Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of the mind that from chaos comes order. I can't wait to see the **** show. I'd rather us take the fast track to a revolution than continue to be jerked off for the next 4-8 years with a false hope that we can enact "change" through the same system that was bankrolled on your dead ancestors.  I always laughed at you ****** with your faux patriotism. ****** really act like that "american dream" included us. Their dream is your nightmare.

Right on dude. I always said the silver lining to trump is that he could mess this system up so bad that it'll force actual change instead of the same old same song and dance every single election. The system that allowed this in the first place. One step backwards 2 steps forward. The 2 party system driven by the media telling everyone what to do needs to die. Think for yourselves.

Last edited:
Change only comes on the heels of blood shed, true change that is.

Perhaps trump can be the fire that lights that kind of spirit within those that are disenfranchised and on the outskirts of the political arena.

I'm looking forward to the media circus that's sure to take place when Bron or Steph/KD skip out on the 2017 White House visit 
laugh.gif

Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy had zero interest this morning in talking about his team's basketball game against the Phoenix Suns (9 p.m., Fox Sports Detroit).

Instead, he unleashed a five-minute diatribe against voters and their decision to elect Republican nominee and billionaire business mogul Donald Trump the next president of the United States.

"I've had candidates that I didn't vote for lose and stuff like that, but it's never ... it's just one of those things where you move on," Van Gundy said. "I didn't vote for (George W.) Bush, but he was a good, honorable man with whom I had political differences, so I didn't vote for him.

"But, for our country to be where we are now, who took a guy who - I don't care what anyone says, I'm sure they have other reasons and maybe good reasons for voting for Donald Trump - but I don't think anybody can deny this guy is openly and brazenly racist and mysoginist and ethnic-centric, and say 'That's OK with us, we're going to vote for him anyway.' We have just thrown a good part of our population under the bus."

And this thoughts were apparently echoed by a good chunk of his team, which he described as quiet on the bus ride from the team hotel to Talking Stick Resort Arena for morning shootaround.

Trump, in one of the biggest upsets in modern U.S. political history, surpassed the 270 electoral votes necessary early Wednesday by claiming the battleground states of Florida, Ohio, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.

"I thought, 'Well, maybe the game the other night.' And so we talked about that," Van Gundy said. "But then Aron Baynes said, 'I don't think that's why everybody's quiet. It's last night.'

"It's just, we have said - and my daughters, the three of them - our society has said, 'No, we think you should be second-class citizens. We want you to be second-class citizens.' And we embrace a guy who is openly mysogonist as a our leader. I don't know how we get past that."

Van Gundy called Trump's words toward minorities, especially African-Americans, Latinos and women, "despicable" and said he's having a hard time digesting the election results. Trump beat former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the electoral vote, 290-228, but trailed in the popular vote.

Detroit had an off-day Tuesday after dropping a 114-82 game to the Clippers Monday in Los Angeles.

"This isn't your normal candidate. I don't know even know if I have political differences with him. I don't even know what his politics," Van Gundy said. "I don't know, other than to build a wall and 'I hate people of color,' and women are to be treated as sex objects and as servants to men. I don't know how you get past that. I don't know how you walk into the booth and vote for that.

"I understand problems with the economy. I understand all the problems with Hillary Clinton, I do. But certain things in our country should disqualify you."

Van Gundy, known for his candor and outspoken beliefs, is no stranger to politics. During his tenure in Orlando, he campaigned for a tax hike to support schools in Seminole County, and his wife is on the board of trustees at Stetson University.

"We presume to tell other countries about human rights abuses and everything else," Van Gundy said. "We better never do that again, when our leaders talk to China or anybody else about human rights abuses. We just elected an openly brazen, misogynist leader and we should keep our mouths shut and realize that we need to be learning maybe from the rest of the world, because we don't got anything to teach anybody."

He took aim at evangelical conservatives too, calling them hypocritical for espousing Christian beliefs yet voting for Trump by a four to one margin, according to exit-poll data from the Washington Post.

"I'm not a religious guy, but what the hell Bible are they reading? I'm dead serious," Van Gundy said. "What Bible are you reading? And you're supposed to be — it's different. There are a lot of different groups we can be upset at. But you're Christians. You're supposed to be — at least you pride yourself on being the moral compass of our society. And you said, 'Yeah, the guy can talk about women like that. I'm fine with that.' He can disparage every ethnic group, and I'm fine with that.

"It's embarrassing. I have been ashamed of a lot of things that have happened in this country, but I can't say I've ever been ashamed of our country until today. Until today. We all have to find our way to move forward, but that was - and I'm not even trying to make a political statement. To me, that's beyond politics. You don't get to come out and talk about people like that, and then lead our country and have millions of Americans embrace you. I'm having a hard time being with people. I'm going to walk into this arena tonight and realize that - especially in this state - most of these people voted for the guy. Like, ****, I don't have any respect for that. I don't."

http://bit.ly/2fDkKLM

Last edited:
I'm going to walk into this arena tonight and realize that -- especially in this state -- most of these people voted for the guy. Like, (expletive), I don't have any respect for that. I don't."

Real.

I bet a lot of athletes and coaches will probably feel like that. Imagine how celebrated Lebron is in Cleveland only for him to know the majority of his fans probably don't respect him as a human being. Basically, just looks at him as a piece of meat that they can cheer for. Sad

Last edited:
Real.

I bet a lot of athletes and coaches will probably feel like that. Imagine how celebrated Lebron is in Cleveland only for him to know the majority of his fans probably doesn't respect him as a human being. Basically, just looks at him as a piece of meat that they can cheer for. Sad

Absolutely, this is inherently the problem with sports fans specifically.

Also part of the reason Malice At The Palace happened, they don't look at these guys as men who are exceptional athletes but just figures who they can live vicariously through when it's convenient for them and it gives them a reason to celebrate their city or state.

Look at how many people in Cleveland said a bunch of racist **** about Lebron when he left, same in Oklahoma for KD.

Both states that voted for Trump.

Last edited:
My guy Stan van always keeping it a 100 :pimp: ...tried to tell ppl that election talkin is gonna be involved in EVERY convo for a lil min,the players n everybody else is talking about his debacle ...alotta ppl feeling some type of way bout this ,got the same quiet weird, sad vibes I have in my office as on an NBA bus/shoot around

Last edited:
Real.

I bet a lot of athletes and coaches will probably feel like that. Imagine how celebrated Lebron is in Cleveland only for him to know the majority of his fans probably doesn't respect him as a human being. Basically, just looks at him as a piece of meat that they can cheer for. Sad

Absolutely, this is inherently the problem with sports fans specifically.

Also part of the reason Malice At The Palace happened, they don't look at these guys as men who are exceptional athletes but just figures who they can live vicariously through when it's convenient for them and it gives them a reason to celebrate their city or state.

Look at how many people in Cleveland said a bunch of racist **** about Lebron when he left, same in Oklahoma for KD.

Both states that voted for Trump.
Ive said it before but the fans is one of the main reason I been lookin at the NFL funny...they just getting worse n more racist it seems ...while rooting for brovas on their team to run around and entertain them

Not all NBA fans are great but I'll take em any n every day over most sports

dont have an issue with what you said but awesome is right . I can never say im proud of my country . Im an American citizen but feel like an outsider. I dont and have never had an ounce of pride for my country. im Mexican , this country is for the white man.
The irony being you being Mexican and from California....makes you likely indigenous to this land...

Smh
exactly 

Last edited:
As always the comment section is :smh:

I used to think the comment section on these sites were mostly trolls....and represented a smaller faction of white Americans. Boy was I wrong.

I was eating lunch at work today....and this unassuming quiet white dude sat at the table next to me. He was quietly enjoying his lunch until his loud "independent voting" co-worker walked over and joined him and said..."Your boy Trump won"!

He looked mad uncomfortable around me and was trying to talk in a lower tone....but his coworker was a loud mouth and kept wanting to talk about Trumps victory. I just sat there for a few minutes and listened to the loud dude talk about how unlikely it was that trump won....while the quiet trump supporter tried to change the subject.

Luckily, my lunch break was about to be over.

Stan Van always been the realest. Salute to that man.
alotta ppl feeling some type of way bout this ,got the same quiet weird, sad vibes I have in my office as on an NBA bus/shoot around
Fam I was just telling my folks in this group chat like 1 hour ago that I've NEVER seen the office like this before. I used those exact words too..."weird vibes". The atmosphere was a whole lot different and definitely much more quiet today. I'd say it was a lot more somber this morning, but there's gotta be a few of these fools putting on their best poker face and not trying to gloat.

tired.gif

Yup weird vibes all in the office

You really see what types of folks you're surrounded by

This a crazy time to be alive.. dare I say we on a powder keg? A lot of people on the edge who've been held down their whole lives

If anything remotely controversial takes place from the new president best believe stuff will pop

Last edited:
Yup weird vibes all in the office

You really see what types of folks you're surrounded by

This a crazy time to be alive

It's such a depressing feel all around and this is in LA. I was at work last night when it became evident he was going to win and everyone was just in shock and like how could we let this happen? Took all the wind out of the sails of trees being legalized for recreational use.

I don't know if its the floor I'm on or what, but I haven't heard anything. Definitely weird vibes, though. Quiet and a lot of unsteady looks when walking by people. Its kinda easy to tell who voted for who just by how they're acting when I walk by.

My boss is a white male, but we talk about race and politics all the time. Very down to earth dude and probably more of a friend than a boss to me. We pretty much shared the same sentiments today.

Went to the library before class today to get some work done. There's usually people socializing, groups working on projects, etc.

Today it was silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom