Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many things does Curry do better then Wall? Score and what else?

Man.....I'm probably the biggest john Wall fan on this board.....and I appreciate having another Wall/Wiz fan on here........but you gotta be one of the most fair weather fans I've ever seen :lol:.

Don't say a peep about Wall and the Wizards when they were struggling.

Now, every post is about Wall and the Wiz :lol:

Last edited:

Man.....I'm probably the biggest john Wall fan on this board.....and I appreciate having another Wall/Wiz fan on here........but you gotta be one of the most fair weather fans I've ever seen :lol:.

You gon let him say that Collector?

You gon let him say that Collector?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

cold hard facts.

and wall is great. and the wiz are rolling.

but come on. They're still just middle of the pack good. Better than cleveland? nope. Better than celtics? nope. Better than toronto? nop...well, it depends which toronto shows up. The one where Dekobe and Fat lowry ball out? Nope. But the one where they play like they listened to drakes greatest hits in pregame, well that team is food.

and then there are the wizards. their record may be tuning up and th percentages going up, but power ranking, they're still lower.

I was busy in the NFL thread giving TURNT my support. If I was "fair weather fan" I wouldn't have been shouting from the mountain top when we were 2-4 last seasons that Kirk Cousins was legit and we would win the NFC East.

I apologize for basketball not being the only sport I watch. I'm one of the only Washington sports fans that post in every major sports thread. Shout out to the homie @JJs07.

If posting in this thread makes me fair weather then don't say a word if the Skins, Caps or Nats win championships. I haven't seen you in those threads.

Last edited:
Again

Harden/ Russ >>> CP3

Matter of fact, we need to compare Wall to CP3
I'll go with CP. CP only plays 30 min a night and still is at 18/10 on 47/40/88. The Clips are one of the best defenses in the league with him on the floor, and without him they're one of the worst. And I still think He's a better defender than Wall, even now.

I'll go with CP. CP only plays 30 min a night and still is at 18/10 on 47/40/88. The Clips are one of the best defenses in the league with him on the floor, and without him they're one of the worst. And I still think He's a better defender than Wall, even now.

Take CP3 off the Clippers there still competitive in the West. Take Wall off Washington and they're in the lottery in the East.

Wall > CP3

Washington is also 1-0 vs the Clippers this season.

Steph so overrated... he's not even top 5 imo.

Bron
KD
Kawhi
Russ
Harden

Maybe even cp3 for his defense

Last edited:

Precisely

When Jimmy Butler was eligible for a contract extension in 2014, the Chicago Bulls made him a low offer and threatened to cut his playing time if he didn't accept it.

"Jimmy Butler after his third year, scored about 13 points a game," said Ryen Russillo. "He's going to hit, right? Wow. What a great draft pick. This front office has donn a good job here, but he's not a star, so as a restricted free agent we'll offer you an extension. They offered him four years about $44 million, in the forties, pretty good money.

"The way restricted free agency works is you know if you can get there, another team is going to offer you way more than you're probably worth because they don't want the other team to match it.

"So Butler is like, 'look that's a nice offer but I'm not taking it.'

"And then Klay Thompson gets four for $70 million. And if you remember, at the time, people were going 'man, you have to max Klay Thompson?' Because Klay Thompson then, is not who Klay Thompson is today.

"So Butler's like 'I'm going to get my money.'

"And the way I was told the story is that it wasn't the coaching staff, it was someone in the front office went to Jimmy Butler and said 'if you don't sign this extension, we're going to play Tony Snell over you. We are going to give you his minutes and that's going to drop your minutes and numbers down.'

"'And Butler's like, 'are you kidding me? Tony Snell? This dude I killed in practice. That's what you're going to do? You're going to try to depress my market by playing a lesser player more than me?'

Tom Thibodeau refused to follow through with the Bulls' threat and Butler emerged as the Most Improved Player in the NBA. Butler went on to sign a five-year, $95 million contract as a restricted free agent.

"Butler doesn't trust the front office because he feels like they were going to do this to him. And that's why there's always this animosity and that's why his name, even though I could never truly figure out where he's connected other than maybe the Boston rumor or the Minnesota rumor going back to last summer's draft."

Butler shared his mistrust of the Bulls with Dwyane Wade and that has spilled over to Fred Hoiberg as well.
Everyone in that Front Office has to go, "period".

Last edited:
Take CP3 off the Clippers there still competitive in the West. Take Wall off Washington and they're in the lottery in the East.

Wall > CP3

No. this isn't true. The clips have faltered once Chris Paul had been injured. He had them rolling.

P C H P C H ....post the stats

Wall is my guy....but he STILL isn't better than Chris Paul. Not by any measure truthfully. He's getting close though. And he's modeled his game slightly like Chris Paul in NO. Hence the similar production.

Look. Steph Curry is the best point guard in the game. That's not really debatable :lol:.

Russ/Cp3 are next. That's debatable.

Then it's Wall.....and the rest after that.

That's how it goes.

Last edited:

Wall > CP3

Have you seen the Clippers w/o CP? Define competitive. They are currently giving up 119 points per game since CP went out with the thumb. With him, they were one of the best defenses in the league. He's at 18/5/10 with like a 61 TS% and a higher PER than wall in only 30 minutes a night and he's been better than wall on defense this year. Higher AST %, better + / -, Way higher TS, there's really nothing John Wall does better than CP except score and even then, he plays way more minutes than CP.

I love wall but I'm taking CP still.

Last edited:
steph is a better shooter...thats about it
this is just a poor opinion. just piss poor.

Have you seen the Clippers w/o CP? Define competitive. They are currently giving up 119 points per game since CP went out with the thumb. With him, they were one of the best defenses in the league. He's at 18/5/10 with like a 61 TS% and a higher PER than wall in only 30 minutes a night and he's been better than wall on defense this year. Higher AST %, better + / -, Way higher TS, there's really nothing John Wall does better than CP except score and even then, he plays way more minutes than CP.

I love wall but I'm taking CP still.
same. cp3 is tied with harden for my favorite pg. cp3 isn't a scoring machine YET scores efficiently at a high clip. hes the definition of a floor general. accurately averaging 18ppg and ur hardly looking to score yourself is impressive. hes ur favorite point guard's favorite point guard. period. and that period means im right.

Last edited:

John Wall better than Westbrook and Harden
I think they're all more or less equal, just my opinion.

They all carry some, if not most of the load for their teams as they're all on just decent teams at the moment. Wall has Beal & Otto Porter, but that depends on them being healthy. Harden also has decent help with Ryan Anderson, Beverley, and Ariza. Westbrook has Oladipo really, Steven Adams & Kanter are debatable. 

It's hard to say this season since the Thunder are the only ones who really took a blow in FA and trades, making them just a decent team this year. The Rockets & Wizards were already decent, maybe a little better than decent, in my opinion, last year and haven't really added much to make either one of them better.

Wall is 9th in double doubles. Curry isn't in the top 36 and they have better shooters then Washington does.

Wall is 2nd in steals. Curry is 14th.

Wall is the only player in the NBA who averages 20 10 with 2 steals a game.

Curry is a great scorer. He's not the floor general Wall is. You wouldn't catch Wall throwing behind the back passes out of bounds in a clutch moment. That's what separates the scorers from the true PGs. Being a floor general. The Warriors were in panic mode down the stretch in game 7 last year on offense.

Last edited:

i

Aint seen you talk about this dude in a minute
1317_emoji_iphone_thinking_face.png

Wall is 9th in double doubles. Curry isn't in the top 36.

Curry is a great scorer. He's not the floor general Wall is. You wouldn't catch Wall throwing behind the back passes out of bounds in a clutch moment. That's what separates the scorers from the true PGs. Being a floor general. The Warriors were in panic mode down the stretch in game 7 last year on offense.

Again......I'm a big time John wall fan......me, @JJs07, @frshstunna and a few others were doing the "heavy lifting" in here when the Wizards were struggling.....and you were "too focused on the skins"......

But in no realm is John Wall better than Steph Curry. And I mean that with the utmost respect to my man Wall. Whose one of the realest in the NBA and a top 10-15 player in his own right.

Bron/Steph/KD sit at their own table.

Wall just ain't there yet. That's not a knock on him.

Wall is 9th in double doubles. Curry isn't in the top 36 and they have better shooters then Washington does.

Very well said.
To me, neither Curry, Westbrook nor Kyrie can be considered as PGs.
They are SGs playing on the PG Position.
Imagine Magic would be selfish and average 25+ ppg instead of dishing out the ball he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom