Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please. No Kobe talk.

Can't get his washed-mess out my head. ***** look mad frail and lost now. Even grew a struggle beard. Playing basketball is the only thing that keeps that man going. Sad eyes. Kobe's soul is hurting.

:lol:

[emoji]128546[/emoji]

Twitter-Kobe-at-home-trying-spend-time-17df33.png

[emoji]128546[/emoji]

Twitter-Kobe-at-home-trying-spend-time-17df33.png

Kobe needs to pick up rapping again.

I wonder who he bumps now? Can see him hating "mumble rap" :lol:.

Y'all ever read the story about how he used to go to the trenches in North Philly to battle rap?

I think it was posted on grantland back in the day. Thought it was parody....but apparently true.

Dirk had another HOFer in Kidd but unlike the others he was way past his prime. Hakeem would be the next guy. He did have a past his prime Clyde though as well.

Kobe needs to pick up rapping again.

I wonder who he bumps now? Can see him hating "mumble rap" :lol:.

Y'all ever read the story about how he used to go to the trenches in North Philly to battle rap?

I think it was posted on grantland back in the day. Thought it was parody....but apparently true.

Kobe's keeping plenty busy with his storytelling steez. He's actually really good with most of the content so far think they used his expertise on the pregame show for the Xmas day game.

im sorry. how is that not comparable?

I just literally gave you examples of hall of famers who had other hall of famers as teammates. please tell me why that isn't comparable. 
Because Shaq was the clear cut #1 option as evident with 3 Finals MVPs during the 3Peat.

If LeBron went to Miami take the backseat instead of Wade, we have a totally different story.
you seem obsessed with this idea of who's taking a backseat to who, when my entire point is that the teams with the best talent usually wins. 

so again, what difference does it make about who's 1a or 1b or any of that nonsense when the fact is we're talking about teams that have multiple hall of famers on them? 

Because Shaq was the clear cut #1 option as evident with 3 Finals MVPs during the 3Peat.

If LeBron went to Miami take the backseat instead of Wade, we have a totally different story.
3 Finals MVP for beating who? The Pacers, The OMA AI led Sixers, and the Nets? Out of all three teams, only the Pacers had any business being in the Finals.
In both the 2001 and 2002 WCF, AKA the real Finals/competition, Kobe and Shaq were 1A and 1B, and in 2001 it was clear Kobe was the #1 option. I swear, sometimes when the losing conference has a BBQ chicken team, the FMVP trophy gets too much emphasis placed on it.

im sorry. how is that not comparable?

I just literally gave you examples of hall of famers who had other hall of famers as teammates. please tell me why that isn't comparable. 

you seem obsessed with this idea of who's taking a backseat to who, when my entire point is that the teams with the best talent usually wins. 

so again, what difference does it make about who's 1a or 1b or any of that nonsense when the fact is we're talking about teams that have multiple hall of famers on them? 
Alpha beta someting something

That's the one thing that gets me about basketball scouting and what it's become. Got dudes out here scouting 8 year olds, and let hoop mixtape tell it, Seventh Woods was going to become the GOAT.

I'm sure you don't think Wade's two rings playing behind LeBron hold more weight than the one he won in 06.  If so, there's really nothing else to discuss.
3 Finals MVP for beating who? The Pacers, The OMA AI led Sixers, and the Nets? Out of all three teams, only the Pacers had any business being in the Finals.
In both the 2001 and 2002 WCF, AKA the real Finals/competition, Kobe and Shaq were 1A and 1B, and in 2001 it was clear Kobe was the #1 option. I swear, sometimes when the losing conference has a BBQ chicken team, the FMVP trophy gets too much emphasis placed on it.
I don't even have to bring up the FMVPs, it was clearly Shaq's team until he got traded.  

That's the one thing that gets me about basketball scouting and what it's become. Got dudes out here scouting 8 year olds, and let hoop mixtape tell it, Seventh Woods was going to become the GOAT.
Buncha Super Saiyan Brian Windhorsts. 
mean.gif

that's the thing tho. the hoopmixtape youtube era didn't start this obsession with scouting kids. 

this has been happening for the better part of the last 2 decades. there are high school coaches scouting 5th, 6th, and 7th graders as we speak. this also isn't restricted to basketball either. my little cousin plays 6th grade soccer and there's a high school coach at every one of his games there to ask his parents questions. there's also elite tennis/golf kids the same age as lebron jr that are being home schooled with sport training weaved into their schedule.

Last edited:
Dirk's 2011 run, is the best individual finals MVP of the past 20 years or so.

***** went through the GAUNTLET. No shorts. Took all fades head up an won.

Still remember Bron and Wade making fun of him when they were up 2-1.

:lol:
Man, that was such a fun playoff run. Even if he did kick the Lakers ***.

I had them getting knocked out in the first round by the Blazers. I thought they were done when BRoy lit them up in game four. :lol:

I'm sure you don't think Wade's two rings playing behind LeBron hold more weight than the one he won in 06.  If so, there's really nothing else to discuss.
i think wade and lebron are two first ballot hall of famers and champions.

you don't realize how silly this idea of "weight" and "value" about who's the man and who's the sidekick sounds. there really is nothing to discuss if that's the way you evaluate sports. please don't coach youth sports ever.

Last edited:
Dirk's run will never be topped.

Swept the defending Champs, beat the young guns who had next in OKC, and finally the Heatles. Don't think I was ever happier for a non-Laker team to win especially after getting jobbed in 06 and the early flame out in 07.

Dirk's run will never be topped.

Swept the defending Champs, beat the young guns who had next in OKC, and finally the Heatles. Don't think I was ever happier for a non-Laker team to win especially after getting jobbed in 06 and the early flame out in 07.
This loss seems like yesterday.

I was away from OKC and living in in a condo in Phoenix in the 2nd year of a business that I had started.

If business wasn't good and I wasn't so high on life for just winning myself, I would have taken this loss pretty hard, but I spent a bunch of money at the Bars and drank away my pain. As simple and trivial as an OKC loss seems, it taught me a lot about myself and made living after a Big Sports loss from that point on, very easy. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom