Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also,

Can we talk about how GREAT Greg Monroe has been off the bench?

6MOTY type numbers and efficiency he's putting up. I can't wait until the NBA wakes up and realizes the 6MOTY award isn't Ailey reserved solely for microwave combo guards....

Lol the typecasting is too real

I'm only including guys that played with the 3pt line so 1979/80 to now, makes no sense to include other guys who played a drastically different game.

And no, none of them guys you mentioned put up IT2 numbers with his usage and efficiency, only CP3.

I account for eras when it comes to efficiency. I also account for individual impact on team success as well. You'll retort with Pace and minutes played etc. it's really kind of a visious circle. I'm not a guy that's against analytics. But soley relying on them to paint pictures and dismiss players of the past I'm not down with. Real convos need to be had about balancing all these factors when evaluating seasons/players from historical perspectives.

Like your comment a week ago about Greek Freek having the greatest season ever under 25 other (Bron/Cp3) and omitting the seasons guys like KD,Shaq,Duncan,Tmac,KG,Magic.....and a host of other great seasons for guys under that age is OD

I just done think it's fully thought out. And is reactionary and hyperbole. I know you did it to spark the convo :lol:. But....

Agree to disagree.

http://bkref.com/tiny/ToWEm

http://bkref.com/tiny/Na4Ut

http://bkref.com/tiny/v4JC6

There's the proof for you, it's not agree to disagree just math.

No matter how you slice it, what IT is doing has only been matched by CP3 from every metric, it's just them two at the top.

IT just has to maintain it over the season just as Giannis does.

You keep saying "hyperbole" but all I'm backing up my argument with is data and history that shows that it's true.

You tryna be subjective on something objective

Last edited:
^^^^""Just Math" could tell you Giannis had a better season under 25 than '99 Duncan.

Relying solely ok "math/statistics" to compare players across 40 year eras where there were sizemic shifts in philosophy, play style etc is shortsighted.

awwsome awwsome we see things differently. In your world...you rely almost exclusively on stats. I'm willing to look at all stats. Consider outside factors. Then come to my conclusions.

You got your views...I got mine. That's just the reality.

Beas woulda got me fired :lol: I woulda took him first. Rose had a bunch of single digit nights at Memphis while Beas over there putting up 26/12 every night at 18 :smh: several 30,40 point nights & everything. I'm still in awe at how his career has gone.
Mike Beasley is the best college player I've seen. No one would blame you bro.

^^^^""Just Math" could tell you Giannis had a better season under 25 than '99 Duncan.

Relying solely ok "math/statistics" to compare players across 40 year eras where there were sizemic shifts in philosophy, play style etc is shortsighted.

awwsome awwsome we see things differently. In your world...you rely almost exclusively on stats. I'm willing to look at all stats. Consider outside factors. Then come to my conclusions.

You got your views...I got mine. That's just the reality.

I have as much respect for the history of the game as anybody, some of my favorite all time players are older like Hakeem, Jerry West, Sabonis, Dr.J, Worthy, MJx David Robinson etc so that narrative is tired.

And the numbers tell you that Giannis is having a better individual season than '99 Duncan because he is. :lol:

http://bkref.com/tiny/b6ZxW

I don't see what's so hard to believe about that considering that Giannis is a 7 foot PG while being an elite defender while Duncan played with a HOF C, HOF coach and a great team in general.

Talking about you consider stats and "outside" facts but you didn't even consider that.

Not only that but I shortened things to the 3pt era and use pace adjusted #'s so once again, that narrative is wrong too.

I don't need to rely exclusively on stats, they just back up my eye test with fact, which you can't say.

I have as much respect for the history of the game as anybody, some of my favorite all time players are older like Hakeem, Jerry West, Sabonis, Dr.J, Worthy, MJx David Robinson etc so that narrative is tired.

And the numbers tell you that Giannis is having a better individual season than '99 Duncan because he is. :lol:

http://bkref.com/tiny/b6ZxW

I don't see what's so hard to believe about that considering that Giannis is a 7 foot PG while being an elite defender while Duncan played with a HOF C, HOF coach and a great team in general.

Talking about you consider stats and "outside" facts but you didn't even consider that.

Not only that but I shortened things to the 3pt era and use pace adjusted #'s so once again, that narrative is wrong too.

I don't need to rely exclusively on stats, they just back up my eye test with fact, which you can't say.

That link you posted tells me Kevin Love had a better under 25 season in 13-14.... than Kawhi Leonard last year. Or '02 Duncan or '14 Curry etc.

"Just Math"

:lol:

That link you posted tells me Kevin Love had a better under 25 season in 13-14.... than Kawhi Leonard last year. Or '02 Duncan or '14 Curry etc.

"Just Math"

:lol:

Because from an individual standpoint he did, his team just wasn't even close to as good as any of those other guys.

26/12/4, 50% on 2's, 37% on 3's.

But yea lets penalize him because he played with a historically bad shooting PG and Kevin Martin, very comparable to those other guys teams. :lol:

I don't see what's so hard to understand but I've showed you a million times and you just don't get it.

You can think what you want but I'll continue to actually back up my arguments factually and you can back them up with whatever you do.

Last edited:
You can't exactly boil down basketball to numbers. It's important true but it's only a part of the story

C2GBdJMVEAEB1R7

Giannis picked up his dribble here & dunked.

Last edited:
Beas woulda got me fired :lol: I woulda took him first. Rose had a bunch of single digit nights at Memphis while Beas over there putting up 26/12 every night at 18 :smh: several 30,40 point nights & everything. I'm still in awe at how his career has gone.
I'd take him in OKC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom