Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knicks would get a fantastic return on Melo...on top of it all, the offense should be going through Porzingis.

Don't wanna talk too much politics in S&T but I just want to say last night was the first time I was truly ashamed of our country. 60 million people voted for that man.

Good win bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 how did Parsons look? Didn't watch any bball yesterday because of____

It took this for the first time for you to be truly ashamed of America? :lol:

Soon as I posted this I knew you would be the one to do this...

"Get off my **** b"

Knicks would get a fantastic return on Melo...on top of it all, the offense should be going through Porzingis.

You think so? Maybe 2 years ago, but I'm not sure how much a team would be willing to give up for him. At least a team he's willing to waive his no-trade clause for. Would Boston give up the assets to bring in a star player like Melo? They may be better off waiting to see what the market has in store next offseason.

What suitors are out there?

I don't think we'd get a great return on Melo.

Best case scenario I think we'd be able to get a lottery pick in the 5-10 range but he's not waiving his NTC to go to another rebuilding project.

Wade finally opened up about leaving Miami

Wade spent the entire Summer playing down any and all accusations about the rift between he and Heat president Pat Riley, exclaiming how happy he was to be in Chicago -- however, fast-forward to Tuesday, and he finally broke the silence to CSN Chicago's Vincent Goodwill:
I thought it was an opportunity I would be there forever, but s--- happens ... And when s--- happens, you gotta be prepared to (move on). I found out very quickly that this is a business.

When asked to elaborate on how he made financial sacrifices so that the Heat could open up salary cap space for Chris Bosh and LeBron James to form the original 'Big 3', Wade said:

The biggest thing, is all about the way you communicate. I understand this business just as good as anybody. But it's a way, someone like me, a way you communicate what you're trying to do, and how you're gonna do it and what it looks like for me.

That's it. When you get respect, that's what you get back ... I've given nothing but respect. I feel like a lot of things in this world and this league are mishandled from the notion of communication. That's it.

At the end of the day, I talked to those guys and I told them, 'It's free agency. I understand y'all have a job to do, and I have a job to do as well.' I let it be known I was going to be a free agent and I wasn't waiting by the phone for them to call me.”

On Hassan Whiteside receiving a max deal from the Heat:

And I did my homework because I understand Hassan was a priority, which he should've been ... I understood that they were trying to go out and get KD, because that's something they wanted to do. But I had to look out for myself and put myself in a situation that I wanted to be in, if things didn't work out the way I wanted them to work out and they didn't.

You do things because you want to do them. All those things I did to stay in Miami was because I wanted to do them ... When I made the sacrifice, when I could've gotten $127 million and I took $110 million to make sure LeBron and Chris (come) but I also have UD (Haslem) stay, those were things I wanted to do. I didn't want to be in Miami and enjoy the success and not have UD there.”

Wade then cited LeBron's departure back to Cleveland as the turning point:

That's when things started changing ... They decided to max out Chris, which I was all for. And then it became a situation with me from that standpoint and I wasn't happy with it. I ain't gonna say, oh, I was happy go lucky ... Then I opted out again and the next year I signed the one-year, $20 million deal because I never made $20 million in a season. I wanted multiple years, they wanted to be players in free agency, I understand that.

It might've been different. I don't know. It could've been. It never happened ... It's hard to say because it never happened. I was never put in that position, and I wasn't the first option. I'm not sensitive to say, ‘If I'm not the first option, I'm leaving.

And on Wade's current relationship with the Miami Heat front office:

I've kept in touch from everybody there besides Pat. From the owners on down ... It's nothing but respect, and I have no hard feelings. I understand what Pat is, he's a competitor. I've been knowing him for 13 years so I expect no different. People might not believe me, but I have no hard feelings toward Pat. Everything happened the way it was supposed to happen, everything happens for a reason, so I'm fine.

Life is too short to be holding grudges. At the end of the day, Pat has helped me become a very rich man ... Me and Pat have won championships together. We've both helped each other’s legacies. I love that guy. I know how he is. He's stubborn just like I am.

Celtics or Clippers are realistic suitors imo.

I'd take Avery, Crowder, and a pick. Unless they want to get rid of that Nets pick :evil:

Last edited:
Hard to see him fitting in with LAC. Even then, LAC doesn't have anything NY would want (realistically).

They not going to ruin their spacing and give up JJ. Once they are able to trade Jamal Crawford, that's not going to be enough to lure Melo. Just not enough assets to 1) make salaries match and 2) even entice the Knicks

Celtics are the best suitor, but it all depends on if they see Melo fitting in their system. Even then, they not giving up too much to get him.

Soon as I posted this I knew you would be the one to do this...

"Get off my **** b"
:lol:

Nice try.

Ain't nobody on nothing, just calling out idiotic posts like usual.

You're legit living in the dark if you believe what you said.

Nah, everybody knows your shtick. Nobody else had an issue with what I said but I knew you were gonna come in with something like this. And you always try tonbe slick with the insults too, keep throwing shots and get banned again :lol:

Send me PM's if you have problems. Don't ruin the NBA thread.

Last edited:
Nah, everybody knows your shtick. Nobody else had an issue with what I said but I knew you were gonna come in with something like this. And you always try tonbe slick with the insults too, keep throwing shots and get banned again :lol:

Send me PM's if you have problems. Don't ruin the NBA thread.

You getting all up in arms talking about "shticks" and you knew I would say something.

That means you knew it was stupid and I would call you on it, that's my "shtick".

You just said this was the first time you were ashamed of America, a country built on slavery, segregation, sexism, militarization, the prison industrial complex and consumerism.

A country that spies on its citizens, used terrorism as a means to further their own agenda and has done countless other extremely vile things.

But Trump is the deal breaker for you, if you don't see how that's ignorant than idk what to tell you.

& thanks for the offer but I have no interest in having a private conversation with you. I don't have no problems with you because I don't know you, I just thought what you said was woefully misinformed.

I'm disgusted by Trump too but he's just 1 chapter in w long history of foul **** this country has done.

This thread is going to have political talk just like every other one at least for a couple days, it just is what it is.

:lol:

giphy.gif

I'm sure the Clippers want to trade Blake Griffin for a guy who's 5 years older and not as good.

I meant in my lifetime, man. Trust me, I've analyzed America's history more han you have. I am not proud of it.

In what world do you trade arguably the best PF in the game entering his prime for Melo? :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom