Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I think Boston could indeed get it done, (Especially if they want to move that Nets pick) but even in that article woj posted today, I've only heard / read Melo wanting to move his NTC to the cavs and clippers. If there's any truth to that, then the Knicks are screwed.

Someone asked yesterday why Phil gave Melo a NTC, I think it was to put Melo in a corner; If Melo agrees to a trade, it'll look like he's ditching the Knicks or if he declines a trade, it'll look like he doesn't care about winning.

Boston needs to get it done. Brown, crowder and nets pick is the best it will get for nyk right now. That pick is more valuable than what anyone else can offer.

Someone asked yesterday why Phil gave Melo a NTC, I think it was to put Melo in a corner; If Melo agrees to a trade, it'll look like he's ditching the Knicks or if he declines a trade, it'll look like he doesn't care about winning.

This is absolutely what he did. And Phil gets no blame cause he tried. Zen.

Last edited:
The Celtics have without a doubt the best assets to get Carmelo and could make the best package as a result.

But the Celtics need defense, and rebounding. Melo doesn't help with this.

That being said, I don't think Melo will get traded.

That was me. I get that but still if you're a front office person you don't give Melo a NTC. Especially when this experiment looked shaky when Phil got there.

The Celtics have without a doubt the best assets to get Carmelo and could make the best package as a result.

But the Celtics need defense, and rebounding. Melo doesn't help with this.

That being said, I don't think Melo will get traded.
Me either. And why the hell would Boston trade a top pick to a team in the same division? Brooklyn tried that now look at em.

Meanwhile, the real tragedy is KP out here playing at 65%, getting froze out by Rose/Melo as they completely stifle his development :smh:

I would love to see CP3 and Melo. CP3 as the floor leader and Melo as the scorer. Wouldn't beat GSW but I think it would work as a second seed next year. CP3, Melo, DJ.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, the real tragedy is KP out here playing at 65%, getting froze out by Rose/Melo as they completely stifle his development
mean.gif
Yeah the real tragedy is that even if you trade Melo to "Build around KP," you're not even at square one on the rebuild. Saw this earlier, but, You still have to do something about that god awful Noah deal, we don't know what phil would do about Rose this summer, you're moving Melo when his net return is probably at it's lowest,

I mean PJ is the real problem in NY, not Melo. Regardless, if I'm boston i'm not moving a #1 pick for him, simply because I dont think Melo makes them better. The Knicks really screwed themselves with the NTC.

Last edited:
Me either. And why the hell would Boston trade a top pick to a team in the same division? Brooklyn tried that now look at em.

They still got the Nets pick for next year too. Midas whale go all in now.

It's a great deal for the Knicks too. You get the Nets pick which at worst will be 4 (can grab a PG for Zinger and let Rose walk) plus you'll be bad enough to get another lottery pick with another solid rotational player given the depth of the draft. Phil will look like a genius.

Last edited:
knicks want too much for Melo....Cs could offer the most without crippling team (not having to give up nets 2017 pick)   but as for clippers deal blake will have to be included for melo deal which probably doesnt improve either team

Cavs aren't that good. It's masked by playing in the East. They'd be a 4-5 seed in the West.

Not sure what point you're making when they beat an all time great team in a seven game series.

Standings really don't matter for them. Be fresh, be healthy

was that more about their skill or the opportunity presenting it self and them taking advantage. They did go down 3-1. The team that let them back in it was technically not the same team with a guy suspended and a main cog hobbled and another out completely. They beat a team, but they werent the better team.

I'm not expecting the #1 pick....

I'd he happy with Jerebko/AmirJohnson/Jaylen Brown for Melo

Think Jaylen Brown is going to be really good and that's a great return for him. Maybe even get a non-Brooklyn 1st round pick as well.

They still got the Nets pick for next year too. Midas whale go all in now.

It's a great deal for the Knicks too. You get the Nets pick which at worst will be 4 (can grab a PG for Zinger and let Rose walk) plus you'll be bad enough to get another lottery pick with another solid rotational player given the depth of the draft.

Meanwhile, the real tragedy is KP out here playing at 65%, getting froze out by Rose/Melo as they completely stifle his development :smh:

PJ is the real problem in NY, not Melo

I'd rather the Celtics go after Hayward in the offseason than after melo now. Almost the same price for a better player and you don't have to give up the lotto pick.

Doubt it was even that deep. Melo knew that the Knicks couldn't afford to let him walk during FA and also knew the state of the franchise. Didn't want them to ship him to Phoenix when things weren't going well and they wanted to blow the whole thing up. 

Westbrook is terrible defensively he's always too bouncy out of control chases rebounds instead of contesting shots and just dies after every screen but hey he's athletic.

Water is wet

They will overlook this though....because "Alpha" and Tripple doubles :lol: :smh:

I'd rather the Celtics go after Hayward in the offseason than after melo now. Almost the same price for a better player and you don't have to give up the lotto pick.

Ainge has been hoarding these picks in an effort to grab a star. There value is at its highest before the actual draft not after.

Hayward is better

I don't think he's leaving Utah tho.

i guess ill be alone here but i really don't see melo moving the needle for boston. they're 3rd now, I'm not sure melo even puts them over toronto, let alone cleveland. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom