Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time we get our stuff together, Bron take 5 games off and get that HGH shot for after the all star break

C24vNDhVQAAXEKU.jpg:large

Said it last week he's clearly stat hunting
Just watching their games, I don't really think this is true.

He isn't getting 10 assists per game passing on uncontested layups. He probes, and delivers the ball to the open man. Isn't that what "pass-first" and "pure" PGs do?

CP3 has that open midrange jumper/floater on every pick & roll he has ever ran but he probes and a lot of times throws the lob or rifles it to a shooter in the corner.

Harden can get to the rim on damn near every play if he wanted.

People were seriously talking about moving him for Rondo several years ago. Calling him a ballhog & other nonsense, now all of a sudden he passes too much.

And we've spoken about the rebounds before. The offense benefits from him snatching it going coast to coast. They need as many easy opportunities as possible

All of this is backed up by the fact that they're playing virtually .800 ball when he gets a triple double. Looking at that players 2-12 on that roster they shouldn't be .800 in any scenario.

everyone made a big deal about golden state losing depth for kd but according to bron himself, the cavs took a hit too. 

Last edited:
He was right about Lakers/Kings WCF as well as the Iverson grudges. And I mean there's a reason we call him D whistle after that finals, right?

My only question is his information was about the Stern years, what would make you think that it's exactly the same now? I'm not naive but things are much better now than they were before under Stern (all around)
I can see that point of view. Read the book a few weeks ago love it and I don't look at the league the same way anymore either. I stopped taking basketball serious. It's not. It's entertainment and big business. People who believe it's straight up yet acknowledge that stars get special treatment. That doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Every single time the Cavs lose, this dude begs for more help. I can't recall a team coming off a ship to do that.
to be fair they bench is weak. Way weaker then the GS bench. Shouldn't be complaining bout it after every l though. Don't hear GS complaining about they bench when they lose.

Last edited:
to be fair they bench is weak. Way weaker then the GS bench. Shouldn't be complaining bout it after every l though. Don't hear GS complaining about they bench when they lose.
True but he's beating that drum to death. He gotta make up his mind whether he wants to be Lebron the player or Lebron the GM. All this whining to the media has to stop at some point.

True but he's beating that drum to death. He gotta make up his mind whether he wants to be Lebron the player or Lebron the GM. All this whining to the media has to stop at some point.
I agree. When you want to play with a bunch of all stars kind of a given that your Bench is going to be weak. We have a salary cap for a reason Lebron.

he plays with 2 all stars. both of whom haven't been the most durable in their careers and playing them 40+ minutes at the halfway point may not be ideal. he has a right to be concerned. being bron the player and gm has gotten them a chip so far. 

bron is one of the more transparent athletes out there. people want to get the real from these guys and not the same fluff pc answers, so i don't see what's wrong with what bron is saying. he kept it 100.

Last edited:
for comparison purposes...

cleveland's bench ranks third worst in the league in efficiency behind minnesota and washington. golden state's "awful" bench is 10th overall. 

btw 
laugh.gif
 @ mo williams contract getting passed around like yung berg's chain. my guy's been on 4 teams in the past week.

Last edited:
he plays with 2 all stars. both of whom haven't been the most durable in their careers and playing them 40+ minutes at the halfway point may not be ideal. he has a right to be concerned. being bron the player and gm has gotten them a chip so far. 

bron is one of the more transparent athletes out there. people want to get the real from these guys and not the same fluff pc answers, so i don't see what's wrong with what bron is saying. he kept it 100.
of course its going to be a problem. When you play with a bunch of max players, bench should be a problem. Can't have your cake and eat it to
. Only reason GS got away with it past few years was because of curry discount contract.

I didn't need to look up the ranking to know that GS bench while weak isn't as weak as the Cavs.

Last edited:
I mean I feel you lebron, and the bench is weak as hell, but

You getting maxed out, kyrie and love getting paid, JR got maxed out, Iman has like 40+ Ms to his name, etc. Your bench is going to be weak
laugh.gif
this isn't a foreign concept. When your stars are max guys who make big money, a weak bench comes along with it.

For the past couple of years, with CP/Blake/DJ all getting big money, we've had to trot out benches that feature the corpse of Hedo, Big Baby, Spencer Hawes, Jordan Farmar, The Corpse of Danny Granger and antwaun jamison, etc. (This is why I feel like Doc, especially the last year or two, has become underrated as a gm, but anyway)

When the Lakers were winning, 3 peating and all that in the early 2000's, their bench / supporting cast was terrible. They legit at times during their run had guys like Mark Madsen, AC Green, Horace Grant, Travis Knight, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Brian Shaw, Rick Fox, etc.

When you have multiple max guys on your team, building around them is tough. This is why Players should just stick to being players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom