Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't even make any sense. They didn't have a starting guard in Houston so no need for him to come off the bench there. OKC didn't have to trade him at all at that point, he wasn't unhappy with his role and was as shocked as everyone else that he was dealt. $6 million was the difference in OKC blowing their franchise cause they didn't want to pay luxury tax.

Last edited:
That doesn't even make any sense. OKC didn't have to trade him at all at that point, he wasn't unhappy with his role and was as shocked as everyone else that he was dealt. $6 million was the difference in OKC blowing their franchise cause they didn't want to pay luxury tax.
Never said OKC had to trade him nor did I say Harden was unhappy being a 6th man, but he wasn't going to settle playing behind inferior talent for less money long term.

So yes, money was the deciding factor as he would have less earning potential as an 6th man in OKC than the "star" in Houston.  That's just as I see it and no, I don't have any credible sources outside of what I know and what has been told to me.

paying ibaka over harden was always dumb to me
plus if you're a small market team you have to pay your players cause you aren't gonna be able to attract free agents
you rarely get draft luck like okc did

kd
jeff green
russ
harden
ibaka
reggie jackson
steven adams

that's wild

Last edited:
rbk93 rbk93 Now you have credible sources, us.

It's fine to see things however you want, it just doesn't make what you see true, is all.

We're all wrong from time to time, no big deal.

Last edited:
Never said OKC had to trade him nor did I say Harden was unhappy being a 6th man, but he wasn't going to settle playing behind inferior talent for less money long term.

So yes, money was the deciding factor as he would have less earning potential as an 6th man in OKC than the "star" in Houston.  That's just as I see it and no, I don't have any credible sources outside of what I know and what has been told to me.

Well you don't know is much then. He was willing to stay a 6th man but wanted to get a max deal like Ibaka got. He was going to be a RFA the following summer, OKC controlled all the rights to him. They just offer him the max deal instead of trying to avoid luxury tax penalties and he stays there. He, KD, and even Russ have repeatedly stated the dynamic they had was fine and wouldn't have changed.

And the dumb thing is they could have had all 4 of them of they just would have bit the bullet then and paid the luxury tax. Jerry Buss would have never let that happen, but I think Clay Bennett was going through some typr of financial issues at the time. .

Last edited:
"If this was not acceptable we were going to have to move and make the best decision for the franchise," Presti said he told Harden. "Given the fact that it was becoming a reality that he would more than likely be signing elsewhere at the end of the season. Once that reality was met, as we have in the past, this organization turned the page."

Before the day was over, Harden was heading to Houston.

"We made several efforts to try to make this work," he said. "I think there's a point in every negotiation where you start to realize where things are lining up. At that point you have to play the hand you are dealt. As an organization, we've made some tough decisions. This one was right up there with them. But once you know the landscape you have to look at everything and make the decision you feel is best for the franchise."
You sure I'm wrong?  

The interview I watched he said he didn't mind it but he said he felt like he was sacrificing for the team but the team didn't sacrifice enough for him.

He definitely would've started at some point over sefelosha. They just liked him at 6th man because he could run that unit and get the best out of them

Idk if I'll ever be as salty about another franchise. I enjoyed the hell out of okc when they had all 3 and now it sickens me to watch russ play 1v5. Only thing cool about it is that one of the 2 seem to be on their way to an MVP happy for them. Thought harden should've won it 2 years ago though

Yes you still are wrong. It was a money decision.
I already said it was.  Harden wasn't going to take less to play behind inferior talent and Presti wasn't going to pay for a player he felt was replaceable.

They chose Ibaka over Harden for team balance and the Perkins extension was all around a bad decision.

EDIT:  If Harden 100% was truly committed to this dynamic, he would have signed whatever contract given to him no hesitation. I'm sorry, but "he didn't have enough time to decide" is being naive.

Last edited:
Who y'all think will start in the all star game cause one will have to be left out

Curry
Harden
Westbrook

I say it will be Curry and Harden due to popularity and record wins

He got the offer minutes before trade deadline and was traded before he could even consider it, but carry on.
If your wife left you but you didn't know, you found out from walking in on her boning your Coworker at Company Christmas party....while she tells him she's leaving you as you watch from outside the door.

If your wife left you and you didn't know, it means your relationship was trash for a minute and you were the last to know.

KD is a grown man, he doesn't owe his life to ANYONE especially another grown *** man who isn't blood.

Westbrook don't have to be friends with him but he's gotta keep it moving and dead that petty ****

Last edited:
I bet if KD just kept it a buck with Russ from the start they'd still be cool.

I don't blame Durant for leaving at all but he should've been up front with Russell once he knew he was leaving for a fact.

I bet if KD just kept it a buck with Russ from the start they'd still be cool.

I don't blame Durant for leaving at all but he should've been up front with Russell once he knew he was leaving for a fact.

I assume what the hub bub between Westbrook and Durant is how Durant left the team, without giving Russ a call. When you spend all the time with someone who is your right hand man, you have to make the call. Russell seems to feel some sort of way due to how he found out about Durant leaving. He practically found out the same way everyone else did--though an ESPN report.

I'm sure if Durant called Russ and told him what he was going to do before news broke out, I don't think Russ would've taken it how he did. Durant seemed scared to tell him though. Probably didn't want to have that conversation. Who knows?

This is also the first time I've seen Paul George play since November.

Either Kings Defense is on point tonight or he is struggling getting to his spots and moving with the ball.

He's lost the ball trying to split screens, come off of screens and penetrating, all the important ball handling needs. Washed?

Someone was in the nike forum telling people pg is a superstar. We were telling him nah and then his reply was everyone else doesn't know anything about basketball.

Paul George couldn't hold Kawhi's jock strap. Another case of the the "NT hype train" in overdrive for no reason.

Not sure how folks will take this, but I absolutely 100% feel like Joel Embiid (if the NBA season ended today) deserves PLENTY of MVP votes. I am in no way saying he'll win. But he should be in consideration. He's one of a handful of guys in the league, where if you take them off their respective teams, they're walking that fine line between being competitive and lottery bound. Westbrook, Harden, James, Wall, and Embiid are the 5 guys who immediately come to mind. He plays limited minutes, but his impact can't be understated. Shoot, even TJ McConnell made mention of how much he means to the success of the 76ers last night in the post game interview. If you're questioning where I'm coming from, just look at these stats:

johnschuhmann: Embiid a +20 in a game the Sixers won by 5. He's now a +68 for a team that's 14-26.

BenGolliver: Sixers' defensive rating w/ Embiid = No. 1 in NBA.
Sixers' defensive rating w/o Embiid = No. 25 in NBA. pic.twitter.com/v6p8HHr5ss

Da proof is in da puddin'

14 wins is a major knock, but I hope the voters see that he gets some love in the balloting process. If healthy, he's well on his way to superstardom.

You my dude A-friend but Durant did not go off effiecnently  in the playoff's last year. He shot 43% and 28% from deep. OKC should have beaten the Warriors but they did not.  He is a front runner and he destroyed OKC tonight but that is cool, like OKC is supposed to be on their level when they are losing one of the top 5 players in the NBA.

But what was his ts%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom