Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to Dante Exum?
He went straight from high school ball... in Australia to the NBA.

I think people underestimated the staggering leap in competition that he would have to deal with.

He's still only 21 so he's got plenty of time to figure it out. He also lost a year with that ACL tear so he's really playing catchup now.

Last edited:
Kawhi Leonard should definitely make first team over LeBron. Keep it real Kawhi should win MVP now that the Rockets have tapered off.
Definitely agree. Kawhi's been killing it this year, but MVP is a different story. I think he'll come up a little short this year, but he'll definitely get one within the next two or three years.
KD & Kawhi should be first team ALL NBA. Curious to see if the NBA has the balls to leave Bron off the first team.

I'm all in for a #SadBoy4MVP movement.
I think they will. Bron & Giannis would be second team if they put Durant & Kawhi in the first. I'm sure the only one's who'd have a real problem with that are Cleveland people.

Dante will have a shot at rejuvenating his career like Shaun Livingston. Probably end up being a quality backup in the long run.

I don't know if that's considered a bold prediction, but I just don't see it.

Same **** different year

K -- didn't know the Grizz shot the 3 ball like that previously.

Sometimes I wonder if the NBA should bring back the 3 year rule.

I feel like we have to wait so much longer for these players to hit their primes / progress / get better and it just runs up the risks of players being busts.

Idk *shrug*

the rule should be : come straight out of hs or go to college for atleast 2 years
would improve the college game and the nba game
dudes like wiggins, simmons, maybe even john wall didn't need to waste a year in the ncaa

Last edited:

I feel like we have to wait so much longer for these players to hit their primes / progress / get better and it just runs up the risks of players being busts.

Idk *shrug*

Dudes are going to be busts regardless. We get great young talent that works and we get guys that fizzle out.

No one forced Utah to draft exum and he didn't even work out for them.

The Nuggets are quietly exploring what they might get for Emmanuel Mudiay and multiple picks, sources say, but they're in no rush to move Mudiay, and the Suns may not want him when they could simply draft a point guard.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18601276/zach-lowe-eric-bledsoe-devin-booker-phoenix-suns-nba

:lol: Wavy

Idk *shrug*

Nah. It's been a lot great one and done dudes. College sports already pimps them enough.

Last edited:
That slavery institution known as the NCAA isn't making players More ready for the NBA in no shape or form.

That one and done rule is only there cause the NCAA was crying about all the top prep players skipping their slave induced institution

Forcing dudes to play for free for 2 or 3 years is crazy. And don't say it ain't about the money cuz everybody else getting paid. :lol:

1 year is perfect.

From my perspective,

If you're 1 and done and everyone knows, what's the point of wasting a valuable year of income playing with Amateurs under rules and coaching that barely resemble the NBA

This isn't like other professions. A basketball player's career is relatively short. Forcing that player to miss out of 7 Million dollars or more to waste a couple months of his life just isn't fair to me.

No other entity allows restrictions on you getting your professional bread like the NBA/NCAA does. It's quite shameful.

yep. Players dont owe college ****.

If they instituted that, you'd just see a lot more guys going over seas for a year.

The only thing bigger than the scam of college itself, is the scam of college sports for college athletes.

You have what, maybe 5 years to make millions of dollars, and you want them to waste two years, let alone a year, in college? For what?

The NCAA is literally the only party that benefits from forcing players who are already destined and prepped for the NBA, to go to college.

It really is a scam of the highest order.

They need at least one year in college. Where else would players learn how to pass the ball along the 3pt line for 30 seconds and then force a contested 3?

Should be no rule. Forcing them to go to college one year is a waste of time. College and nba are totally different games. Pointless.

@TyEvvyOTCU
 No not even high school, it should  be at least 2 years of college.
nah if you're good enough why go to college for two years and waste those two years not making any money off of your talent?
plus the college game is so different than the nba game that it really isn't going to make you a better prospect

yep. Players dont owe college ****.

If they instituted that, you'd just see a lot more guys going over seas for a year.

The only thing bigger than the scam of college itself, is the scam of college sports for college athletes.

lol I'm about to get my bachelor's and it's so obvious it's a scam man. Painfully sad man

1 year is perfect.

From my perspective,

If you're 1 and done and everyone knows, what's the point of wasting a valuable year of income playing with Amateurs under rules and coaching that barely resemble the NBA

This isn't like other professions. A basketball player's career is relatively short. Forcing that player to miss out of 7 Million dollars or more to waste a couple months of his life just isn't fair to me.

From a financial standpoint, I agree 100%. If you're good enough to go, I'm all for it.

I feel like that 1 year gives scouts a better evaluation than the aau circuit.

Take Bam from kentucky. He muscled everyone on the UA circuit. He looked like Dwight Howard's son. Now you see the flaws in his game. I'd feel better about taking him at 15 when he could have duped you into picking him 5th

From my perspective,

Yeah, that's very true. I think the only reason the whole "at least 2 years of college ball" has come up in recent years is cause of how highly praised most guys are in college, but once they're in the NBA, people set their expectations so high immediately. Only after getting a scouting report of them being compared to great players in today's league. No one gives them time to adjust and learn the league, they all expect them to be book smart about it all already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom