Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to ask "who had a better offense than so and so" when so and so cant get over the hump. in terms of points and efficiency is misleading as well. efficiency says okc is 2nd in the league right now... real life says okc is in 7th place.

The rankings I'm looking at has them 16th in offensive efficiency this season.

As for who was first those same years:

2016-GS
2015-LAC
2014-LAC
2013-MIA
2012-SA

Spurs, Heat/Cavs (w/Bron) always in the top 3-5 as well in that time period.

Not saying Russ isn't a great player, more so saying he's 2nd in MVP thus far.

Probably the most enjoyable player to watch with all out hustle, but Harden impacts games as well as improves his team more. But just watching games, Russ tends to move away from the flow of the game to get his rather as Harden playing and getting his stats through the flow of the game. Not a knock on Russ, 2nd in MVP isn't a bad thing I.e. See Harden.
the only reason russ is being considered is cuz of the triple double average tho. cuz hes not winning. and the argument this WHOLLLEEEEEEEEEE time about mvp has been about "should mvp go to who is most valuable to their team.... or who is the best player on the best team" and the best player on the best team has ALWAYS gotten it. now this year they wanna switch it up cuz kd left russ and russ is putting up crazy numbers... BUT LOSING. russ is 25-19 right now. and we calling him mvp. psyche.

my mvp right now would have to be harden. dude is putting up crazy numbers, efficiently, and winning. and in his first year in the role of pg... hes the arguably best pg in the league. hes not a traditional cp3 type pg who gets crazy assists but sacrifices points... dude is putting up 25+, and STILL putting up cp3 level assists.... AND WINNING.

Clippers will be fine once blake gets back. I heard Barkley saying they dropping to 7th or 8th but I don't think so.

Wouldn't mind dropping to 7,

But we're almost a full 5 games ahead of the 6th seed

Gonna be really hard for us to fall that far

The rankings I'm looking at has them 16th in offensive efficiency this season.

As for who was first those same years:

2016-GS
2015-LAC
2014-LAC
2013-MIA
2012-SA

Spurs, Heat/Cavs (w/Bron) always in the top 3-5 as well in that time period.
I was referencing ur 2nd place for points+efficiency this year stat. not 2nd only in efficiency. and again, okc cant get over the hump. i cant question who is better than them, cuz the list automatically has a couple above them lol

the only reason russ is being considered is cuz of the triple double average tho. cuz hes not winning. and the argument this WHOLLLEEEEEEEEEE time about mvp has been about "should mvp go to who is most valuable to their team.... or who is the best player on the best team" and the best player on the best team has ALWAYS gotten it. now this year they wanna switch it up cuz kd left russ and russ is putting up crazy numbers... BUT LOSING. russ is 25-19 right now. and we calling him mvp. psyche.

my mvp right now would have to be harden. dude is putting up crazy numbers, efficiently, and winning. and in his first year in the role of pg... hes the arguably best pg in the league. hes not a traditional cp3 type pg who gets crazy assists but sacrifices points... dude is putting up 25+, and STILL putting up cp3 level assists.... AND WINNING.

Why not KD then? And OKC isn't 2nd in anything this year. GS, TOR, HOU are tops this year in those categories.

Last edited:
why you want such a low seed

I feel relatively confident with lac against any team not named gsw

If we stay at 4, face them in the 2nd round

If we get to 3, or get to 6 or 7 then we potentially wouldn't face them to the wcf if we got that far

Why not KD then? And OKC isn't 2nd in anything this year.
i cant say kd cuz golden state is still golden state. u cant "take" the #1 team to the #1 team spot. theyre all still getting about 18 shots a game between him, curry, and klay. so his impact is minimized. they've been top dog in the west for 2 years now. unless they win it all this year, u wont be able to tell what his impact was

I feel relatively confident with lac against any team not named gsw

If we stay at 4, face them in the 2nd round

If we get to 3, or get to 6 or 7 then we potentially wouldn't face them to the wcf if we got that far
ok I can see that. Makes sense. Good luck with that my dude.

i cant say kd cuz golden state is still golden state. u cant "take" the #1 team to the #1 team spot. theyre all still getting about 18 shots a game between him, curry, and klay. so his impact is minimized. they've been top dog in the west for 2 years now. unless they win it all this year, u wont be able to tell what his impact was

I guess compared to what GS did last year I guess, but he's winning by the same margin that Harden is over Russ. Doing it as efficient as Harden is as well.

Not saying Russ isn't a great player, more so saying he's 2nd in MVP thus far.

Probably the most enjoyable player to watch with all out hustle, but Harden impacts games as well as improves his team more. But just watching games, Russ tends to move away from the flow of the game to get his rather as Harden playing and getting his stats through the flow of the game. Not a knock on Russ, 2nd in MVP isn't a bad thing I.e. See Harden.

So you saying mid season Harden is the MVP?!?

i have no idea why minnesota isn't posting up wiggins every time down the floor with rivers guarding him. 

Just saw that Westbrook is not starting, guess people really see through all these empty/shallow triple doubles and stat chasing. Leaving his man wide open to wait for a rebound. Or going to get the ball back from a team mate if they dribble more than twice when he has 8 or 9 assists and the game is almost over.

Just saw that Westbrook is not starting, guess people really see through all these empty/shallow triple doubles and stat chasing. Leaving his man wide open to wait for a rebound. Or going to get the ball back from a team mate if they dribble more than twice when he has 8 or 9 assists and the game is almost over.
glad to have another truther on board. #teamwedontfallforstatpadding

Last edited:
Russ is a true assist wh0r in every sense.

Again....the ***** plays like a MyPlayer.

He in his head will die trying to get four assist a quarter. If it means turning down open layups for Roberson 3's. I've seen it time and time again.

The ****** also averages close to 6tos to his 10apg.

Get a triple double or die trying.

Or a dubious quadrupole double (he's had 2 10to games in the past 5)

Shorty shooting 42% from the field. I hope it continues to trend down below 40%
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
all truth

View media item 2305525
He's not starting cause he's not as popular as Curry nothing else. His peers and the people who actually have some sense recognize greatness when they see it. The same clowns voted Zaza as a starter and left IT2 off the East squad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom