Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

what i don't understand is why ya'll dudes sit here all day and berate players for not winning enough or having rings, and then get upset when they make the decision to put themselves in the best position to win some.

The only players i hold accountable for not having rings are players who get ranked amongst the GOATS and haven't won enough to be in that discussion. But if you can still be an amazing player without winning it all, just not a top 10 type.

If KD wants to be mentioned amongst the MJ's Kobe's Magics, Brons etc etc then he knew what he had to do. It was soft of him not to tell Russ but outside of that he owes them nothing at all. He stood there for 7 years, played MVP caliber ball his time there, and had success while OKC continued to not put the talent around him to excel to the next level.

That ain't gon happen cuz they didn't jump on a team that just won a championship w/o them.

didn't GS just lose a championship though? 

and if I'm correct in my armchair sports talk narrative history, 2015 was fluke because they got lucky with other teams having significant injuries.

right?

Yes they lost game 7 of the finals after winning 73 games and winning a ring a year before.

you didn't address the other part though.

isn't it an overwhelming narrative that they got lucky that year before? didn't virtually everyone say that if love and kyrie play, cleveland wins in 2015 and that's justified based on the results of 2016?

ya'll are going to have decide if golden state is a fluke champion that got lucky one year, and the biggest choke job of all time in the next...or if they're this juggernaut of a team that kd chose to take the easy route with. it can't be both. 

I don't have to decide nothing. :lol:

I never GSW was lucky. You gotta be specific.

Nope the title last year is what took Bron to the big boy table. You forget he was coming off b2b finals losses and staring at 3rd straight in the face. That saved his legacy.

To rational ****** like me and you.

But dudes were back on Bron's **** almost immediately after he won in MIA. Winning cures all. (Although, he was staring at Jerry West comps if GSW woulda completed the mission)

Last year def put him at the big boy table though. Can't take that away from him.

The Thunder with Oladipo and KD had a FAR better chance to win the 2017 Title than what this current GSW with KD does.

KD didn't join GSW for Chips, he also joined to be a part of what seemed like the best party in the NBA.

GSW looks at all times like they are having fun, and lots of it.

He left the best chance to win a CHIP. 
latest

I'm not. LeBron isn't what MJ and Magic are. However his ring last year holds more weight with me then if KD wins in GS.

Again the same team KD was up 3-1 on and lost was the same team Bron was down 3-1 to and won.
I can see that angle weight-bearing angle for sure...

Those are two different 3-1 series though. OKC had to play against a team that never lost Draymond (though he probably should have been suspended) and Bogut who didn't get hurt if my memory serves me correct.  If Dray gets suspended in that series at the time of the 3-1, there is no comeback.

The Thunder with Oladipo and KD had a FAR better chance to win the 2017 Title than what this current GSW with KD does.

KD didn't join GSW for Chips, he also joined to be a part of what seemed like the best party in the NBA.

I can see that angle weight-bearing angle for sure...

Those are two different 3-1 series though. OKC had to play against a team that never lost Draymond (though he probably should have been suspended) and Bogut who didn't get hurt if my memory serves me correct.  If Dray gets suspended in that series at the time of the 3-1, there is no comeback.

You may be right. However we could go back the season before and wonder what if LeBron had Irving and Love in the 2015 Finals.

I'm not. LeBron isn't what MJ and Magic are. However his ring last year holds more weight with me then if KD wins in GS.

Again the same team KD was up 3-1 on and lost was the same team Bron was down 3-1 to and won.
Now you're just changing narratives The same team KD was up 3-1 on was the same team that was up 3-1 against the Cavs. Due to Lebrons shenanigans, The team afterwards was dealing with a suspended Dray, injured bad back Iggy and out for the series Bogut. The team in games 5-7 was not the same team in games 1-4

:lol:  right. the 6 months of curry vs Lebron talk means that suddenly Lebron was never in the "goat" conversation. Iim completely imagining that.

The GOAT conversation for Bron ended in 2011 vs Dallas fam. Curry won MVP, won the chip, came back with a top 5 season of all time, first ever unanimous MVP, 73 wins and was on the cusp of winning another chip. It was definitely there. They wanted to anoint the baby faced assassin as the next one especially given his physical status.

Thinking back on it it's kind of remarkable the "fall" he's taken following the Finals, KD's entrance, and now the true point gawds in Russ and Beard taking his shine. Amazing 8 months for him.

Now you're just changing narratives The same team KD was up 3-1 on was the same team that was up 3-1 against the Cavs. Due to Lebrons shenanigans, The team afterwards was dealing with a suspended Dray, injured bad back Iggy and out for the series Bogut. The team in games 5-7 was not the same team in games 1-4

Iggy having back problems and Bogut going down is how the game goes. You'd literally have to go through every title in every sport ever and adjust for injuries.

Green was suspended for one game. GS lost 3 with him.

GS still had the unanimous MVP and home court advantage. There's no excuse for losing 3 straight in that situation.

The GOAT conversation for Bron ended in 2011 vs Dallas fam. Curry won MVP, won the chip, came back with a top 5 season of all time, first ever unanimous MVP, 73 wins and was on the cusp of winning another chip. It was definitely there. They wanted to anoint the baby faced assassin as the next one especially given his physical status.

Thinking back on it it's kind of remarkable the "fall" he's taken following the Finals, KD's entrance, and now the true point gawds in Russ and Beard taking his shine. Amazing 8 months for him.
It's not him falling from grace. His play style is more or less the same as last year. It's just that Durant, Westbrook, and Harden have elevated their games.

It's not him falling from grace. His play style is more or less the same as last year. It's just that Durant, Westbrook, and Harden have elevated their games.

That's why I put fall in quotes he's still arguably a top 5 player in his new role, but there was little doubt last year that he was #1. He was the face of the league up until late June.

Last edited:

Lol no...hellllll no

Iggy having back problems and Bogut going down is how the game goes. You'd literally have to go through every title in every sport ever and adjust for injuries.

Green was suspended for one game. GS lost 3 with him.

GS still had the unanimous MVP and home court advantage. There's no excuse for losing 3 straight in that situation.
But still your argument was that it was the same team. Personnel wise, it was clearly not the same team.

Oh and no one is really defending the Warriors first loss to the Cavs.

Last edited:

:lol: :smh:

Lebron making moves for his legacy through media outlets. That's cool, but all that really matters are the peers/folks in league imo.

No respected pundit is entertaining this guy as GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom