Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston shouldn't give up their picks or young players for melo, he doesn't change much for em ...they still gona lost in the playoffs regardless, rather have high draft picks n developing talent than lose with an aging Melo

The Knicks and Clippers are discussing a deal for Carmelo Anthony that does not include Chris Paul, Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan going to New York, the Daily News has learned.

The Knicks, according to a source, are open to trading Anthony to Los Angeles even if they don't get one of the Clippers' Big 3 in return.
No deal is imminent and, in fact, the Knicks will likely seek a better offer since the NBA trade deadline is Feb. 23.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...lo-anthony-celtics-clippers-article-1.2956386
How Sway :lol:

The Knicks and Clippers are discussing a deal for Carmelo Anthony that does not include Chris Paul, Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan going to New York, the Daily News has learned.

The Knicks, according to a source, are open to trading Anthony to Los Angeles even if they don't get one of the Clippers' Big 3 in return.
No deal is imminent and, in fact, the Knicks will likely seek a better offer since the NBA trade deadline is Feb. 23.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...lo-anthony-celtics-clippers-article-1.2956386

this would be :smokin

phil is sooo desperate

How Sway
laugh.gif
Their options are reallyyyy limited because of Melo's NTC.

Because of that, they have to discuss around what LAC is willing to do, and Blake is not on the table so, yeah.

How Sway :lol:
Probly JJ, a couple of their recent draft picks and a future pick to get it done

i'm guessing they move jamla and maybe jj and wes for melo. maybe austin since doc doesnt like him and felton has been pretty solid for them.

Last edited:
Goat pg
Top 5 two way SG
Goat olympic basketball player
MVP/dunk contest champ/stand up comic
Best defensive 5, league leader in fg%

How is this supposed to be fair to the rest of the league? :smh:

i'm guessing they move jamla and maybe jj and wes for melo. maybe austin since felton has been pretty solid for them.
It would have to be Austin and / or Jamal + some filler. I don't know how they would not ask for at least some type of youth in return in Austin.

IIRC, the Clips don't have to give away JJ to make it happen.

Also, another reason why the Blake for Melo thing is off the table, is because the Knicks would have to trade away Rose too.

"Gilbert paid $82 million in salaries and $7 million in luxury tax in 2014-15, when the Cavs reached the NBA Finals. Last season, when Cleveland won the championship, Gilbert paid $107 million in salaries and $54 million in luxury tax.

The Cavs (30-14) are currently committed to $127.6 million in salaries and $27 million in luxury taxes for this season. They have spent more than any other NBA team over the three-year span."

Sheeeeeesh! :wow:

It would have to be Austin and / or Jamal + some filler. I don't know how they would not ask for at least some type of youth in return in Austin.

IIRC, the Clips don't have to give away JJ to make it happen.

JJ and Austin fit what Phil is trying to put around Zinger.

Melo just need to bounce. I get all that leaving in NY, your brand **** but why would you stay somewhere where THEY DONT WANT YO ***. Phil won't stop talking and taking shots at you.

JJ and Austin fit what Phil is trying to put around Zinger.
But the Clippers don't have to part with JJ, and I can't imagine that they would want to:
If the Clippers send Austin, Jamal, Wesley, and Alan Anderson to the Knicks, they can create an even bigger TPE and force Melo to decline his bonus. From New York’s perspective, this is simply one trade—Anthony goes out (24.5M) and Rivers, Crawford, Johnson, and Anderson come back (30.8M), which is a legal trade. From the Clippers’ perspective, it works as two trades:

Rivers (11M) goes to the Knicks for nothing, creating an 11M TPE, and

Crawford, Johnson, and Anderson (19.8M) go to the Knicks for Anthony (24.5M), which is a legal trade

Since the Clippers would be sending out $19,861,443 in salary in the Anthony trade, the max that they’d be able to bring back would be $24,926,804—that gives Carmelo only about $500,000 of his trade bonus, forcing him to waive the rest for the trade to go through. It actually increases the Clippers’ wiggle room under the hard cap, since they’re sending out more salary than they’re taking back, and it takes LAC out of taxpayer territory by a few million. Then, next season when they likely won’t be restricted by the hard cap, they’ll have that $11 million Rivers TPE to work with—we’ve seen how valuable those big exceptions have been for Cleveland in adding role players for nothing.

Playing with the trade machine, I think it'll have to be Crawford AND Rivers at least.

Trading away Redick would be dumb.

Last edited:
Really never understood how doc was able to sign Austin to begin. Should be a major conflict of interest to have your son on the squad.
I dont remember Karl having his son on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom