Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Individually or as a 3 team deal?
nerd.gif
Armed with a hope that Carmelo Anthony will eventually waive his no-trade clause, the New York Knicks have reached out to the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers to probe their interest in a trade, league sources told The Vertical.

Knicks president Phil Jackson is determined to find a destination and deal that Anthony would agree to accept before the Feb. 23 NBA trade deadline, league sources said.

Jackson is determined to rid the roster of Anthony and his contract, and start rebuilding around Kristaps Porzingis, league sources said.

The Clippers are a team that would interest Anthony, league sources said.

Anthony makes $24.6 million this season and has $54 million remaining over the next two years of his contract. His deal includes a 15 percent trade kicker and a player option for the 2018-19 season.

ESPN first reported the Knicks contact with the Cavaliers.
nerd.gif

Don't see what clippers would give up. I don't see the point in swapping griffin for melo. That's a wash basically so
Like I've been saying, IMO it would be some combo of Austin/Wejo/Brice and 2 future first (2021 and 2023) if there isn't a 3rd team involved which is good value, considering the list of teams that Melo would waive his NTC is extremely small

this is not good for the clips

but more than likely JJ, Crawford and/or austin are included

but doc gon doc
JJ doesn't make enough money to be included, IIRC.

Austin has made incredible strides this season, and I would really hate to see him go, but Melo with the Clippers core 4 would move the needle.

Still wouldn't be better than the warriors, but they wouldn't need as much in return.

The Knicks are kind of held hostage with where Melo wants to go if that article is correct and Phil is adamant about moving melo.

Phil Jackson not playing [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Like I've been saying, IMO it would be some combo of Austin/Wejo/Brice and 2 future first (2021 and 2023) if there isn't a 3rd team involved which is good value, considering the list of teams that Melo would waive his NTC is extremely small
But a 2023 pick man that's 7 drafts from now [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Perfect timing to draft LeBron Jr :lol:

For real tho, I want nothing to do with a 2023 pick. I'd rather keep Melo than give him away for a 6th grader.

Clippers going after Melo just doesn't make much sense to me.

Boston would be a great fit, though. If they can somehow not give up too much depth in the deal, they will be legit.

Westbrook is terrible defensively he's always too bouncy out of control chases rebounds instead of contesting shots and just dies after every screen but hey he's athletic.

stats? no way pal.

we need 5 minute reels of defensive blunders in order to call someone bad defensively. 

Lol I know man, and It isn't all that good of a deal for NYK but if they're really serious about moving on from Melo, then they kind of are held hostage unless they get a third team involved. There aren't that many contenders / really good teams that'll trade for Melo or have a desire for Melo.

stats? no way pal.

we need 5 minute reels of defensive blunders in order to call someone bad defensively. 
I mean he made the game winner here after but c'mon this and the nick young game winner is so terrible

You're up 3 and there's a big chance that Gordon Hayward is gonna take that and you see him curling yet you don't help to chase the potential rebound that's so ****** up.

Westbrook is terrible defensively he's always too bouncy out of control chases rebounds instead of contesting shots and just dies after every screen but hey he's athletic.

I mean I think most knew this about Westbrook anyway, but it's still funny to see lol

Lol I know man, and It isn't all that good of a deal for NYK but if they're really serious about moving on from Melo, then they kind of are held hostage unless they get a third team involved. There aren't that many contenders / really good teams that'll trade for Melo or have a desire for Melo.
If you're gonna trade all your damn Picks you have to be sure that you can at least compete with Golden State and I still don't think melo would be enough

If you're gonna trade all your damn Picks you have to be sure that you can at least compete with Golden State and I still don't think melo would be enough
There is nothing the Clippers or any team for that matter, can do to "compete" against gsw in a 7 game series unless the NBA magically got rid of the cap. This is just my opinion, but I honestly believe this. I think "compete" is subjective, (Because what's competitive if you lose in 5, or 6) but the point i'm getting at is, no tangible trade is going to make any team better than the warriors.

That being said, the clips are trying to maximize CP's window, and while they won't be better than GSW with Melo, it 1) Breaks up the monotony / staleness of the perceived core and 2) Moves the needle a bit to where you could take full advantage of something if luck broke your way.

I don't think it's a great deal by any means for either parties, but I'm just pointing out what the Clippers could or would be willing to give up for Melo and I understand why they would.

I wish we could put together a package deal for Melo :lol:

He would fit well around Conley / TA / Green / Gasol (all + defenders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom