Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll learn quick especially from vets and dudes old enough to be their fathers much quicker than being around dudes their age
But that does depend on the team they get drafted too though. Cause if you come out of high school, and you're REALLY good, you'll most likely be on the team with little to no vets (ex. 76ers, Lakers, Kings, etc.). But if you're just like decent to good, you'll be put on a team with more vets compared to those in top 3, high lottery pick teams

Just off the basis of it being a scam (which it is) would you all be cool with football players going straight from high school? Whenever this conversation comes up most people agree scam or not they shouldn't be allowed to go to the league. If your against the NCAA exploration of collage athletes why are football players always the exception? Fair is fair regardless of the sport.

Just pay the players in college and problem solved.

Unless your at Alabama physically the adjustment is a lot more steep in football than it is basketball. The life span of the average NFL player is even less than the NBA plus the scaling of the deals are different. No doubt all them should be getting paid though.

College football is sooooo bad, it's in an even worse state that college basketball. Your career span and possibility of injury before you even get a dime is so short, and yet you want them to play for your institution without being paid a dime.

That **** is sick

I agree but at the same time you can't let them into the league. Very few 18 year olds are physically ready for the NFL. That's a real health risk.

I got a letter of recommendation from Carl Lahr and Lauren. That's basically the main reason I got the job I have now :lol: using the VP of sales of a billion dollar organization as a reference :pimp:

Bingo, we think alike :lol:

Tracy and Denise both told me if I need anything like a letter of rec or something to just let them know and me and some coaches on the staff are in continuous talking just in case something opens up on the basketball ops side

Anyone knows how baseball does it?

It seems like it has the best model when it comes to HS working their way through the farm to the show.

I agree but at the same time you can't let them into the league. Very few 18 year olds are physically ready for the NFL. That's a real health risk.

Well in my opinion football is borderline barbaric and really shouldn't be played at all, much less by amateurs but that's another story...

Regardless, the sport on any level is extremely dangerous and if you're going to play and make money for any institution, you Midas whale get paid for it. Pay them in college, and let them turn pro when they want

It seems like it has the best model when it comes to HS working their way through the farm to the show.

The farm system pay is contract based off your MLB contract. My cousin is on the Seattle Mariners farm team and was drafted by Seattle, they signed him to his deal, but he is in the farm system. Still on his major league deal.

That is what the NBA is hoping for sort-of with the new CBA D-League pay.

Like idk how a sport where players get 100s of concussions over their career is even a thing on an amateur level but whatever

Gotta be in college for 3 years. If you decide to go. Baseball has lowest major injury risk (outside of pitchers) but they get paid more then every other sport. They know that payday is coming. They aren't trippin.

Well in my opinion football is borderline barbaric and really shouldn't be played at all, much less by amateurs but that's another story...

Regardless, the sport on any level is extremely dangerous and if you're going to play and make money for any institution, you Midas whale get paid for it. Pay them in college, and let them turn pro when they want

Add to it the opportunity to make money professionally is limited to the NFL, CFL, and what arena football?
Basketball >>> football

Soccer 
pimp.gif

Add to it the opportunity to make money professionally is limited to the NFL, CFL, and what arena football?
Basketball >>> football

Dog I was gonna mention that too. Like it's really the NFL or that's it. You want kids to risk their financial future playing football in college while not paying them a dime. I'm sick.

**** is worse in college football. Dudes putting their bodies on the line for zero. Then if they accept a free meal or lil bit of money from somebody their looked at as criminals. While you got coaches making 6 or 7 mil.

Right but nobody says they should be allowed into the league straight from high school. How do you fix this?

Nah, not let them in league but they have to pay them in College. Gotta give these dudes something. You making millions for a school. Tickets, merchandise etc. Let them get a check every 2 weeks or something. Nothing crazy but enough to live.

In what way?

Playing QB in the NFL is the hardest job in sports by a mile.
I agree, you're basically the point guard of a big *** field. Surveying every little bit, predicting where everyone will be, avoiding getting tackled/sacked, throwing it so precisely so it's not intercepted. There's so much into, I definitely agree it's the hardest in sports, if not then it's definitely top 3 of the hardest if you can name harder positions to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom