Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's crazy, Wall probably has that man living the life just chillin getting to smash models and get anything he wants :lol:

That's how you do it when you make it. Give your close homies jobs and opportunities they wouldn't otherwise get. Live it up.

anything Russ can do Lebron can do better. Russ ain't on Lebrons planet. The stats irrelevant. Lebron actually runs efficient offense tho.
LeBron is surrounded by kyrie irving (allstar) korver (hof level shooter) Tristan (best rebounder in the east, maybe league) frye (hof shooter) kevin love (a top tier shooting big man former allstar) and Richard Jefferson (hof player, hof shooter) ..... and ur gonna say LeBron runs an efficient offense compared to Russ and his squad? that's not even a fair comparison.

anything Russ can do Lebron can do better. Russ ain't on Lebrons planet. The stats irrelevant. Lebron actually runs efficient offense tho.
LeBron is surrounded by kyrie irving (allstar) korver (hof level shooter) Tristan (best rebounder in the east, maybe league) frye (hof shooter) kevin love (a top tier shooting big man former allstar) and Richard Jefferson (hof player, hof shooter) ..... and ur gonna say LeBron runs an efficient offense compared to Russ and his squad? that's not even a fair comparison.
LeBron was taking a lottery team Cavs roster to the playoffs every year by himself.

I'm gonna need you to retract that Richard Jefferson comment also.

Last edited:

LeBron was taking a lottery team Cavs roster to the playoffs every year by himself.

meh, at his best he scored like 31 a game....who scored all the rest doh?

1 man, BY MY SELF!

And Russ isn't going to do the same thing this year in a better conference? Outside of GS and the Clippers and maybe the Spurs who's had a better offense than OKC the previous 5 seasons?

And Russ isn't going to do the same thing this year in a better conference? Outside of GS and the Clippers and maybe the Spurs who's had a better offense than OKC the previous 5 seasons?
I still don't have the Thunder making the playoffs, and that team is struggling and hovering around 6-7th, LeBron was dragging bums to 55+ win seasons.

meh, at his best he scored like 31 a game....who scored all the rest doh?

1 man, BY MY SELF!
pesky facts... are pesky. not to mention I was talking about who he is CURRENTLY surrounded by. not talking about the old nba where there was actually some semblance of balance... unlike now when its basically a 2 horse race with some hope of competition in the future.

hold on now. I wouldn't say all that lol. okc's offense is pretty horrid. it hinges on one man. and 5 years back is 2012.... I don't even have to say it.

I still don't have the Thunder making the playoffs, and that team is struggling and hovering around 6-7th, LeBron was dragging bums to 55+ win seasons.

He won 55+ games only twice his 1st stint in Cleveland and missed the playoffs his 1st 2 years.

So who should be sitting Curry or Harden cause Westbrook should be a starter idc idc idc the stats dont lie...
hmmm. curry will be taking all sorts of crazy shots and making crazy passes. don't forget what last year looked like. harden as pg? him trying to draw fouls wont work. so itd be watching endless hesitations and stepbacks. not that exciting. westbrook is the definition of excitement cuz he doesn't care to play smart anyways. im dropping harden if I had to for an allstar game.

quick question. 

do you guys think wherever westbrook is on this friday night, that he's as concerned about the all star game as much as you guys are? 

Last edited:
Durant effect. Look at the year Durant was injured. They weren't close to top 5 in offense efficiency. Durant is a better player. It was an efficient offense but if you look beyond numbers it was pretty much my turn, your turn with Durant and Westbrook.

How they got as far as they did is actually impressive and shows how talented Durant and Westbrook are because they offense they ran was weak. No easy buckets type offense. As Durant stated no hockey assist, ball don't move. Once again stats don't tell the whole story.
. Least total passes in the l last year's says it all. Offense wasn't a flowing offense Ala spurs of past years or warriors.

Last edited:
hold on now. I wouldn't say all that lol. okc's offense is pretty horrid. it hinges on one man. and 5 years back is 2012.... I don't even have to say it.

In terms of points and efficiency:

2016-OKC 2ND
2015-OKC 10TH
2014-OKC 7TH
2013-OKC 2ND
2012-OKC 2ND

So the 2 years they weren't 2nd were when Russ and KD missed chunks of the season. It's never been about their offensive prowess, they just struggled down the stretch of close games. Overall they were great on offense with Russ running point.

And even with KD, when Russ got a triple double, Thunder had an even higher winning percentage so it again translates to wins on the court.

Last edited:

quick question. 

do you guys think wherever westbrook is on this friday night, that he's as concerned about the all star game as you guys are? 
russ is probably on the phone with Elton john getting fashion tips and preparing to train to "get zaza back" like he said in the interview. he has bigger fish to fry

In terms of points and efficiency:

2016-OKC 2ND
2015-OKC 10TH
2014-OKC 7TH
2013-OKC 2ND
2012-OKC 2ND

So the 2 years they weren't 2nd were when Russ and KD missed chunks of the season. It's never been about their offensive prowess, they just struggled down the stretch of close games. Overall they were great on offense with Russ running point.
I refuse to ask "who had a better offense than so and so" when so and so cant get over the hump. in terms of points and efficiency is misleading as well. efficiency says okc is 2nd in the league right now... real life says okc is in 7th place (and 12th in the league overall)

Last edited:
Not saying Russ isn't a great player, more so saying he's 2nd in MVP thus far.

Probably the most enjoyable player to watch with all out hustle, but Harden impacts games as well as improves his team more. But just watching games, Russ tends to move away from the flow of the game to get his rather as Harden playing and getting his stats through the flow of the game. Not a knock on Russ, 2nd in MVP isn't a bad thing I.e. See Harden.

quick question. 

do you guys think wherever westbrook is on this friday night, that he's as concerned about the all star game as you guys are? 
russ is probably on the phone with Elton john getting fashion tips and preparing to train to "get zaza back" like he said in the interview. he has bigger fish to fry
couldn't have said it better myself 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom