Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

i think wade and lebron are two first ballot hall of famers and champions.

you don't realize how silly this idea of "weight" and "value" about who's the man and who's the sidekick sounds. there really is nothing to discuss if that's the way you evaluate sports. please don't coach youth sports ever.
Lol I honestly don't even think you believe what you're saying right now.  Yes, teammates ultimately have to make sacrifices for each other to reach the common goal, but there's not one person(hopefully) who would say that Pippen's 6 rings mean just as much as Jordan's.  Kobe/Shaq ultimately didn't last because both wanted to be the #1 guy.

Really don't know how else to explain it.

Last edited:
It's gonna be hilarious if GS doesn't win a ring this season

KD would be on suicide watch with all the garbage media and especially fans would throw at his soft ***

dead.png
 @ Russ calling KD a BAN 

i think wade and lebron are two first ballot hall of famers and champions.

you don't realize how silly this idea of "weight" and "value" about who's the man and who's the sidekick sounds. there really is nothing to discuss if that's the way you evaluate sports. please don't coach youth sports ever.
Lol I honestly don't even think you believe what you're saying right now.  Yes, teammates ultimately have to make sacrifices for each other to reach the common goal, but there's not one person(hopefully) who would say that Pippen's 6 rings mean just as much as Jordan's.  Kobe/Shaq ultimately didn't last because both wanted to be the #1 guy.

Really don't know how else to explain it.
the sad thing is that you actually do believe what you're saying. 

you view sports in such a warped modern sports media influenced scope that instead of acknowledging how many more championships they could have won together as a tandem, you succumb to the "who's the man" idea. 

everything in this world is a result of collectives of individuals. yet when it comes to basketball you buy into this ridiculous concept of "who's the number one guy". like completely forget about having a great team. let's just focus on which individual can lay claim to having the biggest stake in a team's success. 

Saw this game live and have watched this movie probably over a hundred times. So sad man. With Roy's injured knees you could tell all season he was done. That game in particular, you knew it was his swan song. That was his Kobe dropping 60 in his final game type night. RIP to my favorite blazer

Tho I do gotta say KD somewhat did the Thunders dirty and took the easy route but at the end of the day he did what he feels right for him and he doesn't owe anyone jack**** especially with all the hard work and Years he put into his old team. Everyone knows Lebron pulled the same stunt and people got over it after second and third year same will happen with this situation
stop comparing it to LeBron's situation
that's lazy analysis/justification

Man,

Let it go. It is almost the halfway point. And you got slugged twice and 40 hung up on yall.

I love Russ but it is annoying now.

Why does he need to let it go? Beta boy didn't feel the need to communicate to him that he was leaving, why should Russ communicate with him now?

Let most insiders tell it, KD was led mostly by people in his circle, including some people new to his circle such as his Dad who just got back into his life, and may have had their own best interests at heart as much or moreso than his. I bet Randy was good or at least OK with OKC, out'chea stealing people's woman and ****

Dirk's 2011 run, is the best individual finals MVP of the past 20 years or so.

***** went through the GAUNTLET. No shorts. Took all fades head up an won.

Still remember Bron and Wade making fun of him when they were up 2-1.

:lol:
facts
it changed a lot of people's perception on him too

Dirk's 2011 run, is the best individual finals MVP of the past 20 years or so.

***** went through the GAUNTLET. No shorts. Took all fades head up an won.

Still remember Bron and Wade making fun of him when they were up 2-1.

:lol:
I couldn't believe Bron had the nerve to make fun of Dirk after scoring 8 points :lol: then he went out there and scored like 15 on 18 shots or something weak :rofl:

He & Wade legit thought they were invincible after finally beating Boston & running through Chicago

I'm still in disbelief at the complete shell he went into during that series

Let most insiders tell it, KD was led mostly by people in his circle, including some people new to his circle such as his Dad who just got back into his life, and may have had their own best interests at heart as much or moreso than his. I bet Randy was good or at least OK with OKC, out'chea stealing people's woman and ****
wayne pratt had wiggled his way back into in kd's brain trust dating back to high school. they didn't just reconnect recently. 

Wait one of KD's homies took your girl or did I read that too fast.

still think it his decision was heavily influenced by nike
kd going to win that mvp and nike is going to be there along for the ride

Last edited:
I never got the whole "Nike wanted to shut the under Armour train down" narrative. Why would KD care at all about that? Money is all I can think of

I never got the whole "Nike wanted to shut the under Armour train down" narrative. Why would KD care at all about that? Money is all I can think of

top guys get paid more off their shoe deals than their actual nba contracts before that jump in cap
didn't KD get like a 10y/300M deal

Makes 0 sense.

UA's saws a drop in the bucket against nike.

Not to mention Nike is their own enemy when it comes to Basketball.

And the Curry / UA train is slowing down, the last 2 shoes have been crap and look idetntical. It was hype at that point.

Much like when Rose won MVP and cats were out there running for adidas basketball.

Business-wise it just seems so crowded with UA, Nike and Anta (I know) all being represented by top guys on the same team...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom