Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you can tell basketball isn't Westbrooks first love.

Well Westbrook himself said he grew up playing football, and he was a football player first.

When I watch him play it still bleeds out to me.

And I do agree that motor is a talent. He's for sure talented. This was just in reference to him being a top 10 talent ever possibly.

Shoe king seems all over the place but I get some of the points he's making

I don't think how he's making some of those points make any sense though

First love? Lebby isn't a groundbreaking talent? Kobe had raw ability but Lebby didn't? Lot of greats didn't love basketball first I'm not sure why that is relavent

I don't know man. When I think of raw basketball talent. I think of Cp3 Nash Kobe Jordan Duncan . Players who will still be very good basketball players in old age.
.I didn't think he would before but I now think I was wrong on lj. Think his basketball intelligence will keep him effective as he continues aging.

Maybe Russ will be like that and I could be wrong but I don't think Russ will be very good as he ages.

Like I think Westbrook could've played football or been an Olympic type athlete if he never picked up a ball.

Last edited:
Lebron is INCREDIBLY skilled. The only real hole he's ever had in his game was being a consistent deep threat (and maybe being a so-so FT shooter). Basketball IQ, court vision, offensive and defensive awareness, are all off the charts. His handle isn't pretty but it's effective. It gets him anywhere he wants to go...he's just not going to break guys down like a KD or Harden. 

No doubt, I agree with all of this.

He obviously is an all world, passer. Legendary vision. Goat IQ.

But other than passing, and defense (when he was at his peak, not so much so now) his offensive arsenal doesn't jump off the page to me

Doesn't mean he isn't talented, he just isn't as talented naturally as a harden or Durant.

Dwyane Wade is 42 years old and is still one of the best PNR players in the league. Westbrook can make the adjustment once his otherworldly athleticism declines to human levels.

I'm not sure why it matters what 32 year old Russ looks like in 2016

I don't know how you can tell basketball isn't Westbrooks first love.

Well Westbrook himself said he grew up playing football, and he was a football player first.

When I watch him play it still bleeds out to me.

And I do agree that motor is a talent. He's for sure talented. This was just in reference to him being a top 10 talent ever possibly.

He definitely plays like a running back :lol:

and yet....

raw athletic talent and raw basketball talent are two totally different things. Like Amare to Duncan.

Raw basketball ability last longer then raw athletic abilities.
skill is one thing.. raw athletic ability is another thing.. both are extremely important if you want to succeed

no idea what you are trying to say about amare, but without his athleticism he is no where near the player he was at his peak

and while Duncan wasn't the greatest athlete in the league (compared to others in the NBA) dude has great size to go along with his tremendous skill

you're having the conversation with the wrong person.. I never attributed attributes to anyone, other than saying:

2 of the most athletic dudes ever in the league.. not at their positions.. in the whole damn league EVER

Last edited:
You trying to get your point across to a Russ hater whatever you do will not get through
laugh.gif
He doesn't do it often enough to say he has a post game.  

Just rate players accordingly and I won't be so critical.

Last edited:
You trying to get your point across to a Russ hater whatever you do will not get through
laugh.gif
don't even know what point I was trying to get across other than showing it does in fact exist.. was literally just responding to this:

I was told Westbrook has a post game.

Please someone educate me on this, because if it's not a fast break, cut to the lane, or pull up jumper, Westbrook isn't scoring.
if I really wanted to be a smart@**@, I could bring up russy averaging over 10 free throws per game (since his scoring his limited to very very VERY specific things, apparently)

Lol I'm sure being a relentless driver to the basket gets you more opportunities at the FT line, that's not saying much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom