Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't know why the media and other players especially have a vote. A few players haven't played this season like Ben Simmons and got a vote. It shows the players really don't care. Its a meaningless game. so why not let the public decide who plays? If I was Russ I wouldn't eem show up
if the public decides, russ still wouldn't start and ZaZa would. and dwade over DeKobe.
I know this. If the public wants them in, let em in. Its an exhibition game

I like the idea the NBA came up with, they just need to adjust the percentages (1/3 each) . We would have gotten IT2 and Russ in the starting lineup like they should be.

Carmelo, Rose, Joakim & Kristaps is a East contending core. It's just the bench, that needs retooling. Melo should stay.

Carmelo, Rose, Joakim & Kristaps is a East contending core. It's just the bench, that needs retooling. Melo should stay.

knicks have enough pieces to work in the east. they just don't. on paper theyre the only contender in the east for Cleveland. but in real life they look like scrubs. is it the coaching? is it lack of practice? do they not gel on the court? no idea. but they easily should be the 2 or 3 seed in the east. easily. I don't think its the benches fault either

I have no idea either. They shouldn't be this bad. Well this "underwhelming".

Offensively, they're pretty good but defensively, they are terrible. 
There's a lot of things that are wrong with that team, they all like each other but defensively, they suck all together. Not one person stand out on defense. 

With that being said, Celtics will hand them another lost tonight.  Isiah is gonna show up in the 4th again. 

Yeah thats my thing. Defensively they can't guard any of the perimeter players and consistently get killed in transition.

Contending for what?

Eastern conference title. On paper, they can give the Cavs at least two losses in a 7 game series.

A washed Rose and Noah, Melo on the downside, Kris not there yet. That ain't enough, even in the East. Then you throw in they have no identity. They got parts that don't mix and they're at different stages of their career.

It's funny to me how Melo and Phil have these meetings. Then Phil is dissing Melo through some reporter. Just a mess.

Thing is, Derrick hasn't been playing washed this season. Teams can't guard him off the dribble. Finishes with his left or right like he did in 2011. His mid range is okay. Only difference is he doesn't slam like he did in 2011. Oh yeah, this place is an absolute mess and disaster. the Rose AWOL situation, the melo future situation. I really do think sometimes, Melo should look elsewhere but theres no where for him to go for the money he wants

Lol... Jokic being in the same discussion with Embiid and Townes and then the Dream, The Admiral and Ewing.

He has a lot of potential and has played very well... but Embiid and Townes he isn't.
Start all over, with something else.

nobody is a threat to the Cavs in the east... raptors and celtics are good regular season teams but thats about it... and the Knicks could be a top 4 team in the east but that defense is just trash...

nobody is a threat to the Cavs in the east... raptors and celtics are good regular season teams but thats about it... and the Knicks could be a top 4 team in the east but that defense is just trash...

May be true.

I wish Cleveland would have to play Celts and then Raps back to back rounds though.

Would be very entertaining.

Does not look that way though.

Raps and Celts will beat up on each other first smh.

As for Booker vs Klay:

Almost identical, Book is in a more defined role right now though for sure.

Play Style, they don't play alike.

Again, if they weren't the same complexion, people wouldn't compare the two
An excerpt from that great Daryl Morey article posted here a few weeks ago:

The mere fact that a player physically resembled some currently successful player could be misleading. A decade ago a six-foot-two-inch, light-skinned, mixed-race guy who had gone unnoticed by major colleges in high school and so played for some obscure tiny college, and whose main talent was long-range shooting, would have had no obvious appeal. The type didn’t exist in the NBA—at least not as a raging success. Then Stephen Curry came along and set the NBA on fire, led the Golden State Warriors to an NBA championship, and was everyone’s most valuable player. Suddenly—just like that—all these sharp-shooting mixed-race guards were turning up for NBA job interviews and claim­ing that their game was a lot like Stephen Curry’s; and they were more likely to get drafted because of the resemblance.

“For five years after we drafted Aaron Brooks, we saw so many kids who compared themselves to Aaron. Because there are so many little guards.” Morey’s solution was to forbid all intraracial comparison. “We’ve said, ‘If you want to compare this player to another player, you can only do it if they are a different race.’” If the player in question was African American, for instance, the talent evaluator was only allowed to argue that “he is like so-and-so” if so-and-so was white or Asian or Hispanic or Inuit or anything other than black. A funny thing happened when you forced people to cross racial lines in their minds: They ceased to see analogies. Their minds resisted the leap. “You just don’t see it,” said Morey.

Funny this discussion was just had on the latest Zack Lower Pod with Beck.

They talked about how Harden/Manu comparisons were funny since they weren't the same color.

Why does Daryl Morey think Steph Curry is "mixed raced" :lol:.

Steph is black as hell. His family just keeps it light skin.

Steph is also Haitian. Shoutout to my Zoe's

Why does Daryl Morey think Steph Curry is "mixed raced" :lol:.

Same folks that think Russell Wilson is mixed.

Why does Daryl Morey think Steph Curry is "mixed raced"
laugh.gif

Kevin Durant thought Steph was mixed when he first met him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom