Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Those "Big Penis Daddy Durant" comments were coming several times a day, how could you possibly try and side step those.

What's funny and disturbing at the same time is that the late teen early 20 crowd uses this kind of "compliment" like it's cool, now.

I hang out on a DFS Chat forum and when say Boogie is having a great game, the best way these young men can show praise is to say "Boogies D is soooo Big"

Like, this is our world, men complimenting other Men's accomplishment by describing their Penis size. 
tired.gif
 This is strange to a man my age.
slapstick homo humor is certainly all the rage right now.

i don't get it. 

Those "Big Penis Daddy Durant" comments were coming several times a day, how could you possibly try and side step those.

What's funny and disturbing at the same time is that the late teen early 20 crowd uses this kind of "compliment" like it's cool, now.

I hang out on a DFS Chat forum and when say Boogie is having a great game, the best way these young men can show praise is to say "Boogies D is soooo Big"

Like, this is our world, men complimenting other Men's accomplishment by describing their Penis size. |I  This is strange to a man my age.

:rofl: wtf

Like, this is our world, men complimenting other Men's accomplishment by describing their Penis size. |I  This is strange to a man my age.
my nephews all with the suspect jokes thinking its funny when they group text me and they like 19 through 22. I'm like [emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji].

:lol:  you serious?

what alternative is their for melo? he's on a bad team that doesn't want him on the team to begin with. 

lebron has alot more to play for right now. 

ya'll reaching hard w/ this lebron ****.

all he's saying is that they need a backup point guard basically. ya'll acting like he's asking for russell westbrook. 
bruh he lowkey is. His point guard jus dropped 49. He could have said "backup" but he said playmaker ... which I take that with a grain of salt

bron actin like playmakers grown on trees doh lol. And then even if they locate one, how would they go about getting him? No assets to trade and no monies.

laugh.gif
 you serious?

what alternative is their for melo? he's on a bad team that doesn't want him on the team to begin with. 

all he's saying is that they need a backup point guard basically. ya'll acting like he's asking for russell westbrook. 
bruh he lowkey is. His point guard jus dropped 49. He could have said "backup" but he said playmaker ... which I take that with a grain of salt
shaun livingston is a playmaker. he's a backup point guard.

ya'll reading way too much into it.

Random question for my fellow NTers. Are you guys fans of your teams based on a certain player (Lebron, harden, etc.), hometown teams, or just a random team you like out of state? Just curious that's all

I'm a Spurs fan and I've never set foot in Texas. Next time the Spurs make the Finals I'm in there though.

Random question for my fellow NTers. Are you guys fans of your teams based on a certain player (Lebron, harden, etc.), hometown teams, or just a random team you like out of state? Just curious that's all

Hometown team

Pistons fan, hometown team I ride with.

But KD has been my favorite player since early in his career.

laugh.gif
 you serious?

"It's great to have bodies," James said. "Obviously, in the playoffs, you go down to what, eight max? And if somebody gets in foul trouble, you go to nine. You're not playing back-to-backs. You have two days in between. You're able to lock in."

"It's like when you don't have bodies. It's tough," James said. "The f---ing grind of the regular season. We're a top-heavy team. We have a top-heavy team. We top-heavy as s---. It's me, [Kyrie Irving], [Kevin Love]. It's top-heavy."

As he has done for several weeks, James continued to call for a backup point guard or playmaker to be added to the mix to help lessen the load for him and Irving, in particular. James played 44 minutes against New Orleans, racking up 26 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds for his fourth triple-double of the season. Irving played 42 minutes and scored a season-high 49 points.

He said he has already voiced his thoughts about the roster to general manager David Griffin face-to-face. Realizing how it could look to call for a point guard with Felder and DeAndre Liggins on the roster, James said it would not be fair to expect either of those young players to fill such a significant role on a title-contending team.

There were several motivating factors in James' sounding off. Mo Williams didn't report to training camp, leaving the Cavs without a veteran backup at point guard. J.R. Smith's thumb injury, which could sideline him for several more months, left Cleveland without one of its most reliable two-way players.

However, the timing of playing both Golden State and the San Antonio Spurs within a week's time seems to have opened James' eyes even more to the disparity in talent between the Cavs and some of their fiercest championship competition.

"They've got bodies," James said of San Antonio when asked about the Spurs' beating the Cavs without Pau Gasol or Tony Parker. "They've got bodies. For the most part, all championship-contending teams has got guys that are ready to step in. Knock on wood, what if Ky goes down? For two weeks. Let's say two. What if I went down for three weeks?"

James defended Lue for feeling the need to play him and Irving for heavy minutes.

"What else are we going to do?" James said. "You saw the game. Kyrie had to do that. And I tried to mix in my plays. We didn't have no choice. ... We got what we got."

I've loved the Lakers since I was old enough to recognize Eddie Jones. I remember the day he was hurt and Bean got the start over him. It was a dark day in my life when they traded him to Charlotte.

I'll follow certain teams just because I like a player or two on that particular team (KD, Steph, Dame..) I miss the Sonics but I think it's because I love Seattle. Hated the Trailblazers back in 00s but going to Portland changed that. Love the city of Boston and because of that, I don't hate the Celtics as much as I used to lol

Playmaker wouldn't have helped them not give up 70 in a half and 124 points to a AD-less Pelicans team. Bron again making it easy to dislike him.

Lakers because my dad was a huge magic fan growing up, as well as my mom(she's from Detroit so that made more sense than pops). I follow the wiz because I met/played with John while at UK. I SHOULD be a Cavs fan(born and raised in Akron, friends with Bron's people) but...I'm neither a fan or hater.

Last edited:
I was born and raised in the Bay I support all Bay Area teams Raiders, Giants, etc. I started watching basketball In the mid 00s around the Murphy/Dunleavy/Richardson era when tickets to the Oracle were cheaper than a trip to the movies and been a fan since. I have a cousins that live near Stockton who are kings fans and family in so cal who are Lakers fan so I usually root for them to do good until they play the Dubs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom