Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they certainly didn't do jack **** with Kobe in those seasons either. And there is a difference between

A. Having your team built from the get go so that one player can satisfy his ego and take all the bad shots he wants and then suddenly losing that player to injury and having to go on without him, and

B. Going into the season preparing your squad for a more team-oriented type of basketball, knowing that you won't have that ego player to worry about to begin with.

But since you like to talk about the Lakers' regular season records with and without Kobe, I wonder what you have to say about them in the three-peat seasons, when Shaq and Kobe were "1A and 1B":

1999-00:

Lakers without Kobe: 12-4 (.750)

Lakers without Shaq: 1-2 (.333)

2000-01:

Lakers without Kobe: 11-3 (.786)

Lakers without Shaq: 5-3 (.625)

2001-02:

Lakers without Kobe: 2-0 (.1000)

Lakers without Shaq: 7-8 (.467)

Overall:

Lakers without Kobe: 25-7 (.781)

Lakers without Shaq: 13-13 (.500)

I bet that suddenly regular season records without Kobe would mysteriously become less significant.

These Lakers are obviously better than they were last year or the several past seasons. But thanks to Kobe's hijacking of the franchise with that terrible contract and him running Dwight out of town, they won't be what they could've been right now had Kobe retired with that achilles injury like he should've - contenders. Instead they are stuck in this limbo where they won't be good enough to contend, or bad enough to become better through the draft. Which is the worst place to be. Meanwhile, Kobe will be

while his stans attempt to do this about his legacy with the 2013-16 Lakers:

Well, they certainly didn't do jack **** with Kobe in those seasons either. And there is a difference between

A. Having your team built from the get go so that one player can satisfy his ego and take all the bad shots he wants and then suddenly losing that player to injury and having to go on without him, and

B. Going into the season preparing your squad for a more team-oriented type of basketball, knowing that you won't have that ego player to worry about to begin with.

But since you like to talk about the Lakers' regular season records with and without Kobe, I wonder what you have to say about them in the three-peat seasons, when Shaq and Kobe were "1A and 1B":

1999-00:

2000-01:

2001-02:

Overall:

I bet that suddenly regular season records without Kobe would mysteriously become less significant.

These Lakers are obviously better than they were last year or the several past seasons. But thanks to Kobe's hijacking of the franchise with that terrible contract and him running Dwight out of town, they won't be what they could've been right now had Kobe retired with that achilles injury like he should've - contenders. Instead they are stuck in this limbo where they won't be good enough to contend, or bad enough to become better through the draft. Which is the worst place to be. Meanwhile, Kobe will be

View media item 2223007

lol i dont have anything to say about the 3-peat era, its irrelevant. litterally NOBODY is talking about kobe n shaq. it was 15 yrs ago b. We were talking about the last 3 yrs.

Instead they are stuck in this limbo where they won't be good enough to contend, or bad enough to become better through the draft. Which is the worst place to be.

wth are you even talking about? limbo? they arent in limbo fam. They are building the foundation to contend now. At the very least, they're good enough to compete. the contention will come in time, as it has for everyone. They got much better through the draft. Got high draft picks the last few years due to #teamtank. maybe you missed out on that while trying to see the forest for the trees.

Last edited:
Lebron could have taken last years LAL team to the Playoffs.

Put Lebron on any team in the NBA and they are going to the Playoffs or winning a Chip

Last edited:
For the record, Dwight went from the best pnr big in the league in Orlando, to suddenly REFUSING to run the pnr on a Mike Dantoni offense in LA...like, what did you think you was getting yourself into Dwight? Lol

Dude refused to do what he was good at and instead wanted to clog the lane with his stiff post moves thus ruining the flow of the offense...plus he wasn't his usual self defensiively and on the glass because of the back.

Kobe low key had one of the best individual seasons of his career the with Dantoni, the year he tore his Achilles.

Dwight had an awful lot to do with "running Dwight outta LA" too. I'm just saying.

And after seeing lebron leave a team and them get 3/4 next #1 picks, I wouldn't put it past him that he could of got last year's Lakers to the playoffs. Dude really is that good.

1999-00:

2000-01:

2001-02:

Overall:

View media item 2223007

I think those numbers has less to do with Kobe and more to do with Shaq. Early 2000s Shaq was MDE they'd win no matter what.

Put Lebron on any team in the NBA and they are going to the Playoffs or winning a Chip
no... Lebron needs help just like anyone else. All the teams he has been in that have got to the finals have very good to great rosters and even then he's lost a few times.

Lakers were held back by Kobe. He should of retired after the Injury. I've said that for years already. We probably would be a lot better
right now had the rebuild started sooner. We weren't truly able to rebuild till he was gone.

Last edited:
Yea but that LAL wasn't as bad as Kobe made them last year. Add LBJ and they win 45+ games for sure. That was the 8seed mark.

This. Put lebron on any teams. They're playoff bound. He should be in the MVP talk every year.

Lakers ain't making no playoffs :lol: ...I do however fully expect them to beat the warriors every time they play, they got their number ...might have to test that out on a bet next time they play

I'm crying at Harrison Barnes putting up 34. I must catch these highlights.

I wonder where some of these teams in the standings will be at come early January

Bucks have maybe the worst defense in the league.

I love Bari but he's an absolute horror movie on defense, he gets torched every game almost.

They paid John Henson all that money to keep the bench warm too.

Really only referring to last year in terms of kobe holding them hostage

The farewell tour was basically a wash for the entire team , kobe ain't give any damns and just wanted to go out shooting

Bucks have maybe the worst defense in the league.

I love Bari but he's an absolute horror movie on defense, he gets torched every game almost.

They paid John Henson all that money to keep the bench warm too.
Knicks would like to say hello

no... Lebron needs help just like anyone else. All the teams he has been in that have got to the finals have very good to great rosters and even then he's lost a few times.

Lakers were held back by Kobe. He should of retired after the Injury. I've said that for years already. We probably would be a lot better
right now had the rebuild started sooner. We weren't truly able to rebuild till he was gone.
What are talking about had Kobe retired Dwight probably stays and where a middle of the pack team ... you're acting like we didn't get the talent we've have from being terrible or that if we weren't terrible we would have lost all of these picks

CwqEPKTXcAAJ9WX.jpg

Haven't been on here this weekend. Just seen my guy Mudiay dropped 30 & 8 last night....including 24 in a quarter :pimp:

Nice bounce back game for him. I was getting worried.

Also, welcome back Gordon Haywayd. Utah's defense has been STIFLING. Gordon Haywayd could be an All Star this year :smokin

George Hill is off to a blistering start this year. If he can average 15 & 5....and shoot it decent from 3....Utah becomes a tough out come playoff time.

What is Rodney Hood's potential? He seems to be developing nicely as a player...and nobody is talking about him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom