Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knew doc was an even bigger **** boy when I saw an interview where they asked him if trump cheated at golf and he said he couldn't say because he might be the next president. This was at the beginning of his campaign. Dude probably wishes sterling was still his boss
Dudes who have no back-bone
mean.gif

It "works"? This ain't no muh fuggin 02' Accord bruh, we're talking about our country here.
mean.gif
I laughed when I got to this part.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bradley Beal, oh boy.
mean.gif

I'd still rather have him giving me 50 games a year than that albatross of a contract Evan Turner got with a team he doesn't fit with.

Weren't people here defending that Beal contract and saying he was worth it...

Boston didn't need Horford and he doesn't make them a better team.

Portland same with turner.

Lakers I don't mind the Mozgov deal now. I like him but that Deng deal was unnecessary . I hate Deng.

Last edited:
Charlotte looks like a juggernaut wth
Still early but I didn't see this type of start from them. Steve Clifford has always had them playing top 10 defense the past few seasons. Big Al was a threat but the ball stuck when he got it and was a liability on the defensive side of the ball.

Weren't people here defending that Beal contract and saying he was worth it...
Injury prone or not, that was his market value.

He was going to get paid from SOMEBODY, and Washington was unwilling to trade him during the season for several reasons.

Last edited:

He was going to get paid from SOMEBODY, and Washington was unwilling to trade him during the season for several reasons.
lot of dumb organizations, of course someone was going to pay him don't mean he's worth it or it's a good deal.
Want him on your favorite team?

Last edited:
Charlotte looks like a juggernaut wth
Don't have to give Al Jeff 23 mins a game anymore + MKG returns = Absolutely stifling defense from a team that was already top 10 on that end last year.

Offense is pedestrian, I wonder how they'll score if/when Kemba's 3 ball regresses to the mean, but they'll be very competitive all year thanks to that defense.

Last edited:

lot of dumb organizations, of course someone was going to pay him don't mean he's worth it or it's a good deal..
Want him on your favorite team?
Soooooo what would you have done?

Trade him? For who? Several teams had cap space at the time to just sign him outright & the teams that didn't would have to give up pieces of their core to make the salary work & that's not happening.

Let him walk for nothing? After spending a top 3 pick on him & he blossoms into a fringe all star?

Last edited:
Traded him. For anything of value they could've gotten.
They knew Wall didn't like him. Sorry but if that was my favorite team I wouldn't have wanted to sign him to a huge deal. Fringe all star? Has he made one and it's not like a situation where Harrison Barnes was in with stacked talent where he hadn't had a chance to try and prove himself.
Wall needs some real help.
I guess try to move him now.

Last edited:
Traded him. For anything of value they could've gotten.
Trade a former #3 pick, now fringe all-star, for just anything? :lol:

The cap was exploding, so tons of teams had space to just sign him straight up, and the capped-out teams would've had to move core pieces.

The trade offers would've been abysmal. Terrible idea.

The cap was exploding, so tons of teams had space to just sign him straight up, and the capped-out teams would've had to move core pieces.

no better idea is to give someone who is Always injured a 100 plus mil right.
Beal ain't no all star. Like I said if the Wiz were my favorite team don't care what other teams would pay for him or where he was picked wouldn't want him. Just like I wouldn't have wanted the Lakers to go after him.
Same for Lakers wanting Melo for 130 when he was a free agent. Not worth it imo, doesn't matter who would've gave that to him. Smart teams make smart choices.
Not worth it don't care what anyone said or thought.
We just see things differently . cool.

Last edited:
Don't have to give Al Jeff 23 mins a game anymore + MKG returns = Absolutely stifling defense from a team that was already top 10 on that end last year.

Offense is pedestrian, I wonder how they'll score if/when Kemba's 3 ball regresses to the mean, but they'll be very competitive all year thanks to that defense.
Bingo

Only issue they have is who can get a go to bucket if Kembas having an off night.

no better idea is to give someone who is Always injured a 100 plus mil right.
Beal ain't no all star.
Better idea than moving your #3 pick for a 2nd rounder or something :lol: its not like they were signing Durant with that cap space.

Avg'd 23/5/5 in the playoffs at 21 years old & showed improvement each year up to that point. He was a FRINGE all star like I said.

Last edited:
When you have an all star franchise player, you have to field a team as competitive as possible.

So with Washington, it obviously wasn't ideal to give Beal a max, but there really wasn't an alternative. They were not going to replace Beal with anyone comparable, so they had to do it.

The gamble is that he's young, talented, and you invested a lot in him. Plus you can't replace his value even if you wanted to, injuries or not.

His max wasn't as large, but when Utah maxed G Hayward and ppl were questioning it I said the same thing. You can't just up and let your players walk when you aren't huge players in free agency.

Steve Clifford is Brad Stevens without the hype.

Pretty much.

Just cause he's a ugly bald dude, nobody wants to give him respect for what he's been doing in CHA.

He and Rich Cho undoing all of MJ sins.

Last edited:
When you have an all star franchise player, you have to field a team as competitive as possible.

So with Washington, it obviously wasn't ideal to give Beal a max, but there really wasn't an alternative. They were not going to replace Beal with anyone comparable, so they had to do it.

The gamble is that he's young, talented, and you invested a lot in him. Plus you can't replace his value even if you wanted to, injuries or not.

His max wasn't as large, but when Utah maxed G Hayward and ppl were questioning it I said the same thing. You can't just up and let your players walk when you aren't huge players in free agency.
when your Allstar franchise player don't even like him, you still think that's a smart thing to do?

Last edited:
Bradley Beal is exactly the type of player that the Sixers need to trade for. As long as we can get him without giving up much of anything. Buy as low as we can on him and hope he can live up to his contract spacing out the floor for Simmons and Embiid. We have all the cap space on the planet and the only two current players that are going to be worth resigning for any decent amount of money are both rookies so Beal's contract won't even matter by then.

when your Allstar franchise player don't even like him, you still think that's a smart thing to do?

Yeah, there's no other alternative.

And it seems like the beef between them two has been overstated a bit to begin with. Management would have broken them up if it was really that bad.

All about being as competitive as possible and Washington without Bradley is not that. Plus you're betting on his Youth. It's really tough to give up on a promising young player who is so vital to what you do, especially when you can't replace him. Factor in what his market value was, and Washington did what they had to do.

Chris Paul has a PER of 34 :x

Dudes are putting up crazy numbers across the league...and he's quietly getting his 20 & 10....efficiently with a lot of steals in the process.

So low key about it. Dude is too good man. Wow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom