Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should either be No Cap at all or a Definite Cap.

Even a Hard Cap where you are just penalized with loss of Draft Picks or Heavy fines is stupid and unfair, and benefits the Richer teams yet again.

Spend whatever you want, or don't spend more than _____, period.
agree 1000 percent My dude. A league where every star had his own squad would make the product so much better. Enough of this colluding ish.

Say what? 
laugh.gif
How do you totally ignore the last part lol from what we've heard, the cavs (he shot that down) and the Clippers are the two teams he would waive his NTC for. Out of the cavs and Clippers, that package is solid, relative to that.

Last edited:
That's why I don't think the Boston scenario makes any sense (aside for the Knicks.) Melo would probably be in the same position as the '13 Knicks team that beat the C's in round 1.

He may not even want to go to SAS, because it's in the middle of Texas. He has a brand to maintain, which was part of the reason why he wanted to go to NY in the first place.

My gut says he doesn't leave this season and Phil does. There is no point going to any other team besides GS or Clev, because no other team stands a chance to make it to the Finals.

If the Knicks were smart they'd trade him to the Celtics for Jaylen Brown, somebody else and the Nets pick this year. IT-Bradley-Crowder-Melo-Horford could legitimately contend this year...that would be a good mix of players. And for the Knicks they could troll Brooklyn that they have their #1 pick in the draft that they could build around with Kristaps and Jaylen Brown. That would be the smartest option for all parties rather than just making Melo happy by taking 20 cents on the dollar for him from the Clippers or Cavs.

I don't understand this "brand" thing that some of you talk about too. What brand is this? Nobody buys any of his Jordan **** and LaLa is an E list celeb in Hollywood world.

Last edited:
I think Melo in LAC could work, especially considering how LAC seems to shoot themselves in the foot in the playoffs. They could use another scorer to alleviate some of the playmaking responsibilities on Paul and Blake.

Melo at the 4 and Blake at the 5 could counter the hack a jordan plan.

How LAC pulls it off is beyond me.

If the Knicks were smart they'd trade him to the Celtics for Jaylen Brown, somebody else and the Nets pick this year. IT-Bradley-Crowder-Melo-Horford could legitimately contend this year...that would be a good mix of players. And for the Knicks they could troll Brooklyn that they have their #1 pick in the draft that they could build around with Kristaps and Jaylen Brown. That would be the smartest option for all parties rather than just making Melo happy by taking 20 cents on the dollar for him from the Clippers or Cavs.

I don't understand this "brand" thing that some of you talk about too. What brand is this? Nobody buys any of his Jordan **** and LaLa is an E list celeb in Hollywood world.

It's not a literal brand, my guy.

Melo actually has a lot of different endeavors outside of basketball.

But I do agree with the trade scenario you suggested. Makes sense for both parties. I just don't think Melo would be okay going to Boston. Although, it's only 1.5 hours away from NYC and he wouldn't have to uplift his family away from NY either.

Last edited:
According to Stephen A Smith, KD is a better closer than Lebron. He would rather rely on KD "marksmanship" in clutch moments than Lebron who is a "spotty shooter" :smokin

Last edited:
It's not a literal brand, my guy.

Melo actually has a lot of different endeavors outside of basketball.

But I do agree with the trade scenario you suggested. Makes sense for both parties. I just don't think Melo would be okay going to Boston. Although, it's only 1.5 hours away from NYC and he wouldn't have to uplift his family away from NY either.

All I'm saying is the dudes making the most money off of endorsements have been coming out of Cleveland, Oakland and Oklahoma City for the past few years. Nobody is buying the Melos or CP3's even though those guys are notable stars in NYC and LA. If you're on a winning team people will like you again and your product will sell itself.

I think Melo in LAC could work, especially considering how LAC seems to shoot themselves in the foot in the playoffs. They could use another scorer to alleviate some of the playmaking responsibilities on Paul and Blake.

Melo at the 4 and Blake at the 5 could counter the hack a jordan plan.

How LAC pulls it off is beyond me.
From Twitter: (I still think he remains a Knick at least until the summer)
 The basics: Melo makes about $24.5M. Melo has a trade kicker, so his incoming salary ends up being $29.5M. The Clippers can take back 125% of outgoing salary, plus $100,000. The Clippers can't take back more than 2.6M extra because of hard cap. Carmelo can all or part waive his trade kicker, but ONLY enough that's necessary to make the trade math legal, not voluntarily.

Something like this:

1--Jamal/WeJo/Anderson for Melo 2--Another Piece for TPE "Another Piece" works with Austin, JJ, or Pierce.

If Knicks want all three SGs (Jamal, Austin, and JJ), Clippers need Lee back

1: Jamal/WeJo/Anderson for Melo

2: Rivers for Lee 3: JJ for TPE

I'd absolutely do if i were NYK.

Shut down young krisp for a minute, let D Rose go yolo and it end up with a top 5 pick

Last edited:

Say what? 
laugh.gif
How do you totally ignore the last part lol from what we've heard, the cavs (he shot that down) and the Clippers are the two teams he would waive his NTC for. Out of the cavs and Clippers, that package is solid, relative to that.
I didn't ignore the last part.

Just because Cavs and Clippers are two of the few teams he will consider, doesn't mean that proposal is a good value.

Good Value isn't relative to the circumstance or your proposal at all.

Now if you said this is "likely the best value or only option available" I could understand, but trying to talk yourself into that being a good deal, doesn't make it a good deal.

If the only Butt I can get is from a girl with a STD riddled vag, it doesn't make it Safe Sex for me to run up bareback because it's my only option, it just makes it my only option.

Last edited:

I didn't ignore the last part.

Just because Cavs and Clippers are two of the few teams he will consider, doesn't mean that proposal is a good value.

Good Value isn't relative to the circumstance or your proposal at all.

Now if you said this is "likely the best value or only option available" I could understand, but trying to talk yourself into that being a good deal, doesn't make it a good deal.

If the only Butt I can get is from a girl with a STD riddled vag, it doesn't make it Safe Sex for me to run up bareback because it's my only option, it just makes it my only option.
Lol okay,

It's likely their best value or only real option available. You got what I meant
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Somebody please explain to me in what world would Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers and JJ Reddick be valuable for the Knicks this year.

If Melo is willing to go to Boston then he'd put himself in a better situation not having to compete with the Warriors and Spurs and having only a struggling Cavs team to worry about while the Knicks also putting themselves in a perfect situation to possibly have the #1 pick in this year's draft, their own probable top 5 pick, the Celtics #3 pick this year and Porzingis to build around. It would make all the sense in the world for this trade to happen if Melo isn't worried about his imaginary "brand" that's not even going to make him an All-Star this year.

I wouldn't give up a top 3 pick for Melo.

Knicks don't need to be competitive this year. Taking on family men is probably helpful to landing a big time talent

Realistically, he shouldn't waive his clause for any team out West not named Golden State or San Antonio. Going to Clips may help them but not nearly enough to beat either the Dubs or the Spurs come playoff time and if we're being honest, the Clippers are going to Clippers come playoff time anyway.

Go to a team that has a realistic chance of getting out of their conference. Make the East great again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom