Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It's hard to see that if he continues to play the same iso ball. Plus I wonder how it will affect the team chemistry and Zeke's production.

They'd def be favored over the Raptors whose 2 best players go into the gutter when playoff time starts. Especially if Toronto isn't going to make a move to improve themselves. Hell Boston is only a .5 game back now in the standings.

Melo to the clip set would be interesting/amusing but ultimately the same result. Don't really see him moving the needle for any team. His game doesn't translate to wins unless it's against, like, Peru.

i guess ill be alone here but i really don't see melo moving the needle for boston. they're 3rd now, I'm not sure melo even puts them over toronto, let alone cleveland. 
Like I said, he does nothing to make them actually better. They need help boarding and defending.

Melo was pretty good when he had A.I. in Denver think at worst that'd be a lite version in Boston. He'd definitely have to commit to more effort on the defensive end though.

nobody is gonna trade for melo :lol:
give up assets for that contract at his age...if he didn't have a no trade clause i could see a team like sac or denver getting in the mix but not any of the top 4 seeds in either conference

Boston is NOT giving up that pick for Melo.

Maybe (big maybe) the next years pick.

Something like Jaylen/Jerekbo/Nets 2018 would have to be it.

But Melo not waiving to go to Beantown.

It is Clips or Cavs.

Cavs will sit and revisit this trade later on before the dealine.

Last edited:
Ehh, if the Knicks make his life miserable enough, I'd think he would consider Boston.

Question is whether Boston would consider him really.

Also, no way Utah is letting Hayward walk this summer.

How about Brook Lopez for Greg Monroe?
*looks up Monroe's contract* 
grin.gif

Brook is well respected and liked in the organization. Don't see it happening for Monroe. Throw in a 1st rounder or two, maybe

But I do think Brook will be traded to playoff team, just like what they did with Thad young

Last edited:
Melo was at his best when he had Chauncey that one year. That's the only time he made a conference finale. He needs to play with somebody that's a leader and floor general.

Ehh, if the Knicks make his life miserable enough, I'd think he would consider Boston.

Question is whether Boston would consider him really.

Also, no way Utah is letting Hayward walk this summer.
How could this season be anymore miserable without violating the law?

Boston will consider him, Ainge has to be realistic about where the team is and where they can go. Doesn't look like Boogie will be on the table anymore, Hayward is likely not leaving Utah either given the money and his role as the go to guy on that team. So what exactly is he going to do with those picks, draft another PG this year when you have IT2? Keep next year's pick and still be capped at the damage you can do in the playoffs? Melo does improve their team and chances undoubtedly, despite how much everyone is ******** on him right now. He'd be an excellent 2nd option for them, And you're literally the fragility of Kyrie or Love away from doing something really special if you make that move. The time is now for Bboston.

Boston will consider him, Ainge has to be realistic about where the team is and where they can go. Doesn't look like Boogie will be on the table anymore, Hayward is likely not leaving Utah either given the money and his role as the go to guy on that team. So what exactly is he going to do with those picks, draft another PG this year when you have IT2? Keep next year's pick and still be capped at the damage you can do in the playoffs? Melo does improve their team and chances undoubtedly, despite how much everyone is ******** on him right now. He'd be an excellent 2nd option for them, And you're literally the fragility of Kyrie or Love away from doing something really special if you make that move. The time is now for Bboston.

That's Real Talk.

Boston need something. And anything they have would trump Clips all day, The only problem is convincing Melo to waive to go there.

Last edited:

this is true, but melo just is an iso heavy volume shooter with poor defense..
but i agree with your point boston and toronto have to be looking to upgrade their starting lineup because the east might be for the taking this year

The Knicks and Clippers are discussing a deal for Carmelo Anthony that does not include Chris Paul, Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan going to New York, the Daily News has learned.

The Knicks, according to a source, are open to trading Anthony to Los Angeles even if they don't get one of the Clippers' Big 3 in return.
No deal is imminent and, in fact, the Knicks will likely seek a better offer since the NBA trade deadline is Feb. 23.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...lo-anthony-celtics-clippers-article-1.2956386

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom