Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so with that said let me ask.

what's the difference between tanking "on purpose" and naturally being trash? is an organic loser a better environment for a young player? russel or randle learning some special lessons that nerlens didn't get?

if the lakers suck for the next 3 years are we going to ask the league to step in and do something or nah? 

I think there is a difference. Lakers have tried to field a competitive team in trying to resign Dwight, going after Melo and a host of other free agents that have turned them down over the last 3 years. They've also failed to sell off or even try to get rid of their veteran players which is another clear sign that a team is going full tank. Through no genius of their own they've lucked into top 3 picks the last 2 years and will likely do so again this year. That's totally different than what Hinke was unapologetically doing at the time he was heading the Sixers. As far as better environment I think they're probably both miserable for the players.

Last edited:
Jalen n Chauncey said Cavs need to pull the trigger on Melo. Lol

Edit: And JVG

Wow.

Last edited:
I think there is a difference. Lakers have tried to field a competitive team in trying to resign Dwight, going after Melo and a host of other free agents that have turned them down over the last 3 years. They've also failed to sell off or even try to get rid of their veteran players which is another clear sign that a team is going full tank. Through no genius of their own they've lucked into top 3 picks the last 2 years and will likely do so again this year. That's totally different than what Hinke was unapologetically doing at the time he was heading the Sixers. As far as better environment I think they're probably both miserable for the players.

You think the Sixers have a miserable environment for players right now, or in past years when it was obvious they were trying to tank? Cause every player on the team loves each other this season.

I don't think there's some moral high ground for trying not to suck but sucking anyway. And I don't have a problem with what Hinkie did. The Sixers are clearly better off now than they were in 2013 when he was hired.

Melo over Love all day to me.

Love is a jump shooter. Korver can make up some of that now. He's no different than Love on defense, and a actual threat in the post and good rebounder.

I think he would flourish like Olympic Melo on the Cavs. New role would do him well.

You think the Sixers have a miserable environment for players right now, or in past years when it was obvious they were trying to tank? Cause every player on the team loves each other this season.

Obviously they're winning more now so that helps, but just a couple months ago Noel was crying about minutes and I doubt Jah is happy with his DNPs. That place was a cesspool the last 3 years.

Lol I think it's funny how the Lakers have all this youth on their team but they've genuinely tried to field competitive teams this whole time.

What's worse, winning 17 games when you're trying to make the playoffs? Or actively tanking?

Long as you've been here, surely don't need to be FAQ'd on what a Dipset post is

I'm not sure what a Dipset post is. Please inform me because i've been here since 2006. Also, whoever repped this man, please come forth.
sup

175x400px-LM-5c002108_IMG_0353.jpeg

Lol I think it's funny how the Lakers have all this youth on their team but they've genuinely tried to field competitive teams this whole time.

What's worse, winning 17 games when you're trying to make the playoffs? Or actively tanking?
17 games while trying to make playoffs

They're both bad, but I don't think the league will step in. It's like Sacramento they've sucked for a decade now, but mostly in part due to management's incompetence. That's what the Lakers are suffering from now. A purge is needed up top. You can't embarrass the league though by telling everyone including your ticket buying public that you aren't trying to field a competitive team. It's just different.

That would be a beyond stupid trade for Cleveland. Love, at this point, is a far better player than Melo. Plus, Love has that final seconds of game 7 on Curry tape.

Well at least with the Lakers stinking, they aren't going to fool themselves this summer with where they stand.

lebron crying for help on one of the top two teams in the league? probably more loaded than the warriors?

and throwing the organization and his teammates under the bus?

smh what a *****

***** you in the eastern conference you going to the finals well rested even if your roster was the washington generals...

They're both bad, but I don't think the league will step in. It's like Sacramento they've sucked for a decade now, but mostly in part due to management's incompetence. That's what the Lakers are suffering from now. A purge is needed up top. You can't embarrass the league though by telling everyone including your ticket buying public that you aren't trying to field a competitive team. It's just different.
so basically hinkie ****** up by telling everyone his gameplan? 

lebron crying for help on one of the top two teams in the league? probably more loaded than the warriors?

and throwing the organization and his teammates under the bus?

smh what a *****

***** you in the eastern conference you going to the finals well rested even if your roster was the washington generals...
warriors are the greatest team in history, don't play them by comparing to the Cavs.

LeBrons Cavs went 7 games against a GS team that added arguably the 2nd best player on Earth. He wants to win another Championship. I don't blame him. Cavs are 4-6 in their last 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom