Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felder absolutely needs more mins.

He hasn't embarrassed himself in the limited run that he's gotten.

Seriously speaking... What exactly gives anyone confidence that SA can beat GS in a 7 game series with there roster constructed as is? They have two AVERAGE defenders at best PG's, Big men who aren't good at defending the pick & Roll or Rim, & several of their key players are even older. I don't see them getting past 5 against GS, it's a HORRID matchup for them.
last time it was brought up I said I'd be surprised if it goes past 5 games. A sweep wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
Might be true.

BUT. What if Warriors get knocked out by Clips in the 2nd round? I give Clips about 30% chance.

Spurs are better than Clips IMO so Spurs will go to finals.

Just saying....
You're generous, the only teams that I think could cause the Dubs problems are SA, HOU and maybe Memphis. I'd give the Clips 5 games at best.

Spurs have gotten better defensively this season. I think they have a puncher's chance against the Dubs. The only team honestly that has a chance.

Last edited:
Seriously speaking... What exactly gives anyone confidence that SA can beat GS in a 7 game series with there roster constructed as is? They have two AVERAGE defenders at best PG's, Big men who aren't good at defending the pick & Roll or Rim, & several of their key players are even older. I don't see them getting past 5 against GS, it's a HORRID matchup for them.

Its the Spurs, no matter what, they can beat any team out there period

Kawhi is decidedly better than Jimmy Butler.

Kawhi has clearly been a top 5 NBA player for the past 2 seasons.

I don't Agree with that At all honestly, Kawhi is a bit more of an efficient scorer, a better three point shooter. Outside of that i don't Think Kawhi is as special as people are bolstering him to be. Kawhi is a Great player but he's not LBJ/KD/Steph level to me in how he can effect a game.

Shouts to him for being the LBJ killer tho :lol:

Spurs have gotten better defensively this season. I think they have a puncher's chance against the Dubs. The only team honestly that has a chance.
Not where it matters. Their PnR defense still isn't where it would need to be to compete with GSW.

4, 5 game series.

Nah Sad Boy Superstar is top 3 now. He's taken that next step. Beast on both ends.

No contenders need Melo. He's pretty much worthless to any contender right now. Would make them worse not better

Melo can help any of the top teams pretty much by swapping one of every team's crappy players for him, which won't happen :lol:

Melo for Brewer/Kyle Anderson/David West/Jonas Jerebko/Kyle Korver in each of those scenarios

We'll see. They haven't played each other since opening night.
I'm not even talking about the regular season. Hell they could very well win another game against SAS before the season is out. That wouldn't change anything to me.

But come playoff time, their weaknesses against the Warriors/Rockets/Clippers are borderline fatal.

I'm not a believer. Pop won't give up on TP, Gasol, LMA, Manu are borderline turnstyles, and other than Kawhi I don't see it against the top tier teams out west with them.

Austin/Wejo/Clips 2021/Clips 2023 would get it done for melo and the Knicks would run with it IMO

Last edited:
I don't Agree with that At all honestly, Kawhi is a bit more of an efficient scorer, a better three point shooter. Outside of that i don't Think Kawhi is as special as people are bolstering him to be. Kawhi is a Great player but he's not LBJ/KD/Steph level to me in how he can effect a game.

Steph KD and Bron sit at their own table. Nobody is ***** with them.

Then theirs the tier below....and it starts with Kawhi and Cp3.

Then theirs a sub tier slightly below that: Your Hardens and Westbrooks of the world.

Then you get into the toss up tier....which is clearly below the previous one. That's where your Jimmy Butler's, White Gordon Hayward, Black Gordon Hawyward, WallStar, Healthy Blake, Draymond, Etc reside.

Kawhi is closer to Bron/Steph/KD than he is to Jimmy ***** Butler :lol:.

And Jimmy Butler is having a CAREER YEAR....and still not ***** with Kawhi.

Last edited:
We'll see. They haven't played each other since opening night.

I'm not even talking about the regular season. Hell they could very well win another game against SAS before the season is out. That wouldn't change anything to me.

But come playoff time, their weaknesses against the Warriors/Rockets/Clippers are borderline fatal.

I'm not a believer. Pop won't give up on TP, Gasol, LMA, Manu are borderline turnstyles, and other than Kawhi I don't see it against the top tier teams out west with them.

Whole lot of fax.

Shouts to him for being the LBJ killer tho
laugh.gif
White Gordon Hayward, Black Gordon Hayward
roll.gif
roll.gif

Steph KD and Bron sit at their own table. Nobody is ***** with them.

Then theirs the tier below....and it starts with Kawhi and Cp3.

Then theirs a sub tier slightly below that: Your Hardens and Westbrooks of the world.

Then you get into the toss up tier....which is clearly below the previous one. That's where your Jimmy Butler's, White Gordon Hayward, Black Gordon Hawyward, WallStar, Healthy Blake, Draymond, Etc reside.

Kawhi is closer to Bron/Steph/KD than he is to Jimmy ***** Butler :lol:.

And Jimmy Butler is having a CAREER YEAR....and still not ***** with Kawhi.

Wavy you're my dude but you're wilding thinking CP3 is better than Westbrook or Harden.

Unadulterated wilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom