Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy ****. And I defended this thread recently when the NFL guys came in here trashing it. :lol: :smh:

Today was like a flashback to last season when sea manup and JumpmanFromDaBay were still around.

Look at you. Emotional. Unlike you I dont get on my knees and lay down for men and encourage others to join me in submission.
I'm sure your king appreciates your efforts though. After all every king needs a queen #relationshipgoals

Emotional? Naw I just asked you a question the same way you asked me one pleighboy. I'm just a fan of the goat. Savanna is brons queen the same way you're lil b's queen. #lgbt #trumpscomingforyounext

Charles Barkley laughs off LeBron James' barbs, stands by critique of Cavaliers star

A day after LeBron James called him a "hater" and dug up some personal history, TNT analyst Charles Barkley says he stands by his criticism of the Cleveland Cavaliers' star player.

"I stick by what I said, I'm not going to make this personal ... he was all whiny last week," Barkley said on the Waddle & Silvy show on ESPN Radio. "... I'm good and I'm straightforward, I'm never going to get personal on an NBA player."

Last week, Barkley said James was being "whiny" for publicly stating the Cavs need to bring in another playmaker.

"Inappropriate. Whiny. All of the above," Barkley said of James last week. "The Cleveland Cavaliers, they have given him everything he wanted. They have the highest payroll in NBA history. He wanted J.R. Smith last summer, they paid him. He wanted [Iman] Shumpert last summer. They brought in Kyle Korver. He's the best player in the world. Does he want all of the good players? He don't want to compete? He is an amazing player. They're the defending champs."

James, clearly irked by Barkley's comments, told ESPN's Dave McMenamin on Monday night that he won't let Barkley "disrespect my legacy like that," and took some personal shots at the Hall of Famer.

"I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas," James told ESPN on Monday. "I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying."
TNT analyst Charles Barkley laughed off LeBron James' rant directed at the Hall of Famer. Gary Dineen/NBAE via Getty Images

When asked Tuesday if he felt James crossed the line, Barkley said it was a case of shooting the messenger and that he had no issues with James' remarks.

"I was laughing, clearly he did some homework ... he Googled me and found some things," Barkley said. "He was young when I was playing so I appreciate that, but I'm not upset about it ... my criticism was fair and I'm good with that."

Despite drawing the ire of one of the biggest names in the sport, Barkley said he doesn't plan to rein in his opinions.

"Some of the stuff he said about me is correct -- doesn't make the message I said about him incorrect," Barkley said. "Some of them are intimidated about LeBron [but] I'm not intimidated at all."

And there we have it. Most people know who Barkley is/was. Nothing he said was new or unknown, to be frank. Unless you're under the age of 21 and never saw Barkley play.

Barkley criticized LeBron James as a basketball player. LeBron criticized Barkley as a person. Two very different points. LeBron needs to grow up and get some perspective.

Reactions: OTG
Hope the Suns pull this off, all but assures us finishing in the top 2 in the lottery. I'm assuming it's this year's pick so the Kings don't actually make out bad either. Get a young prospect and since Philly can swap picks with them they'll have one in a really deep draft.

This is one of those days when the NBA Thread is the worst thread on NT. People pocket watching, trolls trolling.....The NFL thread was right :lol: :smh:

And there we have it. Most people know who Barkley is/was. Nothing he said was new or unknown, to be frank. Unless you're under the age of 21 and never saw Barkley play.

Barkley criticized LeBron James as a basketball player. LeBron criticized Barkley as a person. Two very different points. LeBron needs to grow up and get some perspective.

Well put.

Case closed.

Pretty much, he didn't or couldn't refute the content of the message so he went at the messenger instead. That's what people do when there's truth in the criticism, they deflect.

Lebron can do no right in here :smh:

Bron is one of the greatest players of all time. One of the best from nothing to something stories we've seen. A good dude...who put his team on, and continues to be a model on and off the court.

With that being said....he CAN fail at times. AND be wrong as well.

Today....he was wrong. Even if it was @ that f-boy Chuck. He was still wrong.

Pretty much, he didn't or couldn't refute the content of the message so he went at the messenger instead. That's what people do when there's truth in the criticism, they deflect.
boom

Lebron probably leads the league for the most minutes of everybody in the NBA, has always been the backup point guard, and hasn't had a full off season in 7 years. Why is he getting killed for wanting a backup point guard?

Last edited:
Lebron probably lead the most minutes of everybody in the NBA, has always been the backup point guard and hasn't had a full off season in 7 years. Why is he getting killed for wanting a backup point guard?

People act like he asked for Kevin Durant or some **** [emoji]128557[/emoji]
5 foot Kay ******* Felder can't be the backup point on a championship team bruh

Last edited:
Lebron probably leads the league for the most minutes of everybody in the NBA, has always been the backup point guard, and hasn't had a full off season in 7 years. Why is he getting killed for wanting a backup point guard?

That's not all he's whining about or has been doing since this slump.

The crazy part is @Freeze is actually one of the ***** on NT really getting to it. Courtside seats and all.

***** could prolly pull up on Bron and take a pic with him at a Pistons game in real life :lol:.

But "post count" [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Hold on...Let me ask this here real quick....
Who here on Nike talk cant by court side tickets?
Ive spent more on one pair of shoes than what those tickets cost. We are on Nike talk arnt we? We here arnt a bunch of broke dudes in here you know.

You out here capping for another poster? Ew

This is one of those days when the NBA Thread is the worst thread on NT. People pocket watching, trolls trolling.....The NFL thread was right
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Analytical sports discussions are cool but talking **** is an integral part of being a sports fan.

Gotta have some days like this every once in a while. Think of it like a cheat day during a diet 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom