Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

what i don't understand is why ya'll dudes sit here all day and berate players for not winning enough or having rings, and then get upset when they make the decision to put themselves in the best position to win some.

The only players i hold accountable for not having rings are players who get ranked amongst the GOATS and haven't won enough to be in that discussion. But if you can still be an amazing player without winning it all, just not a top 10 type.

If KD wants to be mentioned amongst the MJ's Kobe's Magics, Brons etc etc then he knew what he had to do. It was soft of him not to tell Russ but outside of that he owes them nothing at all. He stood there for 7 years, played MVP caliber ball his time there, and had success while OKC continued to not put the talent around him to excel to the next level.

That ain't gon happen cuz they didn't jump on a team that just won a championship w/o them.

didn't GS just lose a championship though? 

and if I'm correct in my armchair sports talk narrative history, 2015 was fluke because they got lucky with other teams having significant injuries.

right?

Yes they lost game 7 of the finals after winning 73 games and winning a ring a year before.

KD is a certified BAN. Anyone taking his side vs Russ I question your ethics on a personal level.

If you and a friend start a business but your friend leaves for your competitor then I'd like to see you wish them well and just get over it. No loyalty or dog in KD. He wanted the easy way out. He's cotton candy and a D rider for getting a 2 Pac tat after saying on the record Biggie was his favorite rapper.

Talk that talk.

what i don't understand is why ya'll dudes sit here all day and berate players for not winning enough or having rings, and then get upset when they make the decision to put themselves in the best position to win some.

The only players i hold accountable for not having rings are players who get ranked amongst the GOATS and haven't won enough to be in that discussion. But if you can still be an amazing player without winning it all, just not a top 10 type.

If KD wants to be mentioned amongst the MJ's Kobe's Magics, Brons etc etc then he knew what he had to do. It was soft of him not to tell Russ but outside of that he owes them nothing at all. He stood there for 7 years, played MVP caliber ball his time there, and had success while OKC continued to not put the talent around him to excel to the next level.

That ain't gon happen cuz they didn't jump on a team that just won a championship w/o them.
didn't GS just lose a championship though? 

and if I'm correct in my armchair sports talk narrative history, 2015 was fluke because they got lucky with other teams having significant injuries.

right?
Yes they lost game 7 of the finals after winning 73 games and winning a ring a year before.
you didn't address the other part though.

isn't it an overwhelming narrative that they got lucky that year before? didn't virtually everyone say that if love and kyrie play, cleveland wins in 2015 and that's justified based on the results of 2016?

ya'll are going to have decide if golden state is a fluke champion that got lucky one year, and the biggest choke job of all time in the next...or if they're this juggernaut of a team that kd chose to take the easy route with. it can't be both. 

KD is a certified BAN. Anyone taking his side vs Russ I question your ethics on a personal level.

If you and a friend start a business but your friend leaves for your competitor then I'd like to see you wish them well and just get over it. No loyalty or dog in KD. He wanted the easy way out. He's cotton candy and a D rider for getting a 2 Pac tat after saying on the record Biggie was his favorite rapper.

russ got a quadruple double with 10+ turnovers and yall still questioning why KD left OKC.

this **** is business and folx got issues with another man investing in his future and capital :smh: yall still upset that dre had no loyalty to suge and left death row back in the 90s??

you didn't address the other part though.

isn't it an overwhelming narrative that they got lucky that year before? didn't virtually everyone say that if love and kyrie play, cleveland wins in 2015 and that's justified based on the results of 2016?

ya'll are going to have decide if golden state is a fluke champion that got lucky one year, and the biggest choke job of all time in the next...or if they're this juggernaut of a team that kd chose to take the easy route with. it can't be both. 

Not really. Cause even with Love x Kyrie the were down 3-1 and if not fit the Draymond suspension it's over in 5 non competitive games.

what would be funny is if KD won a ring with the warriors and then left and went back to OKC to try to win a ring there... kinda like how lebron went back to the cavs even though its not his hometown KD started his career there... i bet OKC would welcome KD back and even Russ too :lol:

That ***** has no connection to okc. He ain't coming back

russ got a quadruple double with 10+ turnovers and yall still questioning why KD left OKC.

this **** is business and folx got issues with another man investing in his future and capital :smh: yall still upset that dre had no loyalty to suge and left death row back in the 90s??

So it was Russ fault they couldn't close the deal last year up 3-1?

The Death Row situation was totally different on many levels but okay.

Last edited:
Tho I do gotta say KD somewhat did the Thunders dirty and took the easy route but at the end of the day he did what he feels right for him and he doesn't owe anyone jack**** especially with all the hard work and Years he put into his old team. Everyone knows Lebron pulled the same stunt and people got over it after second and third year same will happen with this situation

10000000%

Russ in that series did what he always does and has always done for his career and has continued to do in his first season as the guy. Short circuit at times down the stretch of close games. So while not ideal it is who he is, everything else he brings to the table far outweighs that flaw in my opinion. KD was the one uncharacteristically getting a tight sphincter. The model of efficiency coming out chucking in Game 6 taking shots he never does AND disappearing down the stretch. Funny thing is the latter is still going on in the close games GS has had this season and there's no Westbrook in sight on that team.

Last edited:

Truth telling Ty back at it again with the realness

OKC was up 3-1 on GS. What do you mean they didn't put talent around him?

KDs rings in GS will never be in MJ, Magic or LeBrons class. That same team KD was up 3-1 against and lost was the same team LeBron fell behind 3-1 and won.
Which class is that exactly? Please let not act like Lebron played with Smushes and Kwames in any of his title runs.

As far as titles go, the MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe/Duncan titles will always look different to those of a superstar athlete who LEAVES his own team to join someone else's squad.

Which class is that exactly? Please let not act like Lebron played with Smushes and Kwames in any of his title runs.

As far as titles go, the MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe/Duncan titles will always look different to those of a superstar athlete who LEAVES his own team to join someone else's squad.

What were the Cavs when LeBron joined the 2nd time? They sure as hell weren't the GS team KD joined. Lottery team.

[/B]

Truth telling Ty back at it again with the realness

Explain to me how OKC had no talent when they were up 3-1 vs GS?

Last edited:
People are so understanding now. I'm sure y'all had the same reaction after The Decision :lol:

"Well he did what was best for him"

Some of y'all were just mad last week when the Cavs got Korver :lol:

THIS

Plus what was LeBron leaving behind in Cleveland when he left? Who on that team was on Russ level?

People are so understanding now. I'm sure y'all had the same reaction after The Decision :lol:

"Well he did what was best for him"

Some of y'all were just mad last week when the Cavs got Korver :lol:
you become desensitized/get used to it, after colluding becomes the new normal.

I used to take basketball super serious but I've grown out of it. Have no problems with players playing where they want but it does weaken the game as far as competition goes. I like when superstars have they own squads and compete. My favorite chip teams besides any Lakers squads is the, 2011 mavs and Detroit pistons 04..

Last edited:
I bet most dudes would say the whole "he did what's best for him" if KD joined the team they were rooting for

What were the Cavs when LeBron joined the 2nd time? They sure as hell weren't the GS team KD joined.
No not at all, but you're putting Lebron in a class with players who never left their teams to begin with to win a title. 

Lets be sure we differentiate superstars who stuck it out with their teams vs those that won by going elsewhere.

The Thunder with Oladipo and KD had a FAR better chance to win the 2017 Title than what this current GSW with KD does.

KD didn't join GSW for Chips, he also joined to be a part of what seemed like the best party in the NBA.

GSW looks at all times like they are having fun, and lots of it.

He left the best chance to win a CHIP. 

Nope the title last year is what took Bron to the big boy table. You forget he was coming off b2b finals losses and staring at 3rd straight in the face. That saved his legacy.

Not sure how folks will take this, but I absolutely 100% feel like Joel Embiid (if the NBA season ended today) deserves PLENTY of MVP votes. I am in no way saying he'll win. But he should be in consideration. He's one of a handful of guys in the league, where if you take them off their respective teams, they're walking that fine line between being competitive and lottery bound. Westbrook, Harden, James, Wall, and Embiid are the 5 guys who immediately come to mind. He plays limited minutes, but his impact can't be understated. Shoot, even TJ McConnell made mention of how much he means to the success of the 76ers last night in the post game interview. If you're questioning where I'm coming from, just look at these stats:

Da proof is in da puddin'

14 wins is a major knock, but I hope the voters see that he gets some love in the balloting process. If healthy, he's well on his way to superstardom.

You're damn right. It's a shame he won't be announced as a starter for the ASG tonight, but if he's not picked as a reserve at least it will be the biggest ******* joke ever.

No not at all, but you're putting Lebron in a class with players who never left their teams to begin with to win a title. 

Lets be sure we differentiate superstars who stuck it out with their teams vs those that won by going elsewhere.

I'm not. LeBron isn't what MJ and Magic are. However his ring last year holds more weight with me then if KD wins in GS.

Again the same team KD was up 3-1 on and lost was the same team Bron was down 3-1 to and won.

Even tho he already said he would love to play in the Chase center which won't be finished for another 2 years I wouldn't be surprised if KD does pull a Lebron win a ring or 2 and head back to the Thunders or even the wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom