Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph can be extremely careless with the ball and doesn't know how to play with pace.

He's not even the best playmaker on his own team.

The best shooter I ever seen and his ability to create his own shot off the dribble at such difficulty is crazy. But, he's not an A-1 floor general.

Last edited:
Steph doesn't over dribble and can make every pass cp3 can

uh no

stephs passing is pretty garbage at times

lets not forget his signature behind the back passes that always results in a turnover

That doesn't mean he can't make the basic and or correct plays. He'a loose with the ball at times but that's just how he plays. Him turning over the ball is the same thing as Chris Paul throwing you a pass with one second left on the shot clock.

There isn't a play CP3 can make that Steph can't.

I'm still appalled by Derozan's start.

He's shutting up all of the analytic gawds. He's making the worst shot in basketball so efficiently and its nothing nobody can do about it
laugh.gif

I fully expect OKB's brain to blow up if he somehow does this for an entire year (even though it has to be impossible).
I love stuff like this. You know it won't keep happening, but it would be pretty cool if it did. Or if he manages to pull it off for a full season and then drops back down to earth next and it was just a bizarro stretch of play.

Steph can be extremely careless with the ball and doesn't know how to play with pace.

False.
You have to account for him in semi transition at all times. How many times have you seen two guys run to Steph it opens up a play for someone else.
You have to double him in pick and rolls which leads to scoring opportunities for others.
He has great court vision.

Making plays is so much more than passing to a teammate. Forget being a floor general

You do realize the Blazers knocked the Clippers out in the first round just this past year, right?

You do realize that this is a kitchen statement right?

:lol:

Clips were up 2-1 in the series and CP3 had held Lillard to 36% shooting when CP3 broke his hand and missed the rest of the series. In 14 regular season games, Lillard has shot 37% against CP3 and his team is 3-11 in those games. CP3 consistently sons him.

Paul defends better than Steph. That's really about it. Steph doesn't over dribble and can make every pass cp3 can. Steph's gravity outweighs everything

Give me Steph
I'm still trying to figure out what a pure PG is :lol:

Is it a PG who is forced to pass because he can't give me 25+ ppg on 60%TS within the flow of the offense?

Last edited:

The best shooter I ever seen and his ability to create his own shot off the dribble at such difficulty is crazy. But, he's not an A-1 floor general.
I vividly remember Chris Paul literally throwing the Thunder series away.

Steph has had higher usage than Paul for the last several years & their TO rates are almost identical.

Last edited:

I vividly remember Chris Paul literally throwing the Thunder series away.

Steph has had higher usage than Paul for the last several years & their TO rates are almost identical.

He threw game 7 against the Rockets too trying to be a floor general in the 1st quarter

Weren't people here defending that Beal contract and saying he was worth it...

Boston didn't need Horford and he doesn't make them a better team.

Portland same with turner.

Lakers I don't mind the Mozgov deal now. I like him but that Deng deal was unnecessary . I hate Deng.

No...he got market value, but most folks who were discussing the contract here on NT talked about the risks involved.

CP3 is consistently at the top of the league in assist to turnover ratio. Top 3 in the last 5 years and probably more consecutive seasons if I go back further. He's been #1 in 3 of those years if I'm not mistaken.

His career assist to turnover ratio is 4.1 compared to Steph's 2.1. This is higher than any other PG in league history.

2014–15: 70.1 passes made per game, to only 1.41 bad-pass turnovers per game. 5,749 total passes with only 116 bad-pass giveaways.
2015–16: 61.9 passes made per game, to only 1.36 bad-pass turnovers per game. 4,579 total passes with only 101 bad-pass giveaways.

Let's not even talk about his differential when he's off the court compared to when he's on and how efficiently the offense is ran because of him.

He's not the shooter of a Curry, but his career numbers are really good from all over the floor -

0–3 feet: 61.0 percent
3–10 feet: 48.8 percent
10–16 feet: 47.3 percent
16 feet extended to perimeter: 45.1 percent
Three-point range: 36.5 percent
Free throws: 86.4 percent

Outside of 3 point range, the other splits are quite similar to Steph's.

I can keep going and going, but I think he has so many different aspects of his game that's overlooked in a scoring PG's league. Not to mention he's doing all of this at 6' :lol: You can call out some of the down times in his career when he didn't do well, but that doesn't make him any less of a player.

Last edited:
Brad Billionaire bka Brad Heal :pimp:

I like his game when he's good and when he's healthy. Which means I like him for about 26 games a year

:lol:

Clips were up 2-1 in the series and CP3 had held Lillard to 36% shooting when CP3 broke his hand and missed the rest of the series. In 14 regular season games, Lillard has shot 37% against CP3 and his team is 3-11 in those games. CP3 consistently sons him.

Every time.

Anybody who has watched any Blazers/Clippers matchups knows this.

Last edited:
Wonder how many more top-5-at-their-position players Chris Paul needs to take that next step.

Maybe 2016-2017 will finally be it!

Last edited:
Magic averaged 4 turnovers a game, therefore, I don't care that much about TOs. All the great playmakers take risks. Magic, Lebron, Nash, Harden.....

Last edited:
Magic averaged 4 turnovers a game, therefore, I don't care that much about TOs. All the great playmakers take risks. Magic, Lebron, Nash, Harden.....

That's true, most of those guys have a higher assist % compared to their turnover % than Curry too.

Chris Paul is the best among the greatest in differential, then you have guys like Stockton, Westbrook, Nash, Magic, Isiah, Rondo, Kidd following who are all higher than Curry.

But again, Currys impact can't be measured by raw assist numbers. You can't account for his hockey assists.

If Steph runs to the corner for a 3 in transition and the defense runs to him, draymond dunks the ball bit Steph doesn't get an assist.

I think CP3 is great but he lost some points with me that rockets series. I wonder if big j 33 big j 33 still has the website with live box scores. Basically Chris decided to get aggressive after the rockets already punched the team in the face. At that point you gotta scrap this pure PG and be the all time great you're supposed to be; 6 feet tall or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom