Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're too different to compare. Depends on what you what/need your PG to do.

What can Kyrie do for a team that Wall can't?

Two different pg with different styles of play. Kyrie is more of a scoring guard. While wall is more of an all around pg

Wall averages 23 a game and Irving 24. That one point difference isn't enough to out shine all the other things Wall does better.

How does Irvings 24 make him a scorer but Walls 23 doesn't?

Last edited:
It's been this way since 2012.

The fact that it's taken this long for people to realize this is crazy to me.

Kyrie is a monster himself too though
no doubt I enjoy watching Kyrie, his game is enjoyable. I like Kyrie more then Wall. Wall is the better player and it isn't close. Kyrie.
He's just does one thing though. He's a great scorer.

Last edited:
They're too different to compare. Depends on what you what/need your PG to do.

I disagree. I mean they are different, But John Wall is clearly better than Kyrie. Clearly. And I like Kyrie more than John Wall.

Like I said, it depends on what you need. If I need a PG to score I'm taking Kyrie. If I already have a scorer and I need to somebody to make life easier for him I'm taking Wall.

What can Kyrie do for a team that Wall can't?
Wall averages 23 a game and Irving 24. That one point difference isn't enough to out shine all the other things Wall does better.

How does Irvings 24 make him a scorer but Walls 23 doesn't?

I mean that Irving is more a scoring focused guard. Dude would rather take the shot than pass it up. Wall is better player overall. Kyrie only averages 1 more point because he plays with better team where the ball spreads more. Wall plays with just Beal

Long as you've been here, surely don't need to be FAQ'd on what a Dipset post is
I'm not sure what a Dipset post is. Please inform me because i've been here since 2006. Also, whoever repped this man, please come forth.

He ready to scrap
laugh.gif
That's why whoever repped that post isn't going to claim it.

Dipset will put the Knuckles up.
laugh.gif

Wall ain't no great scorer. He can't go off the way Kyrie can. At the same time Kyrie ain't the playmaker/passer or defender that Wall is. They have nothing in common in styles. :lol:

Wall also takes resentment to the attention Kyrie gets. The 2014 ASG sticks out.

The East was losing....and Kyrie already had like 25 garbage points.

Wall and LeBron played real defense...and spearhead a comeback.

Kyrie got All star game MVP.

Afterwards.....the reporter asked Wall what got into him and LeBron to lock in on D, and give that effort.

Wall responded with something like: "oh, you noticed huh"?

:lol:

Kyrie always shines at THE right time. Like him playing poorly in FIBA some years back....but dropping 25 in the final game and getting tournament MVP.

When AD and Farried were the best players for the entire tournament. Or Kyrie making highlight crossovers in all star games.

He has a flare for the moment, great marketing and rises to the occasion.

Wall ain't no great scorer. He can't go off the way Kyrie can. At the same time Kyrie ain't the playmaker/passer or defender that Wall is. They have nothing in common in styles. :lol:

Common sense tells me if Kyrie doesn't pass up shots and is more scoring focused he should be more then one point better then the guy who passes up the shot and is more passing focused.

So either Wall is such a great scorer he can do everything else and still average one point less then Irving or Irving who focuses on scoring isn't the great scorer everyone makes him out to be because he doesn't have to do the other things and can only be one point better then the guy who does.

Last edited:
The Kyrie better then Wall argument is just dumb. Kyrie literally only shoots better just enough to average more then Wall by points of a percentage. Wall does EVERYTHING else better.

I can't take these dudes serious who think Irving is better. There's no metric on earth or stat that says so.
kyrie has never been better than Wall and he definitely isn't this season

The real questions is.... If you are starting up a brand new team right now who would you rather build around Kyrie or Wall?

Wall is better overall but I have to go with kyrie. Dude has that killer instinct few players have

While Wall isn't the scorer that Kyrie is....Kyrie CANT just become an elite defender and passer/playmaker

Wall...can have nights or stretches or even a season where he scores on par with Kyrie.

That's the difference s

The real questions is.... If you are starting up a brand new team right now who would you rather build around Kyrie or Wall?

Wall is better overall but I have to go with kyrie. Dude has that killer instinct few players have
well Wall has won playoff series as the best player on his team and kyrie has never even come close to doing so, therefore it's Wall easily

but that only works if bron is there too. Kyrie isn't a #1 so you cant build around him. He's great at what he does, but he's a 1 trick pony at best. And he's injury prone. We've seen kyrie before bron got there and even in games now when bron sits out and they lose. He's not the guy to build around. At least not currently.

I know its not the current discussion, but

F draft scouting reports

IT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kyrie

Wall and it's not even close. We've seen what a Myrie led team is. Not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom