Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I'm about to get my bachelor's and it's so obvious it's a scam man. Painfully sad man

Nothing but fax. Hope you've been networking, cause ultimately that's all that matters in the end. Bachelor's are barely worth the paper they're printed on nowadays.

Maybe something like going straight from HS to the D-League could work.

Obviously this could only happen if every NBA team has their own D-League team which sounds like it could happen in the near future.

Only reason that 1 year rule is in place is for these universities to make money. That whole education **** they preach for athletes is utter ********. 2k17 got me ****** up this year bout "hey idk if I should go into the NBA I want to finish my education first" it's a no brainer if you're projected to get drafted

Last edited:
i don't even think bam was a top 5 recruit coming out of high school so that really isn't a good example.
college hurt simmons and wiggins more than it helped them.
dudes like Wall and AD were definitely good enough to come straight out of high school also.

Last edited:
Nothing but fax. Hope you've been networking, cause ultimately that's all that matters in the end. Bachelor's are barely worth the paper they're printed on nowadays.

Oh yeah my career path has literally nothing to do with my major or bachelors degree :lol: I've seen it first hand working with LAC how far networking can take you. Further than any degree or certification for sure.

Unless the rule was fixed, I would love to see more players exercise the right to be drafted, but go back to college and play. It might just be for 2nd round picks tho....Voshon Lenard did this.

*edit*

I think athletes should have the right to bypass college to enter the draft. Yes, there are cautionary tales, but guys like Ben Simmons, KAT, etc. all wasting their time on college campuses.

Last edited:
You will get better playing in 1 year of NBA ball than you will playing 4 years in college. Only way to get good is to learn and compete against top talent

yep. Players dont owe college ****.

If they instituted that, you'd just see a lot more guys going over seas for a year.

The only thing bigger than the scam of college itself, is the scam of college sports for college athletes.

lol I'm about to get my bachelor's and it's so obvious it's a scam man. Painfully sad man
Can't be considered a scam with all those college debt horror stories out there that are free to read and easily available

nah if you're good enough why go to college for two years and waste those two years not making any money off of your talent?
plus the college game is so different than the nba game that it really isn't going to make you a better prospect
Yeah true... true... F--- what I said 
laugh.gif
 That's a good point.

But I guess my only problem for guys who would come outta high school then is if they're really ready/mature enough ya know? Cause I mean, we all know, high schoolers aren't really THAT mature to be taken into a "grown man's league." Unless you're like, the next KG or somethin like that. That's just my opinion though

College didn't hurt Simmons or Wiggins though, they were number 1 going in and ended up number 1 coming out. I do wish both Jah and KAT didn't have to go to college though :lol:

Yeah true... true... F--- what I said :lol:  That's a good point.

But I guess my only problem for guys who would come outta high school then is if they're really ready/mature enough ya know? Cause I mean, we all know, high schoolers aren't really THAT mature to be taken into a "grown man's league." Unless you're like, the next KG or somethin like that. That's just my opinion though

They'll learn quick especially from vets and dudes old enough to be their fathers much quicker than being around dudes their age

most four year college players are trash in the nba anyway.
dray and dame are probably the only good 4 year players of recent memory

Just off the basis of it being a scam (which it is) would you all be cool with football players going straight from high school? Whenever this conversation comes up most people agree scam or not they shouldn't be allowed to go to the league. If your against the NCAA exploration of collage athletes why are football players always the exception? Fair is fair regardless of the sport.

Just pay the players in college and problem solved.

You will get better playing in 1 year of NBA ball than you will playing 4 years in college. Only way to get good is to learn and compete against top talent

You go from balancing school and basketball,

To basketball being really your only priority with around the clock aid and elite level assistance, training, etc. you can afford to eat clean, I mean it's literally the biggest lie ever told that college prepares you for the NBA

**** is worse in college football. Dudes putting their bodies on the line for zero. Then if they accept a free meal or lil bit of money from somebody their looked at as criminals. While you got coaches making 6 or 7 mil.

Wiggins only went #1 because Embiid hurt his foot
All of simmons's flaws were magnified during that one year of college and slightly changed people's perception of him. he went from lebron/magic to a rich man's lamar odom.

**** is worse in college football. Dudes putting their bodies on the line for zero. Then if they accept a free meal or lil bit of money from somebody their looked at as criminals. While you got coaches making 6 or 7 mil.

Right but nobody says they should be allowed into the league straight from high school. How do you fix this?

Just off the basis of it being a scam (which it is) would you all be cool with football players going straight from high school? Whenever this conversation comes up most people agree scam or not they shouldn't be allowed to go to the league. If your against the NCAA exploration of collage athletes why are football players always the exception? Fair is fair regardless of the sport.

you can't pay them because not every player and team are equally valuable.
you can't pay the football team and lacrosse team the same amount because they aren't bringing in the same amount of money

College football is sooooo bad, it's in an even worse state that college basketball. Your career span and possibility of injury before you even get a dime is so short, and yet you want them to play for your institution without being paid a dime.

That **** is sick

Oh yeah my career path has literally nothing to do with my major or bachelors degree :lol: I've seen it first hand working with LAC how far networking can take you. Further than any degree or certification for sure.

I got a letter of recommendation from Carl Lahr and Lauren. That's basically the main reason I got the job I have now :lol: using the VP of sales of a billion dollar organization as a reference :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom