Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Barkley laughs off LeBron James' barbs, stands by critique of Cavaliers star

A day after LeBron James called him a "hater" and dug up some personal history, TNT analyst Charles Barkley says he stands by his criticism of the Cleveland Cavaliers' star player.

"I stick by what I said, I'm not going to make this personal ... he was all whiny last week," Barkley said on the Waddle & Silvy show on ESPN Radio. "... I'm good and I'm straightforward, I'm never going to get personal on an NBA player."

Last week, Barkley said James was being "whiny" for publicly stating the Cavs need to bring in another playmaker.

"Inappropriate. Whiny. All of the above," Barkley said of James last week. "The Cleveland Cavaliers, they have given him everything he wanted. They have the highest payroll in NBA history. He wanted J.R. Smith last summer, they paid him. He wanted [Iman] Shumpert last summer. They brought in Kyle Korver. He's the best player in the world. Does he want all of the good players? He don't want to compete? He is an amazing player. They're the defending champs."

James, clearly irked by Barkley's comments, told ESPN's Dave McMenamin on Monday night that he won't let Barkley "disrespect my legacy like that," and took some personal shots at the Hall of Famer.

"I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas," James told ESPN on Monday. "I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying."
TNT analyst Charles Barkley laughed off LeBron James' rant directed at the Hall of Famer. Gary Dineen/NBAE via Getty Images

When asked Tuesday if he felt James crossed the line, Barkley said it was a case of shooting the messenger and that he had no issues with James' remarks.

"I was laughing, clearly he did some homework ... he Googled me and found some things," Barkley said. "He was young when I was playing so I appreciate that, but I'm not upset about it ... my criticism was fair and I'm good with that."

Despite drawing the ire of one of the biggest names in the sport, Barkley said he doesn't plan to rein in his opinions.

"Some of the stuff he said about me is correct -- doesn't make the message I said about him incorrect," Barkley said. "Some of them are intimidated about LeBron [but] I'm not intimidated at all."

Last edited:
bet bread you voted for trump. if you arent 16. Not sure which.

Since when did facts and what actually happened because excuses? Dawg you are corny.

Dude you're just making excuses.
I would never in life vote for an idiot like trump. So your bread is gone.
Way older than 16.
Ima say this right now, if you are older than 19, with more than 27k post on here. Bro you have no room on earth to talk about anyone on this forum in any kind of way. More than likely you are going to blow it off with the fake "I still get yams tho" quote, but there is no way in hell you are more than 19 years old with 27k post on nike talk, no way in hell. If you are, Enough said bro, Enough said. Im done talking to you on this forum from here on out. I can understand you being 19 or less in your moms basement, posting all day of your life, but if you are older...Aw man.

So how old are you Freeze let us know real quick.

reaching. hella reaching. it's not hard to post on the internet. Especially with all the technology we have at out fingertips. Laptops, cellphones, tablets, etc. I have something within arms reach the majority of the day. And I have a corporate career so I'm always on a computer.

For the record though, I'm 29.

And, geezus cryst, cant believe I even have to reason with a hamster, but your logic is so garbage, wouldn't it be worse if I was 19 with 27k, as opposed to older and having been here for a long time to accumulate posts? Have several seats, you can't win an argument with me. Your bulb not bright enough slim

Last edited:
Lebron shouldn't have attacked all of Barkley's personal problems. Barkley kept it basketball related, but Lebron's frustration and emotions of losing recently has led him to be immature on his part.

Last edited:
reaching. hella reaching. it's not hard to post on the internet.

And, geezus cryst, cant believe I even have to reason with a hamster, but your logic is so garbage, wouldn't it be worse if I was 19 with 27k, as opposed to older and having been here for a long time to accumulate posts? Have several seats, you can't win an argument with me. Your bulb not bright enough slim

Me and you have nothing to talk about from here on out. You 29 posting 27k post on Niketalk, you post all week all day, what normal person living in society does this? :rofl: aint no way in hell.
Im done talking with you dude. You can slander lebron and the cavs all you want, as long as the lakers are trash and the Cavs keep winning, Im good. You 29 with 27k post on nike talk? Im done bro, You Blocked from here on out. You cant be serious. :rofl:

Naw fam. :rofl:

Last edited:
Charles Barkley laughs off LeBron James' barbs, stands by critique of Cavaliers star

A day after LeBron James called him a "hater" and dug up some personal history, TNT analyst Charles Barkley says he stands by his criticism of the Cleveland Cavaliers' star player.

"I stick by what I said, I'm not going to make this personal ... he was all whiny last week," Barkley said on the Waddle & Silvy show on ESPN Radio. "... I'm good and I'm straightforward, I'm never going to get personal on an NBA player."

Last week, Barkley said James was being "whiny" for publicly stating the Cavs need to bring in another playmaker.

"Inappropriate. Whiny. All of the above," Barkley said of James last week. "The Cleveland Cavaliers, they have given him everything he wanted. They have the highest payroll in NBA history. He wanted J.R. Smith last summer, they paid him. He wanted [Iman] Shumpert last summer. They brought in Kyle Korver. He's the best player in the world. Does he want all of the good players? He don't want to compete? He is an amazing player. They're the defending champs."

James, clearly irked by Barkley's comments, told ESPN's Dave McMenamin on Monday night that he won't let Barkley "disrespect my legacy like that," and took some personal shots at the Hall of Famer.

"I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas," James told ESPN on Monday. "I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying."
TNT analyst Charles Barkley laughed off LeBron James' rant directed at the Hall of Famer. Gary Dineen/NBAE via Getty Images

When asked Tuesday if he felt James crossed the line, Barkley said it was a case of shooting the messenger and that he had no issues with James' remarks.

"I was laughing, clearly he did some homework ... he Googled me and found some things," Barkley said. "He was young when I was playing so I appreciate that, but I'm not upset about it ... my criticism was fair and I'm good with that."

Despite drawing the ire of one of the biggest names in the sport, Barkley said he doesn't plan to rein in his opinions.

"Some of the stuff he said about me is correct -- doesn't make the message I said about him incorrect," Barkley said. "Some of them are intimidated about LeBron [but] I'm not intimidated at all."

lmaooo Bron out here pulling up info like the jock at school pulling up juvie articles about the new transfer student that caught the eye of his gf.

Me and you have nothing to talk about from here on out. You 29 posting 27k post on Niketalk, you post all week all day, what normal person living in society does this? :rofl: aint no way in hell.
Im done talking with you dude. You can slander lebron and the cavs all you want, as long as the lakers are trash and the Cavs keep winning, Im good. You 29 with 27k post on nike talk? Im done bro, You Blocked from here on out. You cant be serious. :rofl:

Talk about straw man

reaching. hella reaching. it's not hard to post on the internet.

please block me. You're trying your hardest to get lol's but you're just not funny fam. jokes should come with a disclaimer: do not try this at home

You're talking about my post count, i made the posts lmao. that doesnt bother me.

But I'll borrow a play for your bae, and guarantee you than no matter how many posts I have, my life is killing yours in every category imaginable. Bar none. Swallow ya spit.

Last edited:

The crazy part is freeze freeze is actually one of the ***** on NT really getting to it. Courtside seats and all.

***** could prolly pull up on Bron and take a pic with him at a Pistons game in real life :lol:.

But "post count" [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

80% of my post come while I'm at work
laugh.gif

this

That Boogie trade is wild. Unless I'm missing something Phoenix is gonna win that by a landslide.

80% of my post come while I'm at work :lol:

mine do aswell. But fam came after you and has way more post than you do. Naw bruh. No way in hell.

In other news I hope the Cavs get Lance, him and Bron on the same team to me would be :pimp:

What's wrong with trump [emoji]129300[/emoji]

he hates mexicans so much his first executive order was to build a wall

a wall dog

he hates them so much he didnt stop to realize how stupid thats gonna make him look in the history of presidency lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom