Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gilbert paid $82 million in salaries and $7 million in luxury tax in 2014-15, when the Cavs reached the NBA Finals. Last season, when Cleveland won the championship, Gilbert paid $107 million in salaries and $54 million in luxury tax.

The Cavs (30-14) are currently committed to $127.6 million in salaries and $27 million in luxury taxes for this season. They have spent more than any other NBA team over the three-year span."

Sheeeeeesh!
eek.gif
moaaarrrrrr

How would the Clippers/Knicks trade help the Clippers? They wouldn't have a bench at all.

I hope the Knicks blow this whole thing up asap for picks and young prospects...they might be the tank we need [emoji]128520[/emoji]

Playing with the trade machine, I think it'll have to be Crawford AND Rivers at least.

Trading away Redick would be dumb.

JJ is a UFA though this summer. Doubt they could retain him with Melo on the books too.

I'm not expecting the #1 pick....

I'd he happy with Jerebko/AmirJohnson/Jaylen Brown for Melo

Think Jaylen Brown is going to be really good and that's a great return for him. Maybe even get a non-Brooklyn 1st round pick as well.

Realistically, what teams do you think Melo would waive his NTC for?

Really never understood how doc was able to sign Austin to begin. Should be a major conflict of interest to have your son on the squad.
I dont remember Karl having his son on the team.
huh? 
laugh.gif

how is that a conflict of interest. karl's son wasn't on his teams because he was barely an nba player to begin with. doc's son was a lottery pick. 

JJ went from a guy that never looked like he would have a tattoo to having a whole sleeve. I guess he's never leaving LA

Last edited:
Redick loves LA too much, Balmer has the money and Doc sway vets to ring chase.

JJ could get 10-15 mil easy. Don't care how much he loves LA he's not turning that money down. He can still live here in the offseason. Their cap constraints especially with CP0 opting out and wanting a max deal would be even worse with Melo.

DMC named as a reserve in the ASG and will compete in the skills challenge

More leaks later

Reserves so far

East

Wall

West

DMC

Teams should not be allowed to go over the salary cap. Cap penalties should be ridiculous. That would get rid of this superteam era quickly. Make the nba a better product.
There should either be No Cap at all or a Definite Cap.

Even a Hard Cap where you are just penalized with loss of Draft Picks or Heavy fines is stupid and unfair, and benefits the Richer teams yet again.

Spend whatever you want, or don't spend more than _____, period.

The Celtics have without a doubt the best assets to get Carmelo and could make the best package as a result.

But the Celtics need defense, and rebounding. Melo doesn't help with this.

That being said, I don't think Melo will get traded.
They also need someone to take pressure of Lil Zeke in the playoffs. He's career 38%, 25% from 3 in the postseason.

Melo wouldn't make them a perfect team, but he'd help them a ton.

If I'm the Clippers, I'm blowing my bench up to get Melo.

They aren't winning the championship this year so they might as well get a jump start on next season.

Don't see what clippers would give up. I don't see the point in swapping griffin for melo. That's a wash basically so
Like I've been saying, IMO it would be some combo of Austin/Wejo/Brice and 2 future first (2021 and 2023) if there isn't a 3rd team involved which is good value, considering the list of teams that Melo would waive his NTC is extremely small
Say what? 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom