Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder Up
roll.gif

Russy has no remorse. Game. Set. MATCH!

LeBron was not focused at all tonight. Definitely left the hotel room for some quickies or something. Turned the ball over, Terrence Jones swatting him, and not finishing routine plays. Off night for the King.

Dion Waiters letting GSW they ain't gonna run all over them at American Airlines!

Actually I shorted him 1, OKC is either 17-5 or 18-4, this was his 22nd tonight. Still they need him to do it to even have a chance.

It was the same way last year with Russ and his triple doubles. Think they only lost one or two games when he got one

It was the same way last year with Russ and his triple doubles. Think they only lost one or two games when he got one

That was with KD and Serge though. What he's doing this season and the correlation is 100x more impressive given the roster around him. This is the greatest season I've seen by a player given what he's doing on a nightly basis and what he has to work with.

That was with KD and Serge though. What he's doing this season and the correlation is 100x more impressive given the roster around him. This is the greatest season I've seen by a player given what he's doing on a nightly basis and what he has to work with.
It's beginning to look like that Season long triple double is going to happen.

We all just say No way, and logically.

Let me ask you guys this though.....Is it not a blow to the MVP award or perhaps Awards in General for Basketball if they don't award an MVP to Russ if he maintains this avg until Seasons end?

I mean what validity does an "MVP Trophy" have, if Russ didn't get it because his team isn't "Top 3"?

Harden has been more impressive to me this year
OH there is definitely an argument to be made there no doubt but.....how does a Player do something that has never been done in this ERA, will likely never be done again, yet he likely won't win it for this this or that....

I mean guys go their whole Careers and never get one triple double, and he might do it for a Season....unbelieveable. 

Houston is better than OKC that's really the only argument aside from him shooting better.

Let Houston drop to 4 or 5 and Russ be 5 or 6. He'll win it in a landslide.

Last edited:
His effective Field Goal % is 7% higher than Russ while average less than 2 points and rebounds less and leading the league in assists per game.
Not saying you have to buy into the stat but that's significant to me.

His effective Field Goal % is 7% higher than Russ while average less than 2 points and rebounds less and leading the league in assists per game.
Not saying you have to buy into the stat but that's significant to me.
Russ probably leads OKC in every statistical category. 

Cool, like I said the significant gap is in shooting numbers and the main one is the Rockets record.

Another tidbit:

View media item 2310089
If this ain't Mamba blood, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Meh, "in the clutch" stats are situational and depends on how often the team is down or in a close game late in the game. Skewed stat to me. Melo was considered the most clutch player in the league for awhile. Pretty sure he was considered "more clutch" due to whatever advanced stats said so when Kobe was balling his *** out too.
Don't have a problem with anyone saying Russ is MVP I just appreciate what Beard is doing more. I'm a big fan of both dudes.

Last edited:
Westbrook tied bird for 5th in all time trip dubs wow.

When it's all said n done okc had a young core of 3 future HOFers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom