Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i find the loyalty thing funny too. 

gms can ship dudes around like it's nothing. a free agent chooses where he wants to play basketball and suddenly there's a discussion about loyalty.

do you guys have the same vitriol for pat riley treating wade like a stepchild as you do for players who choose their fate?
There were PLENTY of posts in here about Riley being a sucka and doing Wade like that.

But as a whole, you are right. People rarely hold teams as responsible as they hold players.

In College, we bash kids for wanting to transfer.

But we don't say much about Coaches getting "better jobs."

i think KD just really wanted a ring and is tired of being in second place in everything so he joined the warriors since it was the easiest way for him to get a chip... he doesnt care about the backlash since Lebron already paved the way of getting a championship the most convenient way possible so KD did the same thing... i dont think he cares about the loyalty factor either in getting a ring kinda like how Dirk did it on his terms... if you think about it Lebron was getting bashed the same exact way when he went to Miami but once he won that first ring all was forgotten same thing will happen with KD...

gms can ship dudes around like it's nothing. a free agent chooses where he wants to play basketball and suddenly there's a discussion about loyalty.

do you guys have the same vitriol for pat riley treating wade like a stepchild as you do for players who choose their fate?

Wade was a player in decline that can't go 82 games. Same dudes who kill Miami for letting Wade go are the same who'll kill LA for hooking Kobe up.

i think KD just really wanted a ring and is tired of being in second place in everything so he joined the warriors since it was the easiest way for him to get a chip... he doesnt care about the backlash since Lebron already paved the way of getting a championship the most convenient way possible so KD did the same thing... i dont think he cares about the loyalty factor either in getting a ring kinda like how Dirk did it on his terms... if you think about it Lebron was getting bashed the same exact way when he went to Miami but once he won that first ring all was forgotten same thing will happen with KD...

Bron was still getting bashed even after b2b in Miami, wasn't until he gave up on Wade, went byke home, the fans put their charred jerseys back together, he became a family man! got Draymond suspended, and made the greatest comeback story in modern sports that he's really Teflon now.

It's funny to me every time people say "He did what was best for him" :lol:

That's all good but when you run to the team that you choked a 3-1 to and they've already won a ring w/o you, it makes you look soft.

Last edited:
what i don't understand is why ya'll dudes sit here all day and berate players for not winning enough or having rings, and then get upset when they make the decision to put themselves in the best position to win some.

The only players i hold accountable for not having rings are players who get ranked amongst the GOATS and haven't won enough to be in that discussion. But if you can still be an amazing player without winning it all, just not a top 10 type.

If KD wants to be mentioned amongst the MJ's Kobe's Magics, Brons etc etc then he knew what he had to do. It was soft of him not to tell Russ but outside of that he owes them nothing at all. He stood there for 7 years, played MVP caliber ball his time there, and had success while OKC continued to not put the talent around him to excel to the next level.

It's funny to me every time people say "He did what was best for him"
laugh.gif

That's all good but when you run to the team that you choked a 3-1 to and they've already won a ring w/o you, it makes you look soft.
It's crazy people are really defending it still to this day.

what i don't understand is why ya'll dudes sit here all day and berate players for not winning enough or having rings, and then get upset when they make the decision to put themselves in the best position to win some.

The only players i hold accountable for not having rings are players who get ranked amongst the GOATS and haven't won enough to be in that discussion. But if you can still be an amazing player without winning it all, just not a top 10 type.

If KD wants to be mentioned amongst the MJ's Kobe's Magics, Brons etc etc then he knew what he had to do. It was soft of him not to tell Russ but outside of that he owes them nothing at all. He stood there for 7 years, played MVP caliber ball his time there, and had success while OKC continued to not put the talent around him to excel to the next level.

OKC was up 3-1 on GS. What do you mean they didn't put talent around him?

KDs rings in GS will never be in MJ, Magic or LeBrons class. That same team KD was up 3-1 against and lost was the same team LeBron fell behind 3-1 and won.

I'll NEVER fault anyone for leaving via free agency. It's their right to do so.

Having a ring changes the narrative for careers.

Now, I don't know if that is the SAME people on both sides, but in general, I can agree with this idea.

The media uses the, "If he didn't win a ring, his career is incomplete" logic, YALL repeat it.

Then we get mad at players for, "Taking the easy way out" AS IF, ONE man is going to lead a team to a ring by himself. (See History).

People don't know what they want man.

But in the KD situation, I don't care that he went to a better team. I care that
A. He went to a team that just SMASHED his squad (Where is the Pride)
B. He didn't communicate with RW BEFORE he made the annoucement.

KD's situation is unique, he joined a 73 win team with a 2 time (last time unanimous MVP). A team he was up on 3-1 and was heavily complicit in them blowing that series to said team. He has every right to leave, but to THAT team,nah. Don't think nearly as much if any vitriol is aimed his way if he joined SA, LAC, or BOS. The only way this would have worked out worse from a PR standpoint is if GS had won it all and he still joined them. It's not like he didn't have the horses to get it done in OKC like Bron did in his first CLE stint.

Last edited:
KD doesn't own the fans or the organization ****. But Russ is different.

That's supposed to be your boy. That doesn't mean he had to stay.

But at least be up front and honest with him. He wasn't which made him leaving hurt even more.

what would be funny is if KD won a ring with the warriors and then left and went back to OKC to try to win a ring there... kinda like how lebron went back to the cavs even though its not his hometown KD started his career there... i bet OKC would welcome KD back and even Russ too :lol:

There were PLENTY of posts in here about Riley being a sucka and doing Wade like that.

But as a whole, you are right. People rarely hold teams as responsible as they hold players.

In College, we bash kids for wanting to transfer.

But we don't say much about Coaches getting "better jobs."
perfect comparison. in the sports hierarchy, the players are on the bottom of the totem pole. yet they are the most criticized. 

Wade was a player in decline that can't go 82 games. Same dudes who kill Miami for letting Wade go are the same who'll kill LA for hooking Kobe up.
but we're talking about loyalty right?

decline or not, is dwyane wade not the greatest and most recognizable member in their franchise history? if we believe in this idea of loyalty when it comes to sports, wouldn't giving him a farewell contract be the loyal thing to do? especially considering the sacrifices he made in order for the betterment of the franchise?

it really is mind boggling. 

a guy is deemed a disappointment or failure if he never wins a championship.

he puts himself in the best opportunity to win one, and he's a front runner.

watch the same people who are making westbrook out to be some sort of hero be the same ones saying "but he didn't win a championship" when he retires.

i watched everyone do this with allen iverson. 

KD's situation is unique, he joined a 73 win team with a 2 time (last time unanimous MVP). A team he was up on 3-1 and was heavily complicit in them blowing that series to said team. He has every right to leave, but to THAT team,nah. Don't think nearly as much if any vitriol is aimed his way if he joined SA, LAC, or BOS. The only way this would have worked out worse from a PR standpoint is if GS had won it all and he still joined them. It's not like he didn't have the horses to get it done in OKC like Bron did in his first CLE stint.

KD doesn't own the fans or the organization ****. But Russ is different.
That's supposed to be your boy. That doesn't mean he had to stay.
But at least be up front and honest with him. He wasn't which made him leaving hurt even more.

:pimp:

That ain't gon happen cuz they didn't jump on a team that just won a championship w/o them.

Wade made sacrifices in order to win more rings for himself. He benefited from his own sacrifices to be a 3 time NBA champion.

RE: Bashing Players and Not Front Officies.

It is much easier to get on the case of a sole individual who is making a decision (A Player) than it is to get on the case of a collective group (The Front Office). So maybe that is why we tend to do it more.

Also, some might not want to buy this, but it is also easier to get on the case of the young (usually black) athlete that should be thankful for even being in that position for not "being happy and staying put" than it is to get on the case of the "front office."

That ain't gon happen cuz they didn't jump on a team that just won a championship w/o them.
didn't GS just lose a championship though? 

and if I'm correct in my armchair sports talk narrative history, 2015 was fluke because they got lucky with other teams having significant injuries.

right?

Last edited:
Funny thing is, that if Harrison Barnes didn't wet the bed and actually made at least half those open shots he bricked, he, as well as Barbosa, Speights, etc, would still be on the team this season.

Funny how that one player changed the landscape of the NBA

You know how people put more stock in Bron's chip last year over free Miami ones or Kobe's b2b as opposed to the 3-peat. That's going to be KD except on steroids and backwards. Like Max Kellerman says he tried to reverse engineer his greatness.

Last edited:
didn't GS just lose a championship though? 

and if I'm correct in my armchair sports talk narrative history, 2015 was fluke because they got lucky with other teams having significant injuries.

right?

GS was up 3-1 in the Finals. It wasn't like they got swept. They let last year slip away. Lost at home game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom