Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitting a baseball at like 110 MPH and making a HR out of it seems insanely difficult to me

I played baseball in tough leagues. Was good enough to get invites to Cardinals and Astros camps. If you played the game your whole life hitting is just really good hand eye coronation and patience. It becomes second nature after a while. Not easy but as someone who played it wasn't overly difficult to make contact.

basketball and soccer are the most difficult sports

I would say this especially for the casual player.

I would even say that basketball is harder than soccer because unlike soccer, you have to play on both ends of the court when playing basketball. It also takes a toll on your entire body unlike soccer where its more lower body. You need a combination of fitness and aggression coupled with a very diverse skillset.

I am not saying the soccer, football or baseball is easy, I am saying that those sports allows you to specialize where in basketball you have to do a bit of everything.

last year we've joined a basketball league, a soccer league and another league that changes sports every week and basketball was by far the hardest and has people aching all over the next day (keep in mind these are casual players).

I also find that basketball requires a lot more fundamentals than soccer. Soccer has a lot to do with the feel for the game.

I played baseball in tough leagues. Was good enough to get invites to Cardinals and Astros camps. If you played the game your whole life hitting is just really good hand eye coronation and patience. It becomes second nature after a while. Not easy but as someone who played it wasn't overly difficult to make contact.

Yeah but you can say this for any sport honestly. If you've grown up playing the QB position it isn't nearly as hard as we think it to be

If you've grown up playing football all your life, making a three pointer at an NBA level is inconceivable lowkey

it's up there and it's very debatable. "by a mile" as you say isnt true.

Goalies in NHL, soccer and pitching is just as hard.

Goalies are reactionary players. I pitched as a baseball player. More of a skill and knowing where the opposing batters hot zones are. There's not to much to adjust to while out there.

QBs have to learn a new language. Read defenses on the field. Adjust their offense to exploit said defense and that's before the play even starts. They also have to know where every player on offense is gonna be and the time they'll be there to accurately pass the ball before they exit their breaks.

Making the NBA is harder because the rosters are smaller and most have to be physically gifted with hight to even be considered.

Hitting a baseball at like 110 MPH and making a HR out of it seems insanely difficult to me
False.

There legit 10-15 starting caliber QBs.

Everyone in baseball can hit
laugh.gif
ehh i wouldn't say everyone

there is ppl who cant read certain type of pitches for example a 12-6 Curveball, Slider.

Being a batter and trying to predict the next pitch is very hard

a soccer goalie probably has the toughest job with the least amount of room for error. you're one man trying to stop an object moving at 60-75 mph from entering a 8x24 space. that's insanely difficult to do.

NFL is the number one sport in the USA.

No one cares about boxing or UFC.

Not to mention fighters go at 2/3 times a year, maybe.

NFL depending on your season is 20-24 games.

Last edited:
CTE is a real problem. The thing I find alarming is I rarely hear people go at UFC or professional boxing like the NFL. Boxing is a sport where getting hit in the head is the name of the game.

If football is barbaric then boxing and UFC is even worse.

Boxing and UFC while I agree are barbaric, are not as barbaric as football from a pure injury perspective.

Plus football is so much more popular, making it 100x more dangerous because there's so many potential people at risk

Nuggets Exploring Emmanuel Mudiay's Trade Value

The Denver Nuggets are quietly exploring trade scenarios involving Emmanuel Mudiay and multiple picks. Mudiay is in his second season and the Nuggets are in no rush to move him, but he could be included if a bigger trade target presents itself.

Mudiay is averaging 12.1 points, 3.5 rebounds and 4.2 assists in 28.5 minutes per game this season. Mudiay has a PER of 10.5 and True Shooting Percentage of .479. Jamal Murray has played well for the Nuggets in his rookie season as a combo guard.

----

Honestly, it would make more sense to trade him after the season, but like they said, it would probably be on a package deal including either Wilson Chandler or Faried.

NFL is the number one sport in the USA.

No one cares about boxing or UFC.

Not to mention fighters go at 2/3 times a year, maybe.

NFL depending on your season is 20-24 games.

I get why the NFL is more of a target. The object of pro football isn't to give you opponent a concussion. The object of fight sports is to do just that and they don't get paid like pro football players. Unless your Mayweather. Tito Ortiz fought Saturday. It's reported he's had over 20 concussions in his career.

Last edited:
a soccer goalie probably has the toughest job with the least amount of room for error. you're one man trying to stop an object moving at 60-75 mph from entering a 8x24 space. that's insanely difficult to do.

Yeah, soccer goalie is something a legitimately suck at even though I am decent at every other position.

It's such a tough and stressful job. Plus good goalies should anchor the entire defence. If someone is open on the other side, it's partly the goalie's fault if he doesn't call it out.

I genuinely feel that in about 30 years football won't be around, or be nearly as prevalent

You're already seeing declines in the sport's participation at the youth level.

There are kids who don't even make it past high school level football being diagnosed with CTE. As this becomes more widespread, folks won't let their kids play the sport.

I swear Kidd changes starting centers every 15 games.
He changes starting lines every week,no exaggeration.
I mean....the Bucs are 1-9 in their last 10 and obviously slumping. That being said....their still in contention for the last playoff spot (the damn East)

They'll be fine. Growing pains.

Is the East really worse then the West or just more competitive? The Bucks are closer the the 8th spot in the West then the 8th in the East.
Not today Collector :rofl:
You really are going to do this every day aren't you?
There are things to post about other than propping up Wizards. I haven't read ahead passed this post yet but I bet it turns into a back and forth or 3-4 more posts of you basically saying East>West and Wiz are in the East so Wiz> most West teams, yay us. :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom