Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westbrook tied bird for 5th in all time trip dubs wow.

When it's all said n done okc had a young core of 3 future HOFers

All 3 are top 5 MVP candidates at the very least right now :lol:
Can't believe they ****** that one up. Chose to pay Ibaka over Beard :smh:

Not only HOFers but at least KD and Russ will be all time greats and two of the most unique and gifted talents to ever play the game. Damb shame KD dipped.

KD is happy though.

That's good for the League no doubt.
tired.gif

Just his interviews now, compared to what they were, says it all.

Last edited:
17-4 is the record when he's hunting stats. #letthemhate
Yeah I never saw the issue with Russ stealing rebounds. Who cares

If he's hurting the team by being selfish then that's a different story, but I don't particularly see that from him

I don't know if he's hurting the team since they're not that great but his decision making is extremely erratic and not the best a lot of the time :lol:

Reactions: OTG

All 3 are top 5 MVP candidates at the very least right now :lol:
Can't believe they ****** that one up. Chose to pay Ibaka over Beard :smh:

i might be wrong but isn't that the huge misconception of the whole ordeal? they could have kept everybody but they didn't want to in the luxury tax. someone correct me if i'm wrong tho.

Last edited:
It was the same way last year with Russ and his triple doubles. Think they only lost one or two games when he got one

That was with KD and Serge though. What he's doing this season and the correlation is 100x more impressive given the roster around him. This is the greatest season I've seen by a player given what he's doing on a nightly basis and what he has to work with.

Whoa. Kobe in 05-06 wininng 45 games in a STACKED West with that TRASH roster takes that title IMO.

I don't know if he's hurting the team since they're not that great but his decision making is extremely erratic and not the best a lot of the time :lol:

That's been Russ from day one though. More is thrust upon his shoulders than ever, if he doesn't do everything it doesn't get done and they have no chance, which is why the efficiency and turnovers are something that you can live with. He's bringing so much more on a positive end.

Damn:lol:
Tough crowd

I mean am I wrong? :lol:

Harden is putting up almost the same numbers with a 7% difference in EFG% which is HUGE. It's not like his teammates are all that either it's just a bunch of shooters and Beverley :lol: Honestly, Kanter, Dipo & Adams>any of Harden's teammates. Gordon has been having a great year though I will say that.
What Russ is doing is historic and I acknowledge that. I just wish Harden was getting the same love from the media. Beard has actually been trying on defense this year too :lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:

The team Harden has is more tailored to their system and him than Westbrook's is, so I'm not trying to take it where you think I am. Just saying it should be considered.

Beard's a better shooter, dribbler, passer and shot creator though :nerd: :lol:

Curious to see when Russ' athleticism starts dipping and how he adjusts his game. Dude plays with an unrivaled passion and I don't doubt he'll try to extend his greatness.

Last edited:
The team Harden has is more tailored to their system and him than Westbrook's is, so I'm not trying to take it where you think I am. Just saying it should be considered.

Curious to see when Russ' athleticism starts dipping and how he adjusts his game. Dude plays with an unrivaled passion and I don't doubt he'll try to extend his greatness.

Since you want to bring up advanced stats, Russ has a higher assist % and lower turnover %. So I don't know if that better passer, dribbler thing flies.

Since you want to bring up advanced stats, Russ has a higher assist % and lower turnover %. So I don't know if that better passer, dribbler thing flies.

I brought up ONE advanced stat and it's a significant difference. They're neck and neck in TO's and assists so I doubt either are close to a 7% difference. Feel free to correct me. Have you watched them play? It's kind of obvious Harden is better at those things :lol: Like it's painfully obvious he's more skilled at both :lol: What dribble moves does Russ have? It's go north and try to finish at the rim or pull up midrange. He doesn't really shake defenders off. The passing is kind of a given off tape alone.
I'm not even trying to argue against a player I like but you've argued intangibles up until this point then dropped what I assume is a mild difference in 2 advanced stats I don't even check for.
I said from the get this is all how I feel and have no problem with anyone arguing Russ.

Last edited:
I brought up ONE advanced stat and it's a significant difference. They're neck and neck in TO's and assists so I doubt either are close to a 7% difference. Feel free to correct me. Have you watched them play? It's kind of obvious Harden is better at those things :lol: Like it's painfully obvious he's more skilled at both :lol: What dribble moves does Russ have? It's go north and try to finish at the rim or pull up midrange. He doesn't really shake defenders off. The passing is kind of a given off tape alone.
I'm not even trying to argue against a player I like but you've argued intangibles up until this point then dropped what I assume is a mild difference in 2 advanced stats I don't even check for.
I said from the get this is all how I feel and have no problem with anyone arguing Russ.

Russ' assist % is 6% higher than Harden's. And his TO% is 4% lower despite having a 8% higher usage rate. Along with his reb% being 8% higher as well.

Also what do you consider more impressive Harden getting assists with all those 3 point shooters or Russ getting his with almost no shooting around him at all?

Last edited:
Smush.. whoa

Must be in need of money or something

Look like he in one of the Matrix movies or something

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how Russ will age for a dude heavily reliant on his athleticism it might not end well

Let me ask you guys this though.....Is it not a blow to the MVP award or perhaps Awards in General for Basketball if they don't award an MVP to Russ if he maintains this avg until Seasons end?

I mean what validity does an "MVP Trophy" have, if Russ didn't get it because his team isn't "Top 3"?
It's a blow to the award if he does win it given the current circumstances.

Russ' assist % is 6% higher than Harden's. And his TO% is 4% lower despite having a 8% higher usage rate. Along with his reb% being 8% higher as well.

You basically discredited the assist percentage stat by saying his usage is 8% higher. You know how it's calculated right?
Turnover % is a "per 100 play" calculation. If that's something you're into more power to you I guess.
Like I said I don't care about either too. But it feels like youre just googling numbers to throw at me.
I never said anything arguing rebounding at any point. Russ has impressed me with that and I wouldnt debate it.
Honestly, had no clue Russ' usage is 8% higher which makes what Harden is doing more impressive to me :lol:
Both advanced stats you brought up you used to argue Russ is a more skilled passer and dribbler but you haven't explained how. And he isn't. His all time athleticism and explosiveness is how he dominates and there's nothing wrong with that. And I hate most advanced stats tbh :lol: EFG% is one of like 2/3 I value.

Last edited:
You basically discredited the assist percentage stat by saying his usage is 8% higher. You know how it's calculated right?
Turnover % is a "per 100 play" calculation. If that's something you're into more power to you I guess.
Like I said I don't care about either too. But it feels like youre just googling numbers to throw at me.
I never said anything arguing rebounding at any point. Russ has impressed me with that and I wouldnt debate it.
Honestly, had no clue Russ' usage is 8% higher which makes what Harden is doing more impressive to me :lol:

It's not discredited at all. But you saying Harden is a better dribbler and passer isn't exactly accurate either. MDA's system has always inflated numbers in scoring for role players and assist numbers for the PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom