Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden still having a great year, but the Clippers/Jazz are only 4 games back from them for 3rd. Grizz and OKC are 6 games back. I mentioned how the Rockets went on a stretch winning like 20 of their last 23 games earlier in the year. They not doing that again. Houston started out 31-9 and now are 5-7 since. I don't expect them to play sub .500 basketball or even .500, but I'll be damned if they continue to win 78% of their games like they were doing.

I also don't expect some of the teams below them (maybe outside LAC without CP3) to deal with as many injury problems. Both Utah and Memphis are bound to hit their stride soon (Memphis always does). Depending on when CP3 returns, Clipper will once again hit their stride. I think OKC hit theirs too early as well when they started the year off 6-1 (22-20 since then).

Last edited:
Spurs only going to gain more distance from the Rockets eventually. I can see at least a 5-6 game difference between 2nd and 3rd in the West.

3rd through 6th should be pretty close (maybe 7th).

Last edited:
The Rockets are two losses ahead of the Clippers, are 4 games ahead of them in total, and have played 4 more games than them.

They're coming back down to earth and either the Clippers or the Jazz I think, will catch them.

Harden still having a great year, but the Clippers/Jazz are only 4 games back from them for 3rd. Grizz and OKC are 6 games back. I mentioned how the Rockets went on a stretch winning like 20 of their last 23 games earlier in the year. They not doing that again. Houston started out 31-9 and now are 5-7 since. I don't expect them to play sub .500 basketball or even .500, but I'll be damned if they continue to win 78% of their games like they were doing.

I also don't expect some of the teams below them (maybe outside LAC without CP3) to deal with as many injury problems. Both Utah and Memphis are bound to hit their stride soon (Memphis always does). Depending on when CP3 returns, Clipper will once again hit their stride. I think OKC hit theirs too early as well when they started the year off 6-1 (22-20 since then).

Yessir.

Like I've been saying....both of those teams were going to come down to Earth.....and the schedule would tighten up.

Lebby might lose his hair if we beat them tonight
pimp.gif
Insinuating that he...has hair to, lose?

Dude Washington has probably the best or Second best top to bottom starting line up in the NBA.

It's why I bagged them and Wall so hard to begin the season.

SO saying GSW roster > Wash roster by a Country Mile is so far from the truth.

Washington's starting lineup is straight Fire dude.

When we were 2-8 I didn't see anyone say our roster was better then Boston, Toronto, Atlanta, San Antonio, OKC, LA Clippers, Houston, Memphis etc.

Now we have the 2nd best lineup in the NBA?

Alternative facts.

Dude Washington has probably the best or Second best top to bottom starting line up in the NBA.

When we were 2-8 I didn't see anyone say our roster was better then Boston, Toronto, Atlanta, San Antonio, OKC, LA Clippers, Houston, Memphis etc.

Alternative facts.
GO back 1900 pages and you will find me making that claim probably verbatim. (as far as starting lineup)

Last edited:

Alternative facts.

You didn't start posting again until they started winning doe.

GO back 1900 pages and you will find me making that claim probably verbatim. (as far as starting lineup)

So coming into the 2016-17 season. You had our starting 5 that missed the playoffs in the East last year as a top 3 lineup?

You didn't start posting again until they started winning doe.

The Wizards have are 22-9 since December 1st. The Skins season ended on January 1st. I didn't start posting again until after the football season ended.

Your narrative about me front running makes no sense. Since when are the Skins amongst the NFLs best? Wouldn't I post more in the NHL or MLB threads if I was a front runner? You'd have a point if the Skins were the Pats or something but they haven't been a factor since 91.

For the people predicting the rockets gonna continue to struggle have you looked at their schedule?

I never said they will continue to struggle. I just said they're not going to be winning 78% of their games again during a large portion of the year. They have a tough 7-game outlook beginning in March @LAC (if CP3 is back), MEM, @SAS, UTA, @CHI, CLE. Then they close out March with 2 games against the Warriors, OKC and @POR.

For the people predicting the rockets gonna continue to struggle have you looked at their schedule?

Not struggle. but they won 20/22 games at one point.

Only the Warriors and Spurs can win at clips like that.

Houston will come down to earth and go 6-4, 5-5, 7-3 stretches over their next 30 games or so.

I never said they will continue to struggle. I just said they're not going to be winning 78% of their games again during a large portion of the year. They have a tough 7-game outlook beginning in March @LAC (if CP3 is back), MEM, @SAS, UTA, @CHI, CLE. Then they close out March with 2 games against the Warriors, OKC and @POR.

And February they have one of the easiest schedules in the league. Assuming their healthy they should be fine.

The rockets losing now isn't a result of the teams they're playing rather the amount of games. They've haven't had more than one day off in a month. With the most back to backs in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom