Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think he can get by people consistently. UCLA doesn't run PNR so it's hard to judge but I don't know if he's got the necessary craft to be a big, slow PG. We will see

Bam switched out on him 3x and son wasn't going anywhere
Exactly. ****** think I'm crazy when I say I don't think he has that ability

There's a reason why he shoots that far and it ain't cause he wants to

Dudes think because he can jump high that that means he's an elite athlete. I'm not buying. We'll see.

I caught like 4 chino Hills game last year
who ever take him over Fox, Fultz or Dennis will be fired within 3 years after. 

I'm not. YOU ARE.

John Wall goes hard night in and night out. He wears his emotions on his sleeves just like Westbrook. You're just choosing not to acknowledge it. Wall pretty much goes 100 mph on a nightly basis...dives for loose balls...chase down blocks...attacks the rim. I guess because he's not giving you the same theatrics by having aneurysms and cussing out the air after every bucket it's received differently.

A guy that's "unhappy" with his situation...yet he's putting up his best season to date.

I don't get the selective biases NT has some times.

Didn't say he wasn't talented or not playing hard. The Wiz are 10-14 and the East is AWFUL. The whole team is unhappy. If you think he's being a great leader, cool.

Compare him to Russell all you want but Russ isn't doing the petty stuff Wall's been doing and his team with similar talent is a lot better in a tougher conference.

What I'm seeing from him as a leader isn't what I want from leaders. Off the court and on the court.

Wall's 10-14 in a weak East and hes out here complaining about not being on national TV, not making all NBA, not getting paid enough :lol:

He needs to worry about only being 3 games up on the Lin-less Nets

Wizards only have 3 good players tho ( gortat is solid n oubre is up n coming ) , only so much he Wall can do

Wall's 10-14 in a weak East and hes out here complaining about not being on national TV, not making all NBA, not getting paid enough
laugh.gif

You acting like damn near 90% of the east aren't all within a few games of each other. The 3rd seed has 4 more wins than the Wizards 
ohwell.gif

Wiz have like the worst bench in the NBA. Gortat aired them out. I'm no sure how you can blame Wall Street or his leadership abilities.

Wall's 10-14 in a weak East and hes out here complaining about not being on national TV, not making all NBA, not getting paid enough :lol:

John Wall isn't 10-14, the wizards are.

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if both the Wizards and Thunder didn't make the playoffs

One of, if not the greatest athlete ever? Sure. Definitely.

Talented though? IMO definitely not. He's not a good shooter, doesn't handle the ball all that great, okay finisher, awful defender, etc really good playmaker...

That's not to like to demean how great he is, in fact it should only make what he's doing even more astounding. But from a pure talent standpoint, I don't see top 10 talent. He has an all time motor though.

It takes a special kinda character to be a leader of a NBA franchise. I just don't think Wall or Cousins have those characteristics. Great players, but I think they need someone else (whether its a coach or another player) to feed off of and look up to in that regard. That's why I don't even see them having a lot of success even if they joined forces.

Wall/Boogie had one of the most hype teams in NCAA and couldn't even make it to the Final 4.

Westbrook is the same. He's a great player with alpha dog character. But, being an alpha dog doesn't necessarily make you a "great" leader. Its just that you have the characteristics of not being a follower.

Agree 100%

Especially about Westbrook. Sometimes him being so Alpha is a detriment to his own success.

One of, if not the greatest athlete ever? Sure. Definitely.

Talented though? IMO definitely not. He's not a good shooter, doesn't handle the ball all that great, okay finisher, awful defender, etc really good playmaker...

That's not to like to demean how great he is, in fact it should only make what he's doing even more astounding. But from a pure talent standpoint, I don't see top 10 talent. He has an all time motor though.
That's a fair point. 

I consider athleticism a talent tho. And though there are holes in game when you go down the list of attributes...his strengths outweigh his weaknesses IMO. 

That's a fair point. 

I consider athleticism a talent tho. And though there are holes in game when you go down the list of attributes...his strengths outweigh his weaknesses IMO. 

Absolutely. His strengths are why he's 30 10 and 10 despite his holes in his game and he's w/o a doubt an all time great player.

The fact that he can avg 30/10/10 with such glaring holes speaks volumes to how good he really is.

But I don't look at him say wow he's a groundbreaking talent. To a lesser degree, I would say the same about Lebron James as well.

Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving offensively, peak Kobe, Porzingis, when I think of great talents those guys come to mind. Guys who are just flat gifted with raw ability.

Like you can tell Basketball wasn't Westbrook's first love. You can tell Kyrie naturally was gifted as a basketball player. That's pure talent to me

Absolutely. His strengths are why he's 30 10 and 10 despite his holes in his game and he's w/o a doubt an all time great player.

The fact that he can avg 30/10/10 with such glaring holes speaks volumes to how good he really is.

But I don't look at him say wow he's a groundbreaking talent. To a lesser degree, I would say the same about Lebron James as well.

Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving offensively, peak Kobe, Porzingis, when I think of great talents those guys come to mind. Guys who are just flat gifted with raw ability.

Like you can tell Basketball wasn't Westbrook's first love. You can tell Kyrie naturally was gifted as a basketball player. That's pure talent to me
Damn. Good post G. I agree with everything you stated.

Russ reminds me of Lebron with no chill and a lower basketball iq.

That's a fair point. 

I don't know how you can tell basketball isn't Westbrooks first love.

Lebron is INCREDIBLY skilled. The only real hole he's ever had in his game was being a consistent deep threat (and maybe being a so-so FT shooter). Basketball IQ, court vision, offensive and defensive awareness, are all off the charts. His handle isn't pretty but it's effective. It gets him anywhere he wants to go...he's just not going to break guys down like a KD or Harden. 

Last edited:
I was told Westbrook has a post game.

Please someone educate me on this, because if it's not a fast break, cut to the lane, or pull up jumper, Westbrook isn't scoring.

I was told Westbrook has a post game.

Please someone educate me on this, because if it's not a fast break, cut to the lane, or pull up jumper, Westbrook isn't scoring.

I mean he averages 30. He's putting pressure on the defense for the entire game. Him posting up isn't going to result in some dream shakes, but either you have to foul or double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom