. He's not going anywhere. He's gonna make upwards of $139 million in the Summer.

Nuggets have a alright future. Emmanuel Mudiay is nice and the face of Denver. Front office isn't gonna trade him.

Damn Aaron Affalo & Rudy Gay already letting front office know they won't be returning next season. I think this is the summer DeMarcus demands to be traded. He's gone. Finally Sacramento can rebuild!

Disappointed in Detroit. I had them in the 6-7th seed in the East. Looks like Chicago will replace them this post season.

lol at the peanuts that is 139 mil. curry not getting less than future conley fam bam. that brotha coppin that 207 milly check

I saw Russell projected to make $219 mill and Harden $171 mill. Yeah i can see Steph getting $200-somethng but GSW can't pay Draymond, Klay and KD for years to come... Someone gotta' go

JR Smith out 4-6 weeks. Needs right thumb surgery

How will he hold up the Henny???

@Animal Thug will hold it for him

giphy.gif

Personnel and team offense should be taken into account for Griffin's decline in dunk rate, but still noteworthy.

That graph illustrating Griffins shot distribution over the course of his career is staggering.

I get that it's a function of new offense and players, combined with a more "sophisticated" developed offensive game, but when you're purposely taking lower percentage shots over high ones, something isn't right.

View media item 2270398

Warriors defense is up to 3rd best in the league also, wayyyy better than it was last year. Much less turnovers. Its actually even better defense than they played the championship years, by the numbers. Lead the league in steals and block shots. Top 5 in getting teams to turn ball over. And the point differential of wins isnt even in the same stratosphere. Not to mention cavs getting hit with injuries again and bron playing 40 minutes a night in december..not a good look. Jr out again for 2 months. Bron is great but its the other guys you gotta think about.

Bron should rest every other game. If you haven't seen him play live yet that's on you. Or cop some playoff tickets.

View media item 2270398

Warriors defense is up to 3rd best in the league also, wayyyy better than it was last year. Much less turnovers. Its actually even better defense than they played the championship years, by the numbers. Lead the league in steals and block shots. Top 5 in getting teams to turn ball over. And the point differential of wins isnt even in the same stratosphere. Not to mention cavs getting hit with injuries again and bron playing 40 minutes a night in december..not a good look. Jr out again for 2 months. Bron is great but its the other guys you gotta think about.

All of this adds up in the long run.

Cleveland needs to be patient and stay the course. LeBron is going to need Kyrie and Love (I know he's going through some knee issues right now) to step up. There is no way LeBron should be playing 40 mins and the Cavs chasing home court throughout playoffs in expense of long term sustainability.

This sort of reminds me how inexperienced Lue really is. Great coaches like Pop would NEVER expend his players health for short term "advantages". Play who you have to play and do your job while you're as close to 100% as possible. Everything else falls where it needs to.

Warriors chased 73 last season and look where it got them. Curry slipped on wet spot and Draymond was feeling himself too much and started hitting people in the groin.

(over used cliche) NBA season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Bron should rest every other game. If you haven't seen him play live yet that's on you. Or cop some playoff tickets.

Foolish and inconsiderate sentiment. As a professional athlete, it is your obligation to go out there and play for the fans. At the end of the day, the fans are what makes the NBA run. Without them, they wouldn't be there.

Just sit out homes games. Cavs are 13-2 at home and 7-4 on the road. It's obviously clear the Cavs need LeBron more on the road than at home.

Last edited:
Some of yall act like LeBron isnt trying to shatter as many individual statistic records as he can at the same time. And I'd be doing the same thing if I were in his position.

Last edited:
Some of yall act like LeBron isnt trying to shatter as many individual statistic records as he can at the same time. And I'd be doing the same thing if I were in his position.

LeBron could very well shatter all these individual records he may have sights on, but at what expense?

Very rarely will anyone be able to have their cake and eat it too. Something's gotta give. As with everything in life.

LeBron has already done enough statistics wise for his career to be considered a top 5 player. Only way he dethrones MJ or even sits at the same table as Kobe and Magic is if he gets 5 rings.

LeBron needs to chill and save his body for when it matters most.

Chasing that elusive 6th ring will probably be one of the toughest feats for LeBron. A lot of things would have to go his way, and LeBron's game would have to kind of change as well. At this point in his career, I don't see it happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom