Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn't.
laugh.gif

During the 3peat Fisher was a real good defender. So was Horry. Both of 'em made big shots did everything they was supposed to do for their roles.
Fisher was a real good defender? Really? I would disagree with being 'really good.' He almost cost them a ring in 02 because he kept dying on PnR's with Mike Bibby. I remember Damon Stoudemire giving him hell. Nash too lowkey. I would say he's Okay.

Horry was a good defender but he was lokwey undersized, and if you were trying to surrounding Shaq and Kobe with adequate help at the position, You wouldn't want Horry to be the primary guy defending Duncan/Weber/Wallace/Nowitzki. They went through AC Green and Horace Grant before finally settling on Horry. He wasn't their ideal PF but he came through.

Horst fish and fox were elite role players during that time they took them to the next levek

Exactly. They were perfect.

They were really good role players because they supported two of the greatest players of all time.

They by themselves though, were meh and weren't players that you would want ideally if you're competing for a ring. There were serious questions regarding whether or not Horry and Fish could defend their position and be viable enough contributors offensively for LAL.

Sure they came through for the Lakers, i'm not debating that point. RJ came through for the cavs last year, but if I told you that the cavs would be starting RJ in a series against GSW this time last year, you would say that that isn't close to being ideal.

You're really misconstruing what the league was like back then, weren't you like 5 years old? :lol:. Those guys were not on the level of a Richard Jefferson. Fish and horry went on to win 2+ rings after the 3peat, wasn't no question marks about them :lol:. You're way off on this one bro

Last edited:
Fisher was a real good defender? Really? I would disagree with being 'really good.' He almost cost them a ring in 02 because he kept dying on PnR's with Mike Bibby. I remember Damon Stoudemire giving him hell. Nash too lowkey. I would say he's Okay.

Horry was a good defender but he was lokwey undersized, and if you were trying to surrounding Shaq and Kobe with adequate help at the position, You wouldn't want Horry to be the primary guy defending Duncan/Weber/Wallace/Nowitzki. They went through AC Green and Horace Grant before finally settling on Horry. He wasn't their ideal PF but he came through.
yeah fisher was great at drawing that charge but good defender never. Dude was food and point guards always killed the Lakers.

Lakers did have weak benches.

Last edited:
You're really misconstruing what the league was like back then, weren't you like 5 years old?
laugh.gif
. Those guys were not on the level of a Richard Jefferson. Fish and horry went on to win 2+ rings after the 3peat, wasn't no question marks about them
laugh.gif
. You're way offOne this one bro
You missing the point. They were not "Perfect." Per PJ for 2002, the first year they finally started Horry:
Phil Jackson: We were a little bit undermanned. We had to start shedding some salary, get in line with the league’s CBA. Robert Horry had taken on the load of being a power forward at whatever he weighed, 230 or 235, and that year, we didn’t have a backup for him. We didn’t have a great backup for Shaq, either. 
From the same piece
 J.A. Adande (columnist, Los Angeles Times): The [Kings] had the better season. They had home-court advantage, more talent, more threats. Throughout their roster, top to bottom, they had a better roster. The Lakers didn’t have anybody who could get his own shot other than Kobe and Shaq.
http://grantland.com/features/2002-...-history-los-angeles-lakers-sacramento-kings/

There's more to it and more proof than that, but yeah.

You're really misconstruing what the league was like back then, weren't you like 5 years old? :lol:. Those guys were not on the level of a Richard Jefferson. Fish and horry went on to win 2+ rings after the 3peat, wasn't no question marks about them :lol:. You're way off on this one bro
So we really gonna sit and like d fish wasn't food especially during the lakers last repeat I know you're a homer but c'mon b

The bench was thin, sure. But those guys I'm talking about weren't the problem. Those quotes are clearly talking about the guys behind them

Last edited:
No it wasn't. :lol:

During the 3peat Fisher was a real good defender. So was Horry. Both of 'em made big shots did everything they was supposed to do for their roles.

Yeah Fisher was a good defender then. Both of 'em was great ROLE players. Back then you ain't need no stacked roster with 3+ All Stars or bunch of dudes averaging double figures like today. The league was different, it was played at a way slower pace. You got Shaq and Kobe, just put some great roles players around 'em and it's a wrap.

Last edited:
So we really gonna sit and like d fish wasn't food especially during the lakers last repeat I know you're a homer but c'mon b

There was a point where fish was actually a good defender BECAUSE he was slow :lol:. I distinctly remember plays where guys like deron Williams couldn't get around him because he wouldn't bother to bite on any of his moves

There was a point where fish was actually a good defender BECAUSE he was slow :lol:. I distinctly remember plays where guys like deron Williams couldn't get around him because he wouldn't bother to bite on any of his moves

Now during the Kobe and Gasol era Fisher was getting lit up. Deron Williams used to give us that work.

Kobe used to have to guard Bibby and Tony parker because fish was getting killed. If you were around then you would know that. Fish was never a really good defender . point guards consistently killed the Lakers. Was our achilles heel.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sorry but Fish was not a good defender even back in the early 2000s. He tried, but he couldn't stay in front of PGs. Some of that due to his slow lateral quickness, schematics, and the opposing talent, but I would not categorize Fish as a good defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom