Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thunder with Oladipo and KD had a FAR better chance to win the 2017 Title than what this current GSW with KD does.

KD didn't join GSW for Chips, he also joined to be a part of what seemed like the best party in the NBA.

GSW looks at all times like they are having fun, and lots of it.

He left the best chance to win a CHIP. 

wtf

But still your argument was that it was the same team. Personal wise, it was clearly not the same team.

Oh and no one is really defending the Warriors first loss to the Cavs.

Injuries are part of the game. I don't put OKC losing on GS simply being better. I lay the blame on KD for not getting it done and closing the deal.

Bogut and Iggy aren't Irving and Love. My question to you is do you believe GS title vs Cleveland in 2015 was a fluke, because of injuries they weren't the same team right?

Last edited:
KD's situation is unique, he joined a 73 win team with a 2 time (last time unanimous MVP). A team he was up on 3-1 and was heavily complicit in them blowing that series to said team. He has every right to leave, but to THAT team,nah. Don't think nearly as much if any vitriol is aimed his way if he joined SA, LAC, or BOS. The only way this would have worked out worse from a PR standpoint is if GS had won it all and he still joined them. It's not like he didn't have the horses to get it done in OKC like Bron did in his first CLE stint.

KD doesn't own the fans or the organization ****. But Russ is different.
That's supposed to be your boy. That doesn't mean he had to stay.
But at least be up front and honest with him. He wasn't which made him leaving hurt even more.

:pimp:

:pimp: :pimp:

Funny thing is, that if Harrison Barnes didn't wet the bed and actually made at least half those open shots he bricked, he, as well as Barbosa, Speights, etc, would still be on the team this season.

Funny how that one player changed the landscape of the NBA

Yep.

You know how people put more stock in Bron's chip last year over free Miami ones or Kobe's b2b as opposed to the 3-peat. That's going to be KD except on steroids and backwards. Like Max Kellerman says he tried to reverse engineer his greatness.

This. Only way KD would be able to fix that is to go back to OKC or his hometown of DC and win a title there, but looking at the future of both of those franchises, neither could be set up for that.

Harden is clearly the MVP right now.

Barring any epic collapse, he might already have it locked up.

Injuries are part of the game. I don't put OKC losing on GS simply being better. I lay the blame on KD for not getting it done and closing the deal.

Bogut and Iggy aren't Irving and Love. My question to you is do you believe GS title vs Cleveland in 2015 was a fluke, because of injuries they weren't the same team right?
You're completely missing my point. the same team OKC choked against was the same team that went up 3-1 against the Cavs. From game 5 on out it was a different team. Why? Because of injuries/ suspensions. Yes they're part of the game, but you can't just discount them

As for 2015, It wasn't the same team, as you could clearly see that with Thompson and Dellavedova, two defensively oriented players, the Cavs decided to slow the pace down and pound it inside to Lebron. Had the Cavs still had Love and Irving, I still believe that the Cavs would've lost in 6 or even less, as trying to out run and gun the Warriors is not a good idea. Love in 2015 was not the Love in 2016/2017.

Also of note, the difference between Blatt and Lue's coaching is vastly different and was one of the biggest changes when the Warriors and Cavs met up again in the finals but I feel like as if quite a few people overlook that.

I think it's idiotic to NOT consider Lebron the GOAT. And to CONSIDER, doesn't mean it's cut/dry. That means there can be discussion. Whether you think it's someone like Mike, Kareem, Bird, etc., why not include Lebron in that circle? There's really no good reason not to.

All in all, he's clearly cemented himself in the discussion and he still has a lot of basketball yet to be played before his career winds down.

You're completely missing my point. the same team OKC choked against was the same team that went up 3-1 against the Cavs. From game 5 on out it was a different team. Why? Because of injuries/ suspensions. Yes they're part of the game, but you can't just discount them

As for 2015, It wasn't the same team, as you could clearly see that with Thompson and Dellavedova, two defensively oriented players, the Cavs decided to slow the pace down and pound it inside to Lebron. Had the Cavs still had Love and Irving, I still believe that the Cavs would've lost in 6 or even less, as trying to out run and gun the Warriors is not a good idea. Love in 2015 was not the Love in 2016/2017.

Also of note, the difference between Blatt and Lue's coaching is vastly different and was one of the biggest changes when the Warriors and Cavs met up again in the finals but I feel like as if quite a few people overlook that.

I see what your saying now. Yes injuries play a roll. However I feel as if GS should have still won that series in spite of them. I also believe OKC should have closed the deal vs the healthy GS team.

Your argument is sound though.

Glad your opinion doesn't matter.
whose does?
bingo 
laugh.gif

at some point you have to realize that all of these nonsensical arguments are merely armchair talk. none of it really matters. results do. 

in the record books, there won't be an asterisk that says (* this championship means more than this one because ___) or (* this isn't considered a valid championship because).

Bron will be the GOAT without question when he's done to me.

Respect to my avy always but Bron is already the greatest player of the most talented time in the NBA and has beaten the best team while coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

Also the only player to ever lead both teams in all important statistical categories in the Finals and did it TWICE.

He'll also be the only player in history with his combination of points/rebounds/assists + efficiency, in the regular season and the playoffs.

There will always be those who don't accept it but objectively it's going to be pretty cut and dry.

Respect to my avy always but Bron is already the greatest player of the most talented time in the NBA and has beaten the best team while coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

Also the only player to ever lead both teams in all important statistical categories in the Finals and did it TWICE.

He'll also be the only player in history with his combination of points/rebounds/assists + efficiency, in the regular season and the playoffs.

There will always be those who don't accept it but objectively it's going to be pretty cut and dry.

And here he comes.......

:lol:. Just knew Awwsome was on his way. "To you".....that's fair.

Bron will be the greatest until Giannis takes the throne and then some 3rd grader will after for awwsome.

Quote:

Will the all due respek, if there is a GOAT it's the guy in your avy bruv. As far as impact on the court and off of it with the game itself. It's Michael and it's not even close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom