Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again......I'm a big time John wall fan......me, @JJs07, @frshstunna and a few others were doing the "heavy lifting" in here when the Wizards were struggling.....and you were "too focused on the skins"......

But in no realm is John Wall better than Steph Curry. And I mean that with the utmost respect to my man Wall. Whose one of the realest in the NBA and a top 10-15 player in his own right.

Bron/Steph/KD sit at their own table.

Wall just ain't there yet. That's not a knock on him.

I'm giving you stats. Where's yours? Why does Curry have Klay and KD but can't average more then 6 assist? I know why. Like Kyrie he has another guy run the point basically in Green. John Wall doesn't have the Green or LeBron luxury. He does it all himself. Before Green emerged Curry wasn't a top PG just like Kyrie wasn't any good before LeBron.

Who did Washington get that elevated Walls game? Curry and Kyrie aren't the true PGs on their own teams.

Last edited:
steph definitely draws attention no one can deny that, but he also has klay, draymond, iguodola, kerr etc.

just watch OKC play man its really a one man show and if russ aint in good luck figuring out what they are doing...talent and coaching definitely go hand in hand. GS has by far the best combination of both.
This man knows.

Proof was last night. Russ on court vs Spurs in 34 minutes the Thunder were +8. Russ resting for 14 minutes the Thunder were -22. 

IN 14 MINUTES 

I'm giving you stats. Where's yours? Why does Curry have Klay and KD but can't average more then 6 assist? I know why. Like Kyrie he has another guy run the point basically in Green. John Wall doesn't have the Green or LeBron luxury. He does it all himself. Before Green emerged Curry wasn't a top PG just like Kyrie wasn't any good before LeBron.

Who did Washington get that elevated Walls game?

Curry averaged 24 & 8.5apg BEFORE draymond emerged. You know. In 13-14. The year he was the #1 option on a 50 win western conference team.

Kerr took the ball out of his damn hands....so that the offense could move fluidly. I mean.....this is common knowledge. You leverage your players best strengths.

I forget sometimes you are @BowB4Me. I remember how limited your overall basketball knowledge is outside of the Wizards :lol:.

Walls game has elevated once Beal has been healthy....and Otto Porter has emerged (like draymond). Both Wall and Steph make those around them better.

Steph with his gravity leading to those 4/3's....with draymond as the passer. Wall with his passing and court bending...finding open shooters.

Different impacts. Similar results.

Again. You can't judge curry on raw assist numbers.

Steph gets doubled at half court and throws a pass to draymond who then kicks to Klay, that's caused by Stephs gravity.

Draymond pushes the ball up the court and Steph is running the wing. The defense has to make a choice which should be give up the layup.

View media item 2319186
Pardon the thumbnail, but no other player in the league creates this spacing. Any bucket scored on this possession is a result of Steph. You can't quantify that

Last edited:
Collector always gets you guys with the Wall >

It's Wall > God with him, but he gets yall' every time
laugh.gif

John Wall has turned Otto Porter into the best 3 point shooter in the NBA right now today. Wall turned Drew Gooden into an effective player and also brought Trevor Ariza back to life. He does more with less then anyone in the NBA.

Curry makes his teammates better by being a great shooter. Wall makes his teammates better by being a better PG. that's the point. (Pun intended).

Curry and his "gravity" is a product of his shooting. Not his effectiveness at playing PG. You can put Curry at Center and he'd still get double teamed at half court. The position doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Again. You can't judge curry on raw assist numbers.

Steph gets doubled at half court and throws a pass to draymond who then kicks to Klay, that's caused by Stephs gravity.

Draymond pushes the ball up the court and Steph is running the wing. The defense has to make a choice which should be give up the layup.

Pardon the thumbnail, but no other player in the league creates this spacing. Any bucket scored on this possession is a result of Steph. You can't quantify that
Is this gravity as effective if it's Adams setting the pick, being surrounded by roberson, Oladipo, (who's shooting it better this year, much better actually) Grant, etc. as opposed to that death lineup?

Not a loaded question I genuinely am curious

John Wall has turned Otto Porter into the best 3 point shooter in the NBA right now today. Wall turned Drew Gooden into an effective player and also brought Trevor Ariza back to life. He does more with less then anyone in the NBA.

Curry makes his teammates better by being a great shooter. Wall makes his teammates better by being a better PG. that's the point. (Pun intended).

Curry and his "gravity" is a product of his shooting. Not his effectiveness at playing PG.

Shooting is a point guard skill. In fact....it's always been one of the most coveted skills for PGs. This is why guys like Cp3 and Steph are so damn good. They can shoot & pass.

You said, quote:

I'm giving you stats. Where's yours? [Why does Curry have Klay and KD but can't average more then 6 assist? I know why. Like Kyrie he has another guy run the point basically in Green. John Wall doesn't have the Green or LeBron luxury. He does it all himself. Before Green emerged Curry wasn't a top PG just like Kyrie wasn't any good before LeBron.

Explain to me how Steph wasn't his teams PG when he was avergeing nearly 9apg.....while also giving you an efficient 24ppg.

You look at basketball in possibly the simplest way. Idk why I'm going back and forth with you. This argument is stupid :lol:.

At the end of the day....the Wizards are winning. Wall is shining. All is good.

Last edited:
Shoe king

I know that's your boy but I wouldn't play Roberson. So Russ would never get that kind of gravity. Same with grant.

steph is legit a threat from 28 feet. Russ isn't. Even if you switch a big on Russ, he's going to back up give up the 3. You can't do that with Steph.

Collector you gotta chill bro. You don't gotta diminish other great pgs in order to highlight how good John is, especially not THIS year. I know it's been years but people waking up, no need for the hyperbole

Kawhi Leonard should definitely make first team over LeBron. Keep it real Kawhi should win MVP now that the Rockets have tapered off.

are they going to have a fashion contest this yr during AS break? need to have a dance competition
can you imagine wall vs westbrook? :pimp:

Kawhi Leonard should definitely make first team over LeBron. Keep it real Kawhi should win MVP now that the Rockets have tapered off.

durant and kawhi are clear cut.
think kawhi finishes second again

Last edited:

KD & Kawhi should be first team ALL NBA. Curious to see if the NBA has the balls to leave Bron off the first team.

I'm all in for a #SadBoy4MVP movement.

Is this gravity as effective if it's Adams setting the pick, being surrounded by roberson, Oladipo, (who's shooting it better this year, much better actually) Grant, etc. as opposed to that death lineup?

Not a loaded question I genuinely am curious

Hell no is the answer. Russ is a better player than Steph.

As great of year kiwi is having, it's still Hardens MVP to lose as long as they finished 3rd and few games back of SAS.

Harden is still doing more with less. I don't want to diminish KD Jr s effort but he's still playing alongside another all star, a half washed champ and a whole washed champ. Harden is doing it with NOP rejects and no bench.

Last edited:
I'll end on this.

Washington is two games worse the GS in January and 22-9 since December 1st. 9-1 in there last 10 only losing on a tip in at the buzzer. Longest active home win streak in the league at 15.

Curry roster > Wall roster by a country mile and yet here we are.

I'd like to know where folks on here would rank Washington roster in the NBA. Wall is the driving force behind the success.

Last edited:
Wiz roster isn't really that bad. Their starting 5 is as talented as anyone's in the east not named the Cavs.

I mess with Wall but you act like he plays for the Nets.

Who did Washington get that elevated Walls game? Curry and Kyrie aren't the true PGs on their own teams.

Have you seen the Warriors run their offense? There's so much ball movement and off the ball action that there's no room for one player to dominate in assists. Everyone gets assists on the team. And they're the best offense in the league.

Dude Washington has probably the best or Second best top to bottom starting line up in the NBA.

It's why I bagged them and Wall so hard to begin the season.

SO saying GSW roster > Wash roster by a Country Mile is so far from the truth.

Washington's starting lineup is straight Fire dude.

Last edited:
Wiz roster isn't really that bad. Their starting 5 is as talented as anyone's in the east not named the Cavs.

I mess with Wall but you act like he plays for the Nets.

Wall makes them good. Why don't folks see this? Washington was garbage to start the season. Wall said himself he was coming off surgery on both knees and out of shape to start the year. He's the reason we've turned it around. If the roster was so good we wouldn't have started as bad as we did while Wall was getting back in shape off the surgeries.

GSW has 4 allstars..their starting lineup is better than everybody by a country mile

Also.. Wall is good but he isn't better than Steph, Russ or CP3 stop right now collector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom