Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavar Ball actually was tolerable in the appearance on Undisputed today. Can't really fault him for having supreme confidence in his sons and respect for him instilling that in them. It's worked so far, at least for Lonzo.
Didn't watch, I'll have to check it out though. But yeah, you can't blame him. But the thing is what happens if they don't live up to all this hype he's creating for them? It'll be a huge drop in their confidence.

I'm hopeful Lonzo is gonna do well in the NBA, but pops gotta know when to tone it down 
laugh.gif

They don't matter if you get eliminated. Playoffs are only 2 1/2 months. Everybody doesn't get participation trophies despite the wussification of today's youth.
I'd rather have a Playoffs MVP over Finals MVP.

Would shut down some questionable awards that didn't really go to the best player on the team throughout the whole playoff journey.

Such as
Worthy over Magic
Kawhi over Duncan
Pierce over Garnett
Iggy over Curry (although Curry was injured, so I wouldn't really know who should actually win)

Hell, there'd be even be a case for Kobe to have won it over Shaq in 2001 or 2002

Last edited:
I'd rather have a Playoffs MVP over Finals MVP.

Would shut down some questionable awards that didn't really go to the best player on the team throughout the whole playoff journey.

Such as
Worthy over Magic
Kawhi over Duncan
Pierce over Garnett
Iggy over Curry (although Curry was injured, so I wouldn't really know who should actually win)

Hell, there'd be even be a case for Kobe to have won it over Shaq in 2001 or 2002
But Finals MVP means so much more in my opinion. You were the most valuable player in what you were playing for at the beginning of the season. No one should play the game just to get MVP of the regular season. Championships still reign king. I'm sure Steph would've much rather had that Finals MVP over his uni. MVP.

I don't think Finals MVP should ever go to a player on a losing team. Sorry Logo.

I knew that's where this was going. :lol:

And Shaq was head and shoulders better than Kobe in the '02 playoffs, so it's time to let that go.

But Finals MVP means so much more in my opinion. You were the most valuable player in what you were playing for at the beginning of the season. No one should play the game just to get MVP of the regular season. Championships still reign king. I'm sure Steph would've much rather had that Finals MVP over his uni. MVP.

I don't think Finals MVP should ever go to a player on a losing team. Sorry Logo.
I feel you. I meant that the playoffs MVP would be given to the best player in the winning team, taking their entire playoff performance into consideration, not just the finals.

I knew that's where this was going.
laugh.gif

And Shaq was head and shoulders better than Kobe in the '02 playoffs, so it's time to let that go.
I think this might be a reach. Shaq was dominant for sure but Kobe's run in these playoffs were no joke.

I don't remember what his stat line was for every series but he was getting close to 27,6 and 5 in that series against the Nets.

Last edited:
I knew that's where this was going. :lol:

I think this might be a reach. Shaq was dominant for sure but Kobe's run in these playoffs were no joke.

I don't remember what his stat line was for every series but he was getting close to 27,6 and 5 in that series against the Nets.

Shaq was like 29 13 rebounds 3 blocks 3 assists a game on 53 pct shooting.

Is this the Nets series? I know he was getting something like 36 and 12 with the 3 blocks and assists. His FG% in that series was almost 60%

But is that leaps in bounds better than a guy that's getting you 27, 6, 5 on 50% shooting and 54% from 3 as a two guard?

Not taking anything away from Diesel but Kobe was still putting in work all while not being his team's first option.

Last edited:
The 2001 was closer than the 2002 one was:

Kobe was at 28.5/5.9/5
Shaq was at 28.7/12.7/3.7

They literally took turns in the West playoffs eviscerating the opponents. And Shaq got to feast on the stiffs in the Finals.

What teams have a realistic chance of winning the championship? Am I wrong to think that it's really between the Cavs, Spurs, and the 3-1 Warriors?

So what exactly is your point? If there was a lie somewhere in there, I'd see the point. Every bit of what he said is what happened. Plus, this year, the media has been very favorable of Harden, so you're pretty much just all over the place. Just say you don't like Harden and keep it moving.

Lolz. You said I made a story up about how thirsty harden is for MVP and I responded. You got anything else or..?

:lol: :lol:

Should a player who's top 3 in minutes per game be at least top 10 in a major statistical category? Looking Wiggins numbers and they're ok but I think they should be better given the amount of minutes he's playing.

Should a player who's top 3 in minutes per game be at least top 10 in a major statistical category? Looking Wiggins numbers and they're ok but I think they should be better given the amount of minutes he's playing.
No you're right. 37 mins a night, 28% usage lends itself to greater production than 23 pts & 2 assists.

He definitely has a lot to work on & has plenty of time.

Last edited:

Is this the Nets series? I know he was getting something like 36 and 12 with the 3 blocks and assists. His FG% in that series was almost 60%

But is that leaps in bounds better than a guy that's getting you 27, 6, 5 on 50% shooting and 54% from 3 as a two guard?

Not taking anything away from Diesel but Kobe was still putting in work all while not being his team's first option.

Yes points in the paint and gravity>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom