Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hood always had the tools since Duke but he's putting it all together now.

Utah is becoming a scary team in the West now that they have a legitimate PG in George Hill.

I'd like them to upset GSW as a lower ranked seed in the playoffs, they match up perfectly with them.

George Hill is off to a blistering start this year. If he can average 15 & 5....and shoot it decent from 3....Utah becomes a tough out come playoff time.

What is Rodney Hood's potential? He seems to be developing nicely as a player...and nobody is talking about him....

I've only watched one of their games this season, so I'm not sure how much he has improved defensively. But last year, I considered him a little less than serviceable on defense. Offensively, I love his game. He's getting better off the dribble and can create space for himself. How has the defense looked this year?

Utah is becoming a scary team in the West now that they have a legitimate PG in George Hill.

I'd like them to upset GSW as a lower ranked seed in the playoffs, they match up perfectly with them.

I'll love to see him them play Golden State. They would absolutely dominate the paint. Hill is a solid defender at PG and could possibly make it tougher on Curry.

The most underrated thing about Utah this year is their bench once Diaw gets healthy. Diaw, Joe and Lyles make quality playoff rotation guys. I have no idea what their backup PG situation looks like between Exum and Mack.

Bucks have maybe the worst defense in the league.

I love Bari but he's an absolute horror movie on defense, he gets torched every game almost.

They paid John Henson all that money to keep the bench warm too.
Stupid. Solid rebounder (he JUST won them a game w/ a tip in :lol: ) and he blocks EVERYTHING. Elite rim protector.

They gotta get Monroe outta there & let he & Plumlee split mins at the 5.

^^^^
Yup, Utah has the guys to go small with them as well.

Exum isn't a PG to me still, I feel bad for him that he really hasn't been able to develop but he's still long and an athlete.

Mack is either on or very off, no in between.

Hood is valuable and could be worthy of a near max extension; Long, athletic, good three point shooter, runs the pick and roll well, decent defender.

Utah is going to pay taxes out the wazoo in another year or two. :x

Edit:

Which is why I think they may have to seriously contemplate trading away Favors.

Last edited:
Stupid. Solid rebounder (he JUST won them a game w/ a tip in :lol: ) and he blocks EVERYTHING. Elite rim protector.

They gotta get Monroe outta there & let he & Plumlee split mins at the 5.

**** makes no sense at all b, he's been one of the best rim protectors for a couple years now but never gets to show it unless everybody gets injured.

He's not an offensive player but now with Delly/Brogdon + Giannis/Bari all doing more, they don't even need that.

Kidd hates him for some reason.

Do they plan to let Favors go? I'm thinking they develop Lyles to the starting PF spot and move off Favors soon before having to pay him a ton of money along with Hayward.

I'll love to have Henson. Still hate the Bucks went after Monroe only to stunt Henson's growth.

Hood is valuable and could be worthy of a near max extension; Long, athletic, good three point shooter, runs the pick and roll well, decent defender.

Utah is going to pay taxes out the wazoo in another year or two. :x

Edit:

Which is why I think they may have to seriously contemplate trading away Favors.

Agreed, I'd rather move forward with Lyles which hurts to say because I've been a Favors apologist since NJ Nets days.

Utah always ends up with too many quality bigs. :lol:

Melo KP & Rose just gave them 74 on 52 shots. How exactly are they beating the Warriors?

It was both Byron and Kobe. It's not either/or.

Lol at the usual suspects not wanting to admit Kobe was detrimental.

Do they plan to let Favors go? I'm thinking they develop Lyles to the starting PF spot and move off Favors soon before having to pay him a ton of money along with Hayward.

I'll love to have Henson. Still hate the Bucks went after Monroe only to stunt Henson's growth.
The Jazz actually have the cap space now to do the re-negotiate and extend that Westbrook and Harden did to either Favors or Hill.

Too bad they don't have a large sample size of Exum to make their decision any easier.

Melo KP & Rose just gave them 74 on 52 shots. How exactly are they beating the Warriors?

Because the Knicks are the Warriors right?

They still lost the game and it was 1 game.

I could say the Warriors got blown out the by Lakers how are they gonna beat the Jazz?

Because the Knicks are the Warriors right?

They still lost the game and it was 1 game.

I could say the Warriors got blown out the by Lakers how are they gonna beat the Jazz?
So, again, how are they gonna do it?

Durant shot 60% against them last year surrounded by lesser players in an inferior offense. Hayward gonna slow him down without help? If not, where is the help coming from?

You can talk about rebounding all you want, it won't mean a thing if Utah is getting outscored substantially from behind the arc.

Last edited:
While I don't think the Jazz can beat the Warriors four times in seven games, I have said since the summer they are the team best eqipped to compete against them. They have the size at every position and can control the pace of a game. I'm probably short changing the Clippers though.

Durant shot 60% against them last year surrounded by lesser players in an inferior offense. Hayward gonna slow him down without help? If not, where is the help coming from?

Durant is going to get his against anybody, that's your argument? :lol:

Jazz have the best rim protection in the league and 3 quality bigs that will destroy GSW inside.

And they also have more than enough perimeter guys to throw at Steph and KD.

They also don't turn the ball over and will out rebound them so they can control pace.

Like I said, they match up very well.

Defense, playing with pace and rebounding are the main tools it will take to beat Golden State.

Slow the game down, keep them from running and limit their possessions.

That's what hurts a team like GSW.

Last edited:
A health Derrick Favors is a problem at the 4.

He's looked out of shape (understandably) to start the season. But he's too good to pass up. He extends his range and quietly improves every year. Pick and pop game is money.

Exum has looked quick and strong the games I've seen. I'm impressed at what he's been able to do with his body. His shot looks better too. Still has a ways to go. But he looks like a solid, versatile price.

Rodney hood has definitely improved defensively. He's about average/above average now. Not a liability.

I don't think this Utah team will be a bottom 2 team. Think they'll win 50 games and fall somewhere between 4-6.

Defense, playing with pace and rebounding are the main tools it will take to beat Golden State.

Slow the game down, keep them from running and limit their possessions.

That's what hurts a team like GSW.

All things that Utah has but they gave up 74 points to the Knicks big 3 so it doesn't matter. :lol:

Durant is going to get his against anybody, that's your argument? :lol:

Jazz have the best rim protection in the league and 3 quality bigs that will destroy GSW inside.

And they also have more than enough perimeter guys to throw at Steph and KD.

They also don't turn the ball over and will out rebound them so they can control pace.

Like I said, they match up very well.
He's going to get his VOLUME vs. anybody. That's a given.

Efficiency is not, which is what I referenced.

And you're talking to me about rim protection against a team that hunts threes? If the Warriors make their threes, it doesn't matter how good you are at contesting layups.

And who are these perimeter guys? Hood & Exum who have never played in the playoffs before? 35 year old JJ? And again, hayward is gonna need help against KD, compromising the whole defense.

And they don't turn over the ball over? They had the 4th highest turnover rate in the league last year, up there with Philly.

Like I said, 4-5 game series.

Last edited:

And you're talking to me about rim protection against a team that hunts threes? If the Warriors make their threes, it doesn't matter how good you are at contesting layups.

And who are these perimeter guys? Hood & Exum who have never played in the playoffs before? 35 year old JJ? And again, hayward is gonna need help against KD, compromising the whole defense.

And they don't turn over the ball over? They had the 4th highest turnover rate in the league last year, up there with Philly.

They had no PG last year, they have one now, you keep acting like either KD or the Jazz are in the same situation when both are in far different ones.

They are 12th in the league TOV% right now, you know because they have a PG.

They are a top 5 rebounding team.

Never mind that everybody after me has agreed and explained how they would be a challenge for GSW.

That GSW team that hunts 3's doesn't do it as well in a game full of half court possessions, we saw it all last year man.

It also makes it easier for the Jazz to out rebound them and control the pace.

Rim protection is more than just contesting layups, it allows the perimeter players to be more aggressive. KD can get his and they can still lose yet you keep trying to push that. :lol:

Everybody else on the team matches up well and how are they going to stop the Jazz or anybody inside with Zaza?

You keep saying "if" they hit their 3's as if the Jazz won't make it harder for them than any other team.

Keep on going man, but you the only guy who don't seem to get it for whatever reasons.

Last edited:
Grizzlies sinking faster than the Titanic

pls - stop trollin me :frown:

we've had 4 different starting lineups in 7 games, new coach, new system, 3-4 young players being implemented. we are okay :lol: . feel much better now than i did last year when we had a team full of veterans out there getting cooked.

Last edited:

They had no PG last year, they have one now, you keep acting like either KD or the Jazz are in the same situation when both are in far different ones.

Never mind that everybody after me has agreed and explained how they would be a challenge for GSW.

That GSW team that hunts 3's doesn't do it as well in a game full of half court possessions, we saw it all last year man.

Rim protection is more than just contesting layups, it allows the perimeter players to be more aggressive. KD can get his and they can still lose yet you keep trying to push that. :lol:

Everybody else on the team matches up well and how are they going to stop the Jazz or anybody inside with Zaza?

You keep saying "if" they hit their 3's as if the Jazz won't make it harder for them than any other team.

Keep on going man, but you the only guy who don't seem to get it for whatever reasons.

The Pacers' TO rate was below average, right there with GSW. So the Jazz take their PG and I'm supposed to just assume their ball control will go from awful to elite? :lol: nah

So because I don't subscribe to groupthink & fall in line, I'm wrong? :rofl:

And they don't hunt threes as well in a game full of half court possessions? I think you need to rewatch those last 2 rounds. The Warriors got TONS of open threes. Those last 5 mins or so of the finals was filled with open bricks. Harrison Barnes went 5-32 to end the finals on OPEN shots. Iggy was bricking OPEN shots.

So these guys are gonna be sooo agressive and the Warriors won't get any extra FTs out of that huh? :lol:

And the only series Durant ever lost in which he EFFICIENTLY got his volume (which is the whole point), was the finals against LeBron. I don't know why you keep trying to push that :lol: Besides that one series against arguably the GOAT, he has never lost when he hit his usual efficiency. If Utah can't slow him down, they lose. Period.

4-5 game series man

Last edited:
Like I said, keep going man. :lol:

It's the beginning of the season, you the only one who don't get it.

It ain't about subscribing to group think neither, smart minds agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom