Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

When the Lakers were winning, 3 peating and all that in the early 2000's, their bench / supporting cast was terrible. They legit at times during their run had guys like Mark Madsen, AC Green, Horace Grant, Travis Knight, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Brian Shaw, Rick Fox, etc.
i only see 2 bums here

I mean I feel you lebron, and the bench is weak as hell, but

You getting maxed out, kyrie and love getting paid, JR got maxed out, Iman has like 40+ Ms to his name, etc. Your bench is going to be weak :lol: this isn't a foreign concept. When your stars are max guys who make big money, a weak bench comes along with it.

For the past couple of years, with CP/Blake/DJ all getting big money, we've had to trot out benches that feature the corpse of Hedo, Big Baby, Spencer Hawes, Jordan Farmar, The Corpse of Danny Granger and antwaun jamison, etc. (This is why I feel like Doc, especially the last year or two, has become underrated as a gm, but anyway)

When the Lakers were winning, 3 peating and all that in the early 2000's, their bench / supporting cast was terrible. They legit at times during their run had guys like Mark Madsen, AC Green, Horace Grant, Travis Knight, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Brian Shaw, Rick Fox, etc.

When you have multiple max guys on your team, building around them is tough. This is why Players should just stick to being players.
this is obvious... He'll Slava Medvedenko got major pt in the finals when Malone went down. Slava Medvedenko [emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji]

Most of the guys you named aren't bums. You missed a lot of the bums that we had to roster back then

Last edited:

i only see 2 bums here
Revisionist history.

I'm not saying they are bums, but there's no way one would think it's ideal or okay to have a PF / Center stable of Horry/Green in 2000/Grant in 2001/Travis Knight in 2000/Mark Madsen/Slava etc.

To compete against Webber/Dirk/Rasheed Wallace/Tim Duncan/Malone etc.

A big question mark every season during their 3 peat run was depth and support every year. To have old *** Ron Harper / Derek Fisher / Ty Lue/ and later Janero Pargo and Penberthy to compete with Mike Bibby, Steve Nash, and other guards in the conference scream depth issues.

hell nah. Wouldn't want to give up Lou. He's my favorite player on the Lakers right now.
There's no place for him though. The Lakers are terrible with him, and he's like 30. Plus he's sort of redundant with Clarkson coming off the bench as well.

With the. young guys on the team, there's no real point in having a player not in the laker's future plans taking minutes and shots away from those who are, as good as he's been this year.

There's no place for him though. The Lakers are terrible with him, and he's like 30. Plus he's sort of redundant with Clarkson coming off the bench as well.

With the. young guys on the team, there's no real point in having a player not in the laker's future plans taking minutes and shots away from those who are, as good as he's been this year.
oh I feel you and definitely see he don't got a future on the team.

Still my favorite player to see play on the team at the moment. I can't stand Clarkson.

Last edited:

he plays with 2 all stars. both of whom haven't been the most durable in their careers and playing them 40+ minutes at the halfway point may not be ideal. he has a right to be concerned. being bron the player and gm has gotten them a chip so far

bron is one of the more transparent athletes out there. people want to get the real from these guys and not the same fluff pc answers, so i don't see what's wrong with what bron is saying. he kept it 100.
See here's the thing though. Historically, when Lebron teams lose, the narrative is because he doesn't have enough help.

When Lebron teams wins: homie is Atlas dragging these guys to the finish line.

Which one is it?

The nerve of you to include fish, Rob, Shaw and fox in this group :lol:. Let alone compare them to clipper trash. Those dudes were quintessential role players

Last edited:
The nerve of you to include fish, Rob, Shaw and fox in this group
laugh.gif
. Let alone compare them to clipper trash. Those dudes were quintessential role players
k.

Horst fish and fox were elite role players during that time they took them to the next levek

See here's the thing though. Historically, when Lebron teams lose, the narrative is because he doesn't have enough help.

Which one is it?

I mean, dude led both teams in all categories when he won and when he lost so I think you answered that question for yourself.

It's both.

You can't really question his perfomance in any Finals since 2011.

Last edited:

he plays with 2 all stars. both of whom haven't been the most durable in their careers and playing them 40+ minutes at the halfway point may not be ideal. he has a right to be concerned. being bron the player and gm has gotten them a chip so far

bron is one of the more transparent athletes out there. people want to get the real from these guys and not the same fluff pc answers, so i don't see what's wrong with what bron is saying. he kept it 100.

Which one is it?
im not interested in irrational sports fan armchair narratives. the fact is that the bench isn't very good this year. most notably the back up point guard position. you don't want your injury prone star point guard to log 40+ minutes in january. 

there's nothing really debatable there. 

Horst fish and fox were elite role players during that time they took them to the next levek
They were really good role players because they supported two of the greatest players of all time.

They by themselves though, were meh and weren't players that you would want ideally if you're competing for a ring. There were serious questions regarding whether or not Horry and Fish could defend their position and be viable enough contributors offensively for LAL.

Sure they came through for the Lakers, i'm not debating that point. RJ came through for the cavs last year, but if I told you that the cavs would be starting RJ in a series against GSW this time last year, you would say that that isn't close to being ideal.

Which one is it?
both statements can be true lol
although i don't necessarily agree with either

I was actually thinking about Horry and Foxy earlier this morning. They were ahead of their times as the stretch four and three & d wing.

Don't mind me while I reminiscence on the good ol' times when the Lakers were winning. :lol: :wow:

i only see 2 bums here
dude said terrible? wildin

put some respek on Mad Dog's name, Travis knight the only bum on that list

knick fans can confirm

Terrible was a bad choice of words. They definitely weren't terrible. The point though, was that their supporting cast wasn't viewed as being all that good until they came through for the Lakers.

They were really good role players because they supported two of the greatest players of all time.

They by themselves though, were meh and weren't players that you would want ideally if you're competing for a ring. There were serious questions regarding whether or not Horry and Fish could defend their position and be viable enough contributors offensively for LAL.

Sure they came through for the Lakers, i'm not debating that point. RJ came through for the cavs last year, but if I told you that the cavs would be starting RJ in a series against GSW this time last year, you would say that that isn't close to being ideal.

No it wasn't. :lol:

During the 3peat Fisher was a real good defender. So was Horry. Both of 'em made big shots did everything they was supposed to do for their roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom