Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imaginary franchise players

This is the best way to put it. Every year people hype up the draft like its some second coming, but in reality rarely do you get more than 1-2 franchise players per draft. As far as future starters, role players, borderline all stars, etc then yea i can understand the hype.

Last edited:
This is the best way to put it. Every year people hype up the draft like its some second coming, but in reality rarely do you get more than 1-2 franchise players per draft. As far as future starters, role players, borderline all stars, etc then yea i can understand the hype.
But in this scenario we're talking about 2 #1 overall picks.

I don't think Wolves need to choose between Wiggins or Lavine, they'd be wise to keep them both.

Just get rid of Rubio

Didn't the wolves decline Dunn for Jimmy Butler? Another case of overhyping an unproven rookie and declining a trade for an established all star.

They have a top 5 pick this year, Rubio still has value, Dunn still has value. No need to trade any of your main 3 just yet.

Last edited:
OKB woulda loved LaVine if he was Canadian or Euro.
Took the words right out of my mouth 
laugh.gif

Every year there's some Euro he gasses to the 10th power and an American "AAU product" that he claims doesn't know how to play basketball.

Not saying it's his fault or he isn't supremely talented, but a lot of people were crowning KAT a top 10 player in the league going into this season. You can't be a top 10 player on one of the worst teams in the league.

Not saying it's his fault or he isn't supremely talented, but a lot of people were crowning KAT a top 10 player in the league going into this season. You can't be a top 10 player on one of the worst teams in the league.

So Anthony Davis isn't a top 10 player either?

This should be interesting
The NBA is introducing significant changes to its All-Star balloting procedures that will give players and members of the basketball media a say, alongside fans, in voting for All-Star starters.

Fans will continue to account for 50 percent of the vote total for All-Star starters, with players and a panel of media members accounting for 25 percent each.

Crazy how the 76ers have Embiid/Okafor/Noel...

Embiid/Okafor can't share the floor together and Noel is the odd man out. Only given is Embiid, but there are always going to be the underlying questions about his health.

What's the solution here? Obviously Noel is gonna be gone at some point...but what about the Embiid/Okafor pairing?

Terrible pairing. Unless you have someone like Ibaka paired next to Okafor, he's better served off the bench.

Okafor going to have to play the Kanter role.

****** got mad me saying he's going to be a 6th man last year.

You can't have low post scorers with no rim protection/ability to switch as your franchise or even 2nd option in today's NBA.

He's not dynamic enough a scorer to make everything else worth it.

Going up against second units would highlight his value because he should turn unto an effecient volume scorer.

They just gave Ian Mahinmi $64 Million and Gortat has 2 more years left on his deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom