Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let me ask you guys this though.....Is it not a blow to the MVP award or perhaps Awards in General for Basketball if they don't award an MVP to Russ if he maintains this avg until Seasons end?

I mean what validity does an "MVP Trophy" have, if Russ didn't get it because his team isn't "Top 3"?
It's a blow to the award if he does win it given the current circumstances.
laugh.gif

Stretch for sure.

harden is definitely a better passer and ball handler than russ lol
89% of russ's assist are dumpoffs to the bigs and he has no east/west moves when attacking off the dribble
harden is probably one of the best iso players ever

You basically discredited the assist percentage stat by saying his usage is 8% higher. You know how it's calculated right?
Turnover % is a "per 100 play" calculation. If that's something you're into more power to you I guess.
Like I said I don't care about either too. But it feels like youre just googling numbers to throw at me.
I never said anything arguing rebounding at any point. Russ has impressed me with that and I wouldnt debate it.
Honestly, had no clue Russ' usage is 8% higher which makes what Harden is doing more impressive to me :lol:

It's not discredited at all. But you saying Harden is a better dribbler and passer isn't exactly accurate either. MDA's system has always inflated numbers in scoring for role players and assist numbers for the PG.

Im not using numbers to argue he's better at either. Im using what I've seen. What dribble moves does Russ have? Have you seen the degree or difficulty of passes Harden gets off?
And yeah, the assist % stat does get discredited by a difference in 8% usage.

harden is definitely a better passer and ball handler than russ lol
89% of russ's assist are dumpoffs to the bigs and he has no east/west moves when attacking off the dribble
harden is probably one of the best iso players ever

Im saying it's painfully obvious :lol:
Getting numbers thrown at me when I'm talking about skills and ability.

Reactions: OTG
Im not using numbers to argue he's better at either. Im using what I've seen. What dribble moves does Russ have? Have you seen the degree or difficulty of passes Harden gets off?

Russ's dump offs = Harden just coming down and passing to wide open 3 point shooters. I don't see how you can not see the difference in spacing between the teams and realize the degree of difficulty one has in comparison to the other. Not even close. But I'll digress after seeing Russ has no east west moves clearly y'all aint watching. One of his best assets is his quickness and change of direction while going full speed.

Last edited:
Im saying it's painfully obvious :lol:
Getting numbers thrown at me when I'm talking about skills and ability.
yeah russ really isn't that skilled he's just a freak athlete. harden has more finesse to his game and is alot easier to watch imo

Russ's dump offs = Harden just coming down and passing to wide open 3 point shooters. I don't see how you can not see the difference in spacing between the teams and realize the degree of difficulty one has in comparison to the other. Not even close. But I'll digress.

Yeah because Harden doesn't drive and kick through 3+ defenders in the paint in half court sets constantly :lol: I watch the games man. Russ' passes aren't harder to get off than Hardens. Harden gets skip passes off over traffic with no effort too.
I don't get how you think Russ is a better dribbler either and you've done a **** job at defending that :lol:

Last edited:
those 3point shooters just magically get open huh? lol
russ isn't a top 10 passer or ball handler in the league man

Man Kobe is my favorite player of all time but that Mamba Mentality is blinding you.

Last edited:
Yeah because Harden doesn't drive and kick through 3+ defenders in the paint in half court sets constantly :lol: I watch the games man.
I don't get how you think Russ is a better dribbler either and you've done a **** job at defending that :lol:

He's not driving and kicking everytime, it's a function of MDA's system. Russ is driving and drawing defenders as well so what advantage is there other than Harden is kicking out to Ryan, Ariza, and Gordon and Russ is dumping it off to Kanter and Adams or unfortunately kicking it out a lot of times to Roberson whose not even being guarded. So OKC is playing 5 on 4 which makes it even more difficult. You haven't really explained what Harden does better as a dribbler or passer.

OKC has 3 non shooters on the floor with Russ almost at all times. Harden has no less than 3 shooters on the floor with him most times. I find it more impressive given the scheme and passes I've seen Russ make where there's really no window given their offensive personnel.

Last edited:
Harden's assists seems effortless sometimes. Comes off a screen, and boom, someone is open. Harden is great, but that Houston spacing really helps him out.

Yeah because Harden doesn't drive and kick through 3+ defenders in the paint in half court sets constantly :lol: I watch the games man.

He's not driving and kicking everytime, it's a function of MDA's system. Russ is driving and drawing defenders as well so what advantage is there other than Harden is kicking out to Ryan, Ariza, and Gordon and Russ is dumping it off to Kanter and Adams or unfortunately kicking it out a lot of times to Roberson whose not even being guarded. So OKC is playing 5 on 4 which makes it even more difficult. You haven't really explained what Harden does better as a dribbler or passer.

I asked you to explain how Russ is a better dribbler multiple times and you have yet to say how he handles the ball better once now you wanna turn it on me :lol:
Harden can create space using the dribble. Russ does not. Like this is common sense **** I didn't think I had to explain. Russ has an in and out/hesitation move with his right hand and that's really it. Harden has that lethal spin-step back he converts so many 3's on, better hesitation, better crossover, better behind the back. Do i really need to keep going? Because literally all of his moves are better than Russ'. What is ONE thing Russ can do dribbling better than Harden? His game is blowing by you with his athleticism but you refuse to acknowledge it like it's a knock that he's an all time athlete.

I brought up Harden being able to skip pass across the court over multiple defenders while he's drawing all the attention. Russ doesn't even acknowledge the other side of the court until he gets into the paint.

How many of these passes were to open 3 point shooters? Montrezl Harrell has been the main beneficiary of some of dudes best passes and he wouldn't start on a LOT of teams :lol: The pick and roll isn't some foreign concept for spacing that every coach doesn't use in the league. His no look, behind the back, and between the legs ability in his passing are better too. He has way more ways to get the ball to his teammates.
I got work in the morning, I'm calling it a night. Both players are great, appreciate who you want more :lol:

Last edited:
Just finished the Tim donaghy book, and again, I recommend it to any NBA fan. Very detailed, transparent and well-written.

I legit don't even look at the league the same anymore after some of the things that it uncovered. I'll probably start watching more college ball.

Hooped with Ray McCollum at the gym tonight. Dude is pretty legit.

Isaiah Thomas balled at Sac State with a few of us his rookie year and tore us up :lol: My friend went there and hit him on Twitter and dude came through :smokin
Drove 45 minutes to get in on that game :lol:

Last edited:
Cool, like I said the significant gap is in shooting numbers and the main one is the Rockets record.

Another tidbit:

View media item 2310089
If this ain't Mamba blood, I don't know what is.
61% usage rate :x

The percentages are conveniently absent [emoji]129300[/emoji].

Said it last week he's clearly stat hunting but it's a testament to his effort that he's able to keep this up.

@xan rather Dwayne Casey is gonna coach. Same guy can't coach twice.

Last edited:

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

New contest time.

I'm going to step my game up for this thread, I've been moving and my work schedule gives me very little internet time.

The contest: Correctly name all of the remaining All-Star reserves. Not the biggest of challenges so if we have multiple winners then I'll do a random drawing to find out winner.

Just @me on here whenever you come up with your remaining All-Stars. If you have already given your predictions and I missed it, just restate them and @me so I can keep track. 

I'll also run a contest for the All-Star weekend, correctly name all the winners of the contests, plus some other random prop bets and we'll make this weekend more fun for us NTers watching.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
West:
Westbrook

Klay
Gobert
Boogie
Draymond
Hayward
Conley

East:
Thomas
Embiid
Love
George
Wall
Lowry
Walker

Hooped with Ray McCollum at the gym tonight. Dude is pretty legit.
McCallum but, I just realized he's out of the League. How's he taking it?

He's in the d-league currently. Grand Rapids. He said he coming back soon tho, I asked him where...he said Detroit...I said how :nerd:...he said 'you'll see'...:rolleyes :lol: k

He's a cool dude though. friendly chill dude. was playing 1 on 1 with mad people too lol. Everybody wanted to give it a go. He looked like kobe lol.

Just finished the Tim donaghy book, and again, I recommend it to any NBA fan. Very detailed, transparent and well-written.

I legit don't even look at the league the same anymore after some of the things that it uncovered. I'll probably start watching more college ball.
No offense but kinda gullible to believe a compulsive liar. Gotta take anything he says with a grain of salt. Man doesn't have much integrity, let alone credibility.

He was right about Lakers/Kings WCF as well as the Iverson grudges. And I mean there's a reason we call him D whistle after that finals, right?

My only question is his information was about the Stern years, what would make you think that it's exactly the same now? I'm not naive but things are much better now than they were before under Stern (all around)

Last edited:

No offense but kinda gullible to believe a compulsive liar. Gotta take anything he says with a grain of salt. Man doesn't have much integrity, let alone credibility.
Harsh, but well said, and a harsh truth. This is the very reason I've never made it past what would be known as the Preword, I haven't even cracked it. It's on my mantle as eye candy TBH.

Last edited:
The #Wizards will come to the arena tomorrow in all black for Round 3 vs #Celtics. Kelly Oubre: "You know where we're going with that."

NEW: #Wizards to wear all black to Celtics game tomorrow night: 'We're ready for whatever'

Settle down. :lol:

:lol:

I'll be surprised if this goes well for the Wizards. If it doesn't we'll be forever linked with the Knicks for this foolishness. :smh: A lot on the line here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom