Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine having Dion Waiters as your second best player and trying to make the Playoffs.

Imagine.

I know bynum didn't work out.....but every publication had the Cavs making it to the playoffs the season before Bron got there.....and they ended up with a #1 pick.

John Wall has played and led teams with dysfunctional and oft injured talent. The one constant Wall has had is Gortat (that's a good constant).

let's not forget that 2013-2014 Cavs team was suppose to be a dark horse to make the playoffs and failed miserably. 

remember the whole "debate" over who had the best backcourt between Wall/Beal and Kyrie/Dion going into that season.

Last edited:
[
Dame doesn't have the luxury of playing with Lebron.

Kyrie's efficiency doesn't fall off a cliff in the playoffs.
well kyrie plays with the best player in the world
He was flanked by Batum Matthews & LMA at one point and still struggled at times.

None of whom are LeBron obviously but the spacing on those teams were excellent.

And I'm going to always be skeptical of lil zeke's ability to score in the playoffs until he proves me wrong, but, yes, your point isn't wrong there.

Last edited:
look at their record when LeBron sits and tell me you still think that
I do. I realize that they have a bad record without him but when a team is used to playing in such away with their primary player you might come off a bit suspect. This team is dependent on James for sure.

Give them a full training camp without him and keep everything else in place and I'd be willing to bet they eek out at least and 8th seed.

I liken that to how folks used to think that Miami wouldn't have been a playoff team without Lebron but still having Bosh and Wade. Kyrie and Love aren't scrubs by any means. A team co-led by the two could get in.

I know bynum didn't work out.....but every publication had the Cavs making it to the playoffs the season before Bron got there.....and they ended up with a #1 pick.

John Wall has played and led teams with dysfunctional and oft injured talent. The one constant Wall has had is Gortat (that's a good constant).
Wall clearly had a better constructed team regardless of injuries.

And that Cavs roster didn't play well until they made trades for better players (Deng, Hawes).

Kyrie was out here running with:

Waiters
Deng (Still good)
TT
Hawes (Good spencer Hawes)

And was struggling in 13-14.

Meanwhile....Wall had Prime Garrett Temple as his backcourt buddy for the last two years....and flourished.

Shoutout to Garret Temple though. He got heart.

Killer instinct can't really be measured lol some just have it like Jordan, Kobe, Lebron
killer instinct....lebron in the same sentence ?

indifferent.gif

Last edited:
do a quick google search of 2013-2014 nba preview.

damn near every major media outlet had the cavs as a 7 or 8 seed and the wizards not making it at all. 

Kyrie was out here running with:

Waiters
Deng (Still good)
TT
Hawes (Good spencer Hawes)

And was struggling in 13-14.

Meanwhile....Wall had Prime Garrett Temple as his backcourt buddy for the last two years....and flourished.

Shoutout to Garret Temple though. He got heart.

Gortat is better than any player Kyrie played with before LeBron. Only been in Washington for a few years but he's a perfect roll man for Wall.

Otto Porter's emergence as an elite 3 & D player is pretty crazy, too. He was looking like a lost cause his first 2 years in the league.

Tanking to ensure a high draft pick has been a strategy used by teams recently, but it's not one in which Lakers Coach Luke Walton believes.

“I don’t believe in it,” Walton said. “I believe in trying to play the right way and have a culture that you’re gonna try to win no matter what. You start losing on purpose, I think the basketball gods come back to get you in the long run. Good things aren’t gonna work out for you. We try to do things the right way around here, which means we’re going to play to win. That’s just us.”

"I haven’t spent a lot of time thinking about it,” Walton said. “Philly’s been there for a while. They look like they’re doing pretty well right now but they’re still a long way from being a true contender. I would prefer not to be stuck in the lottery for very long.”

Link

do a quick google search of 2013-2014 nba preview.

damn near every major media outlet had the cavs as a 7 or 8 seed and the wizards not making it at all. 

That's what I was saying.....I remember VIVIDLY

ESPN had Kyrie as the #8 Player in the league then too.

Imagine the #8 player in the NBA leading a projected playoff team in the East to a #1 pick

:lol:

They don't have to try to lose anyway. They tried to be good this year and they're the 2nd worst team in the league ahead of only the Brooklyn no-name squad.

Tanking to ensure a high draft pick has been a strategy used by teams recently, but it's not one in which Lakers Coach Luke Walton believes.

“I don’t believe in it,” Walton said. “I believe in trying to play the right way and have a culture that you’re gonna try to win no matter what. You start losing on purpose, I think the basketball gods come back to get you in the long run. Good things aren’t gonna work out for you. We try to do things the right way around here, which means we’re going to play to win. That’s just us.”

"I haven’t spent a lot of time thinking about it,” Walton said. “Philly’s been there for a while. They look like they’re doing pretty well right now but they’re still a long way from being a true contender. I would prefer not to be stuck in the lottery for very long.”
Link
das my coach

so with that said let me ask.

what's the difference between tanking "on purpose" and naturally being trash? is an organic loser a better environment for a young player? russel or randle learning some special lessons that nerlens didn't get?

if the lakers suck for the next 3 years are we going to ask the league to step in and do something or nah? 

Last edited:
I have no problem with tanking simply because even if you do have the worse record you aren't guaranteed a top 3 pick

Man, as a Laker fan, I'm hoping it's not another 12 years between titles. It may still be early but Russell has left me unconvinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom